2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Will Rockstar add more heists?

Lajnux

As the title states, will Rockstar add any more heists to PC? I used to play GTAO on PS3 a while back but decided to wait for heist- and PC-release and now that they're released I feel a bit disappointed. The game itself is working very well (except for the poor "matchmaking") but I was expecting more than 5 heists. We did after all wait for the heists for over a year.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Well, they said making the heists was difficult because they needed to have every player be doing something different. So if you want more heists, be prepared to wait another 2 years. Besides, single player only had 5 heists as well and I think Rockstar used up all the heist possibilities with the 10 heists. I mean, it's a free DLC, how many heists did you expect? There's already more than 5-8 hours of gameplay here, wanting more seems a bit greedy. Yeah sure, we waited a long time but at the end of the day, we didn't have to pay for it.

Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP

It's not a "free DLC", it's content that should have been in the game to begin. And yes, I did expect more than 5 heists. If the heists had been released when it should have been, I could accept the mere 5 heists, but not a year and a half later.

The problem with online heists is that the getaway time is overscripted and this makes the heist too easy.

The perfect heist would be those without scripts when it's time to get away, making the player use their driving skills to lose the pigs. The first heist getaway is ridiculous, a chopper comes from nowhere and hooks you up. How can no one spot a chopper with an armored car flying by the city? The getaway from the last one... I preffer to not comment about this, just overscripted.

What I have against V heists is the heavy amount of script at the getaway time, why can't I take my own route to escape the cops or take another vehicle to escape them? I've had this issue even on SP. I've chosen to do the jewerly heists at the stealthy way. Michael says that if something go wrong, they would have to take action (it was something like this), something went wrong, Franklin misssed all the smoke grenades, what happened now? Did michael robbed the place at the classic way? No. Mission failed, that's an inconsistent bullsh*t.

That was my fear about online heists at the start and they ended being the truth :S

GamesBoy316

Well, they said making the heists was difficult because they needed to have every player be doing something different. So if you want more heists, be prepared to wait another 2 years. Besides, single player only had 5 heists as well and I think Rockstar used up all the heist possibilities with the 10 heists. I mean, it's a free DLC, how many heists did you expect? There's already more than 5-8 hours of gameplay here, wanting more seems a bit greedy. Yeah sure, we waited a long time but at the end of the day, we didn't have to pay for it.

I don't know how you can call the heists DLC. They were supposed to be in GTA Online since launch so technically it's not new content. Other things as well, such as the Hydra, which was in the game during development.

I don't know how you can call the heists DLC. They were supposed to be in GTA Online since launch so technically it's not new content. Other things as well, such as the Hydra, which was in the game during development.

literally every game DLC was cut during development , cant judge rockstar

heists are new content , you couldnt play them at launch

I hope they put their focus on a new story DLC over any potential heists. I know they planned it (it was in their 2014 roadmap - delayed perhaps)

The story has always been better than online for me. I play both now that it's on PC