3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[PS4] No bought businesses calling? Please help

nWo_Y2J_2015

nWo_Y2J_2015

I'm on PS4 and I've bought all of the businesses a while back, but still haven't gotten a single phone call from any of them. Is there a fix for this? The only trophy I haven't gotten yet is "All's Fare in Love and War", so I need the Downtown Cab Co. to call me for a private fare. Anyone know what to do?

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

That's been a common problem and there are usually some ways of fixing it but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed since it's random.

• Try quick-saving and then loading that exact save file
  • Try quick-saving on a new save slot, mess around in Online mode and then after a few minutes or so press down on the d-pad and switch to Franklin, might get a call a minute or so after taking control of him
  • Again, try quick-saving and then go on a rampage... believe it or not getting yourself killed in-game will sometimes cause progress to resume again (instead of being paused like it is now)
  • Try calling a taxi and place the destination marker somewhere across the map, skip the ride and then kill yourself in-game

Best of luck.

948185.png

nWo_Y2J_2015

That's been a common problem and there are usually some ways of fixing it but I'm not sure if it's guaranteed since it's random.

• Try quick-saving and then loading that exact save file
  • Try quick-saving on a new save slot, mess around in Online mode and then after a few minutes or so press down on the d-pad and switch to Franklin, might get a call a minute or so after taking control of him
  • Again, try quick-saving and then go on a rampage... believe it or not getting yourself killed in-game will sometimes cause progress to resume again (instead of being paused like it is now)
  • Try calling a taxi and place the destination marker somewhere across the map, skip the ride and then kill yourself in-game

Best of luck.

Thanks for replying! I'm going to try these now...

1. Didn't work

2. Didn't work

3. Didn't work

4. Didn't work

Anyone else have any ideas?

On my PS3 (after I got 100%)-- I wasn't getting any calls-- no random events, etc....then one day after leaving online-- it all just started working again...

try all the above again--- don't just try once---

Some more things below to try

http://gtaforums.com/topic/693430-downtown-cab-co-private-fare-not-working/

http://gtaforums.com/topic/770477-no-property-jobs-going-for-platinum-and-need-alls-fare/

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

nWo_Y2J_2015

Thanks, so far still nothing, but I'll keep trying I guess.

stargateheaven

I had the same problem. I've played for a further 20 hours waiting for them to call or random events to happen, but it just isn't happening. One time they randomly came back but then they disappeared again. But i think i've found a solution for the PS4 version. I did what rockstar did (thought it was rubbish advice but it actually worked)

Save your game into a new slot. (I chose michael, not sure if you have to)

Start your PS4 in safe mode (turn off completely, then turn on using the power button and hold it, you'll hear 2 beeps.. one beep when you first press, and a 2nd after holding it for about 7 seconds.)

you'll get a screen with some options.. choose rebuild ps4 database. it took about 10minutes for me.

as soon as i loaded gta back up i got a text from the cinema guys.

Now i just have a seperate problem of Hao street races not appearing (not getting a text from him) :(

Let me know if it works though.

nWo_Y2J_2015

I had the same problem. I've played for a further 20 hours waiting for them to call or random events to happen, but it just isn't happening. One time they randomly came back but then they disappeared again. But i think i've found a solution for the PS4 version. I did what rockstar did (thought it was rubbish advice but it actually worked)

Start your PS4 in safe mode (turn off completely, then turn on using the power button and hold it, you'll hear 2 beeps.. one beep when you first press, and a 2nd after holding it for about 7 seconds.)

you'll get a screen with some options.. choose rebuild ps4 database. it took about 10minutes for me.

Now i just have a seperate problem of Hao street races not appearing (not getting a text from him) :(

Thank you, I'll try it, but what does "rebuild PS4 database" do? Will I lose anything?

UPDATE: I have done the "Rebuild PS4 Database" thing, which only took maybe 30 seconds, and now I am starting the game back up. It started as Franklin and so far nothing is happening. I'm not getting any phone calls or anything. Any other ideas anyone?

Edited by nWo_Y2J_2015

Cutter De Blanc

Starting the game in online mode, messing about for a bit, then leaving online via the pause menu seems to arbitrarily and intermittently fix the problem. I'm not sure how permanent this solution is though. I don't seem to get random events or property missions at all if I start the game in Single Player.

nWo_Y2J_2015

Starting the game in online mode, messing about for a bit, then leaving online via the pause menu seems to arbitrarily and intermittently fix the problem. I'm not sure how permanent this solution is though. I don't seem to get random events or property missions at all if I start the game in Single Player.

Still no calls or anything.

Cutter De Blanc

Try changing lobbies a few times online before going back to SP

stargateheaven

Thank you, I'll try it, but what does "rebuild PS4 database" do? Will I lose anything?

UPDATE: I have done the "Rebuild PS4 Database" thing, which only took maybe 30 seconds, and now I am starting the game back up. It started as Franklin and so far nothing is happening. I'm not getting any phone calls or anything. Any other ideas anyone?

you don't lose any data, it just kinda resets some files i think. But sorry it didnt work for you :( that was the fix to my solution after months.

Edited by stargateheaven

nWo_Y2J_2015

Try changing lobbies a few times online before going back to SP

Still nothing, maybe if I blow up every Taxi they'd have to need Frank lol.

you don't lose any data, it just kinda resets some files i think. But sorry it didnt work for you :( that was the fix to my solution after months.

Thanks, it's ok, eventually an idea would have to work.

Still nothing

Anything? Having the same problem, there was a video www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkDMxz38qtE but it requires buying the Tow Truck Property, which I already own

nWo_Y2J_2015

Still nothing

Anything? Having the same problem, there was a video www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkDMxz38qtE but it requires buying the Tow Truck Property, which I already own

Nope, still haven't gotten anything. I also already own the Tow Truck company.

stargateheaven

It really sucks.. I'm so tired of this bug, and many other bugs.

i have a question that may be related to this bug (at least it happends to me)

if you go online via the wheel, and exit via the wheel and choose a character that way, does it sometimes go to the wrong character? like if i'm online, and i choose franklin via the wheel, it would go to michael. i noticed when this wasn't happening anymore, i was getting calls again. so i wonder if they're related.

nWo_Y2J_2015

It really sucks.. I'm so tired of this bug, and many other bugs.

i have a question that may be related to this bug (at least it happends to me)

if you go online via the wheel, and exit via the wheel and choose a character that way, does it sometimes go to the wrong character? like if i'm online, and i choose franklin via the wheel, it would go to michael. i noticed when this wasn't happening anymore, i was getting calls again. so i wonder if they're related.

I don't know if they're related, but it happens to me too. I thought I was the only one lol

stargateheaven

OK, try this.. this seemed to fix the character switch bug for me.

Find and identify the characters which are mixed up.(Example, choosing franklin will go to michael)

be franklin and call michael to hang out, as soon as the icon on the map appears to where you should meet him, switch to michael.

franklin should auto-warp to near michael.

then try online again and choose franklin from the wheel. it should be OK then. if not, then do michael and call franklin and do the reverse.

kylerfox10

Find and identify the characters which are mixed up.(Example, choosing franklin will go to michael)

be franklin and call michael to hang out, as soon as the icon on the map appears to where you should meet him, switch to michael.

then try online again and choose franklin from the wheel. it should be OK then. if not, then do michael and call franklin and do the reverse.

He basically already said it stopped, why are you putting a solution to a glitch unrelated to the original topic

stargateheaven

He basically already said it stopped, why are you putting a solution to a glitch unrelated to the original topic

What do you mean he said it stopped?

The glitches go hand in hand and if you fix one, you fix the other. So.. it's not unrelated and your post is redundant.

kylerfox10

The glitches go hand in hand and if you fix one, you fix the other. So.. it's not unrelated and your post is redundant.

No, but the solution you gave is unrelated to the original topic and the person said "I noticed when this wasn't happening anymore"

• 7 months later...

This happen to me also first it M&F then M&T then when I went to select Trevor my online character wasn't on the bottom picked T and got M again ok picked M then got M now Tried F got M trying F got M again it's all glitched up I guess my 86% is F*cked I just wish R* could fix this bug this happened to me on PS3 also at 87% I'm out of ideas I've tried every method on here with no luck very frustrating I can't finish the taxi missions when they won't call. I give up 100% not worth it, not trying again. I wish R* would notice how much Online updates glitch up Story Mode. :angry: