2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Greedy heist crews...

SnowHeart

I saw a couple threads on greedy heist hosts (dropping crew shares below 15%) but what about greedy heist crews, demanding an equal share when the host has paid start-up costs and hasn't received anything for the setups?

I keep encountering this and I try to be patient and explain things. I figure if you've helped me on the setups and I know you're decent, I'll up your share to 20%. But if you're just a random PUG, I'm leaving you at 15%.

How do you handle it?

• Like 1

how do i handle it? play the finale and go along with it, then when we're almost finished i dashboard.

• Like 4

If you work for me, I give you a thirty percent cut no matter what - if you're good, I'll give you more jobs to work.

I'm not earning cash, I'm earning trust and muscle....exactly what a real leader should be aiming for.

V HoneyBadger V

40/20/20/20 is decent enough I think. If people were useless during the setups then 15% is their destiny.

• Like 3

My crew consists of two poor people and two rich people. 0/0/50/50 :p

• Like 2

TheKingChivas

Very simple...I deserve 20% because I am very unlikely to f*ck up your finale (524, full strength, all weapons, heavy combat armor, full inventory of armor and snacks). If I feel like it, I will accept 15%, but that all depends on the other players in the finale...if they're mostly lower level players, it's 20% or not worth wasting my time...if they're higher level, there's a better shot that it's one-and-done, so maybe I'll take 15% there.

As for hosting, the only funds the host really has any right to recover are the start-up fees. Yes, the host doesn't get paid on the setups, but the host also isn't putting any cash out for them...I call it "the cost of leadership".

40/20/20/20.

Added: with friends, it's always 25/25/25/25 with me.

Edited by TheKingChivas

There is no such thing as a greedy heist crew.

The host can simply back out and invite again. There is nothing stopping you. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I have no need for money whatsoever but that doesn't stop me from taking what I consider to be fair. If I have no connection to you, why would I let you keep my money?

https:///v/eBzzZBxBrmn

It all depends.

40/20/20/20 is my standard for helpful randoms

55/15/15/15 for kinect users/unhelpful players

25/25/25/25 for friends and crew

10/30/30/30 for my broke-ass friends and crew

These are all base line payouts. I've only once had a teammate demand more money. A MUCH more common occurance is a teammate asking for less.

"I have all the moneez, give me 0%". - its a humble brag.. one I am guilty of as well.

Host, join another heist or shut up.. use the search feature. You're not original and not the only hired hand around.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/785396-greedy-heist-hosts/?fromsearch=1

http://gtaforums.com/topic/777959-so-this-guy-just-joined-my-finale-and-start-demanding/?fromsearch=1

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 2

If they offer less than 15% just leave. I also do not host finales for randoms. Save those for friends and give 25%. My friends all do the same. If your friends offer you less than they are suck ass friends.

Just playing heists you will make tons of money. No need to be greedy about it.

If you're too poor to host, join.

If you don't like the cut, don't play.

Sorry for you.

I just hit ready as soon as I'm ready.

The cut thing makes me laugh when I see it play out. But am a bit over threads about it. Which is why I'm posting in one, obviously.

NBAKingzFan10

I saw a couple threads on greedy heist hosts (dropping crew shares below 15%) but what about greedy heist crews, demanding an equal share when the host has paid start-up costs and hasn't received anything for the setups?

I keep encountering this and I try to be patient and explain things. I figure if you've helped me on the setups and I know you're decent, I'll up your share to 20%. But if you're just a random PUG, I'm leaving you at 15%.

How do you handle it?

Depends on how you want it to play out and the conditions surrounding your lobby. For example, if it took you a substantial amount of time just to fill your lobby, is an extra 5% per person really worth waiting all over again? Also, if someone is a high level or has a ridiculously high KDR, there's a high indication they're less likely to fail or do something stupid. You really want to replace them with someone potentially less competent over 5%?

If all you want is a lobby full of semi-competent scrubs that'll get the job done, but not before restarting it 10 times, then 15% is more than an acceptable cut. Don't get butthurt, though, if you have to fill your lobby 5 times over because more competent players are demanding more or leaving, especially when you're desperate enough to need those "random PUGs" to begin with.

For me, I always cut it 40/20/20/20 regardless.

Edited by NBAKingzFan10

WestsideResider

If you work for me, I give you a thirty percent cut no matter what - if you're good, I'll give you more jobs to work.

I'm not earning cash, I'm earning trust and muscle....exactly what a real leader should be aiming for.

Relax, it's a video game lol.

I got an idea to stop all this bullsh*t.

It's called double cross. It's an option only the host gets and you're only recourse is the host now has a 45% cut of the final take placed on their head. The dissed crew members can either pay someone a percentage of their cut in the form of a special Lester bounty on the host that can only be claimed in a public session, or go get it themselves.

Revenge reward for getting your hands dirty

For the record. ..there's no honor among criminals. And it's abundantly clear by the egotistical responses that most of you have never jwalked much less been involved with any actual illegal activities.

Edited by TreFacTor
  • Like 1

Personally, I always have planned when I host to always set it up 25/25/25/25, though I can completely understand people who host wanting a bigger cut to off-set the setup costs.

Granted, I'm just starting out/just about to start out so it might be a while before I'm doing to heists so things might change by then. But still, I think that's just my nature. . . rather make friends than enemies, because I tend to remember both.

ThaBirdCoot

Oh dear, another "That's fair ! NO it isn't !" never ending sort of debate. Btw. don't we have enough threads like this already ?

How to deal with your "issue" ? It's simple, only ever play with people who do understand your concerns. There's no point in moaning when you are playing with randoms, some dudes will obivously never be on the same wave lenght.

GamesBoy316

For the finale hoppers, you're lucky if you're getting more than 15%. If you think 15% isn't enough, then you're greedy. Also, you're not special. If everything goes well it's basically easy money.

Edited by GamesBoy316

For the finale hoppers, you're lucky if you're getting more than 15%. If you think 15% isn't enough, then you're greedy. Also, you're not special. If everything goes well it's basically easy money.

Luck has nothing to do with it... and paying me top dollar is an investment.

• Like 2

oleg_aka_djmeg

if i play with friends, i tell them to set my cut to 0. if i play with randoms, i don't tell them that, i don't play with randoms after all.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

I got an idea to stop all this bullsh*t.

It's called double cross. It's an option only the host gets and you're only recourse is the host now has a 45% cut of the final take placed on their head. The dissed crew members can either pay someone a percentage of their cut in the form of a special Lester bounty on the host that can only be claimed in a public session, or go get it themselves.

Revenge reward for getting your hands dirty

For the record. ..there's no honor among criminals. And it's abundantly clear by the egotistical responses that most of you have never jwalked much less been involved with any actual illegal activities.

Agreed. There's absolutely no such thing as noble-ness in GTAO.

For 15 % I'll play 95% of the way through the heist. The last 5% I'll get killed in a way that is just questionable enough to get you greedy host pricks to restart.

Any questionable action by the host is a sure bet that We aint gonna finish the job. Switch my job at the last second or f*ck with the cut after I ready up. We will fail miserably. If you have pissed me off It'll look like an accident. That way we get to fail repeatedly.

I don't need the money, but this aint no charity. The host doesn't ever deserve more than 40% of a 4 way split.

Edited by NomadRider

I'll accept 15% cut for a heist, but I'll be less tolerable to mistakes and errors. If you constantly fail the heist, I'll leave

Imo, the higher the cut, the more I'm willing to let bygones be bygones

I joined a heist where the host gave me 25% on the condition I do whatever he said. Happily did and we scored well

Also joined a heist where the host tried sneakily knocking to 0%. Needless to say I f*cked his heist right up

It was Pac. Bank and he made me the hacker. Not a smooth move to make an integral players cut sweet FA

The only time I demand more than my fair share is if I join a heist on easy, there's no need to play on easy, ever!

It seems you're confused....as you seem to think that for some reason I'm acting in an abnormal fashion by applying a little bit of creative thought to a video game.

I'm relaxed bro, though I think you might need a chill-pill yourself if you feel compelled to criticize someone over your apparent perception of hostility....you clearly have some sort of pent-up aggression that is leading you to abnormal acts with little justifiable reasoning.

Anyway, back on topic....thirty percent is a good cut, because it ultimately results in greater returns via more experienced members for more intense and difficult heists. It helps that almost everyone else can't really compete for the experience and skill, because they can't get over the notion of turning their cuts into a long-term investment, rather than the short-term and immensely smaller payout of 'right now'.

It all depends.

40/20/20/20 is my standard for helpful randoms

55/15/15/15 for kinect users/unhelpful players

25/25/25/25 for friends and crew

10/30/30/30 for my broke-ass friends and crew

These are all base line payouts. I've only once had a teammate demand more money. A MUCH more common occurance is a teammate asking for less.

"I have all the moneez, give me 0%". - its a humble brag.. one I am guilty of as well.

what is wrong with kinect users?

Check out this guy. He thinks it's real

hornedturtle

I'm a setup hoper that gets dditched so you can give final hopers 15%....you douche

It seems you're confused....as you seem to think that for some reason I'm acting in an abnormal fashion by applying a little bit of creative thought to a video game.

I'm relaxed bro, though I think you might need a chill-pill yourself if you feel compelled to criticize someone over your apparent perception of hostility....you clearly have some sort of pent-up aggression that is leading you to abnormal acts with little justifiable reasoning.

Anyway, back on topic....thirty percent is a good cut, because it ultimately results in greater returns via more experienced members for more intense and difficult heists. It helps that almost everyone else can't really compete for the experience and skill, because they can't get over the notion of turning their cuts into a long-term investment, rather than the short-term and immensely smaller payout of 'right now'.

Uh... U know people can host their own jobs?

Or just, yknow, join one of the millions of other heists/jobs going on?

Weirdness..

These threads are awesome. Hilarious watching people rationalize greed.

Join random finale: "You only get 15% cuz you weren't there for the setups"

Join from first setup and stay to finale: "You only get 15% because you got paid for the setups"

I tell ya, a Crew is worth its weight in extra GTA$.

Check out this guy. He thinks it's real

Check out this guy. He can't contribute to the topic, so he needs to target someone and declare his assumptions.

Uh... U know people can host their own jobs?

Or just, yknow, join one of the millions of other heists/jobs going on?

Weirdness..

They can, yet then they're risking the results of possibly dealing with randoms, and getting exactly the same quality as the folks who demanded more than fifteen percent. They're pulled into the tug of war that is payout versus quality, with no guarantee that they'll even be finishing the heist anyway.

I only offer a route that gives them all of the setup mission payouts and a cut size that is literally twice as big as what most others would offer. It's working pretty well so far. Good crews, twice the payout and none of the responsibilities tied to paying for the heist or dealing with terrible randoms? Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Edited by Mourticae