Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,715 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Cecil_PL

GTA V Fix for fps drops and mouse lags when v-sync is on

Cecil_PL

Hello everyone, i found a simple solution to get a Stable framerate, i found that when i use v sync, in some places when my game drops to 47-45 FPS vsync drops it to 30 and then back to 60, which is really annoying, when i turn vsync off game is working flawlesly w/o mouse lag, but sometime framerate goes to high 90-180 and which causes only to generate more heat and you can`t see any benefits of it, so solution is to manually lock max framerate to 60 fps, with Riva Tuner Statistics Server, download one, run it and add gta v executable, which is in /Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto V/GTA5.exe, set application detection level to high, and framerate limit to 60, aswell show on screen display to off, to get rid of fps meter in corner, for me it works great, mouse lag reduced to minimal (helps with deathmatch :D ), and no high framerate drops :) btw mi rig is R9 270 2GB MSI, FX6300 @ 4,2Ghz and 8GB of ram and settings almost max, only textures and shadows set to high, due to not get too much over predicted vram limit :), hope it helps someone. cheers :) (and sorry for my english)

Big Danny K

Thanks

My Vsync is on and I couldn't understand why the FPS was dropping to 30 for a few seconds and then back to 60...

emcax24

the stuttering and frame drops is cuz your computer isn't fast enough to keep the framerate above 60 so it goes to 30. the real solution to your problem is to lower your graphics options or turn off vsync.
all you're doing is keeping the framerate below 61fps. if you run into an area with heavy textures or geometry your computer is still going to lag when the fps goes below 59. vsync is gonna drop the fps to 30 so that you can have an even number of frames synced to your refresh rate.

iddqdvie

did you try different mouse input settings ? raw and direct ...

the vsync 30 fps drop issue is a bug, (i believe). i am monitoring the fps via the steam ingame thing and i saw the 30 fps, thats what heppens when u first start or alt tab to desktop and get back in the game. i solve this by simply set the refreshrate back and fourth (from 60 to somehting else to 60). 30 fps never seen again. (until the next desktop visit)

emcax24

not a bug. that's how vsnc works. i hear theres a half sync option try that one.

vsync does 2 passes for every frame. so pretty much you need double the ram because for every frame in the game, the video card makes 2 and takes the best part of each to make 1 image. for lack of a better explanation. you need a video card able to get 120frames steady unsynced in order to get a solid 60fps with vsync on. so when you go below 60fps to 59 it can't produce a steady image. the only option now is to go to the next increment which in the ntsc world (NA/60hz) means 30fps. video runs at 29.7fps @60hz you effectively work in doubles when you use vsync. 30/60/120(now you see why 120hz monitors for 60fps video).

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Vertical_sync_%28Vsync%29

you'll most likely need to read several articles to get the gist of it. but basically it's trickery for your brain to make you think you're seeing fluid motion.

Edited by emcax24

calvooo

I will ask there. Because i have same gpu as OP.

With 2GB gpu you can not set Textures to high. Even if I set everything to minimun my VRAM usage is little more than 2GB with high textures. Do we really need 3-4GB vram to play with high textures?

Flitskikker

If you have NVIDIA:

Disable VSync in-game and force VSync through NVIDIA Control Panel. Works much better.

Deuce Deuce

If you have NVIDIA:

Disable VSync in-game and force VSync through NVIDIA Control Panel. Works much better.

Or better yet, force on Adaptive V-Sync. Whenever your FPS drops below 60, V-Sync will automatically turn off until you reach 60 again (effectively fixing large FPS drops).

Edited by Deuce Deuce

JasonStatham

With 2GB gpu you can not set Textures to high. Even if I set everything to minimun my VRAM usage is little more than 2GB with high textures. Do we really need 3-4GB vram to play with high textures?

Not true at all, same GPU R9 270 2GB and i3 3250, 6GB ram, VERY HIGH Textures, ultra grass, shader very high, shadows normal and other settings also very high, even 2xMSAA and prettu much stable 30-50 FPS, sometimes even 60. Very rare stuttering. Just ignore the suggested VRAM limit. Edited by JasonStatham

Flitskikker

If you have NVIDIA:

Or better yet, force on Adaptive V-Sync. Whenever your FPS drops below 60, V-Sync will automatically turn off until you reach 60 again (effectively fixing large FPS drops).

Regular VSync works better for me. Sometimes my FPS drops below 60, causing tearing with Adaptive VSync.

calvooo

Not true at all, same GPU R9 270 2GB and i3 3250, 6GB ram, VERY HIGH Textures, ultra grass, shader very high, shadows normal and other settings also very high, even 2xMSAA and prettu much stable 30-50 FPS, sometimes even 60. Very rare stuttering. Just ignore the suggested VRAM limit.

Really?? Every time i set textures to high it shows more then 2GB vram usage. Is this vram accurate and whats happen if i reach 2GB?

Goldust34

Hi I don't know why but my GTA V lags very bad. I have R9 280, AMD Fx-8350 ,8gB RAM and win 7 64bit. I tried everything I can but it dosen;t work. It uses 3/4 my vram and half of cpu and gpu. Wtf? I don't know what to do. ( I did set my game priority to high, updated drivers, clean computer and much more sh*t..) Pls help me. It lags the same on the normal settings with everything off.

YG.

If you have DXtory installed, you can use it to limit fps.

nemejebat

not a bug. that's how vsnc works. i hear theres a half sync option try that one.

vsync does 2 passes for every frame. so pretty much you need double the ram because for every frame in the game, the video card makes 2 and takes the best part of each to make 1 image. for lack of a better explanation. you need a video card able to get 120frames steady unsynced in order to get a solid 60fps with vsync on. so when you go below 60fps to 59 it can't produce a steady image. the only option now is to go to the next increment which in the ntsc world (NA/60hz) means 30fps. video runs at 29.7fps @60hz you effectively work in doubles when you use vsync. 30/60/120(now you see why 120hz monitors for 60fps video).

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Glossary:Vertical_sync_%28Vsync%29

you'll most likely need to read several articles to get the gist of it. but basically it's trickery for your brain to make you think you're seeing fluid motion.

that's the worst explanation of v-sync i've heard

what v-sync does, is telling the gpu to wait till the monitor is ready to display an image, to eliminate the screen tearing

so even if the gpu renders insane numbers of frames, it'll still only display 60 of them on the monitor, but it doesn't have to render 120 of them to then display only 60, if it's gonna render 66 frames, it's gonna leave out those 6 frames (but you won't notice cuz you're limited anyway by 60hz refresh rate on monitor)

if the gpu can't render 60 frames or more, it'll only show 30, so you still won't get any tearing (will leave 1 image over 2 monitor refreshes, so you still get one whole image on screen)

that's why it's best to leave it on adaptive as some1 already suggested here so it turns off when below 60 fps if you have 60hz monitor

also op

the problem you had isn't same as others have, i get massive stutters even with a 780 and g-sync, no matter what option i choose

Marcin6

Or easy way is to off and then on v-sync in game

Wheatley

Not true at all, same GPU R9 270 2GB and i3 3250, 6GB ram, VERY HIGH Textures, ultra grass, shader very high, shadows normal and other settings also very high, even 2xMSAA and prettu much stable 30-50 FPS, sometimes even 60. Very rare stuttering. Just ignore the suggested VRAM limit.

Really?? Every time i set textures to high it shows more then 2GB vram usage. Is this vram accurate and whats happen if i reach 2GB?

Some are reporting that the VRam counter is not accurate. In my game the High textures use 600-700MB of VRAM - other's are saying it uses a lot more. From the tests I've done I can get 50-60FPS when walking and 30-45FPS - that's with 100MB more VRAM than the counter said I should be using (which is 1104 MB - the game says I should use less than 1024MB for a stable framerate).

To put things into perspective - if you have a good enough machine and a reasonably powered GPU you can use 100-200MB more VRAM than the counter at the top suggests.

Loves GTA

If you have NVIDIA:

Thanks for that! Did this and noticed an improvement, especially when panning the camera around quickly.

ZodaEX

Some are reporting that the VRam counter is not accurate. In my game the High textures use 600-700MB of VRAM - other's are saying it uses a lot more. From the tests I've done I can get 50-60FPS when walking and 30-45FPS - that's with 100MB more VRAM than the counter said I should be using (which is 1104 MB - the game says I should use less than 1024MB for a stable framerate).

To put things into perspective - if you have a good enough machine and a reasonably powered GPU you can use 100-200MB more VRAM than the counter at the top suggests.

Texture quality is far from the only graphic setting that affects V-RAM usage. It's not that people are necessarily lying to you about their v-ram usage, it's just that without knowing every setting used, this information is totally useless. Performance is a big picture and you are zoomed in on one aspect of it.