3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Guys what do you think of this guy.......Errant signal

Big Gta fan

Big Gta fan

Guys i love this guy's videos but when it comes to rockstar gamers he always holds one point and mostly talk about it and forget anything else........

here he is bashing the game because of the "satire" you know (sexual hints-mocking people) the same satire that rockstar always use in every gta(he looked that he hope the satire change the people that the company mocking them weird huh?) ..... he didn't talk about story if you hope so but he mentioned something it isn't well organized or something like that i don't remember.

And here bashing the game because it has changed and took the story too "seriously" and also other stuff.

And here he is bashing Max payne 3 (one of my favourite games of 2012) saying that max payne changed to worse and the game isn't like the old ones

So what do you think guys and i know the videos will take some of your time so sorry about that

it's just this guy is always right i always trust him but when it comes to R* he seems that he don't like it that much.

Bashing GTA for using satire...

He should really never play a Rockstar game again.

• Like 2

Big Gta fan

That's what i'm talking about watch the video he seems to want more then a smile to the face from the satire he want the satire to change people........He wants gta to change people.

Edited by Big Gta fan

first off his comments are disabled so maybe he got a lot of negative reply's and second he sounds like a Dick

quote Tim McGraws

“Everyone should have their own opinion and be able to voice it. No matter what it is. Of course, that does not mean your opinion is always right. But, you're certainly entitled to your opinion."

end quote

• Like 2

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Big Gta fan

first off his comments are disabled so maybe he got a lot of negative reply's and second he sounds like a Dick

quote Tim McGraws

“Everyone should have their own opinion and be able to voice it. No matter what it is. Of course, that does not mean your opinion is always right. But, you're certainly entitled to your opinion."

end quote

The comments are enabled in reddit pal check the description

Edited by Big Gta fan

On youtube there not and he'd be torn apart there if they where on

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Big Gta fan

Bashing GTA for using satire...

He should really never play a Rockstar game again.

He don't like that kind of satire.

Big Gta fan

On youtube there not and he'd be torn apart there if they where on

No the comments are enabled in max payne and gta iv and no one torn him apart...........but i agree that hes own fans that will agree in anything he will say specially on pupoler games.

"This guy" wouldn`t by any chance be you, would he?

Sounds about right

Big Gta fan

"This guy" wouldn`t by any chance be you, would he?

why would you say this .......of course it isn't me .....i live in egypt pal.

Better question is honestly, who cares? A random guy on youtube doesn't like the satire in these games thats his perogative, why come here and ask us about it? He's entitled to think what he wants.

Big Gta fan

i'm just big fan of his that's it .......stop with conspiracy theory.

Better question is honestly, who cares? A random guy on youtube doesn't like the satire in these games thats his perogative, why come here and ask us about it? He's entitled to think what he wants.

Because like said most of the time he is right.i always agree on him .but not on rockstar games

Big Gta fan

I can't ignore thet there is a group of people hated it max payne 3 and gta 4 despite the success Gta 4 maybe has a great story but the only thing keeping it alive is the mods yes the mods i can't deny that ...........it's really weird people appreciating the game only because of the story ......not the fun aspect......no like SA you know.

the other way around on max payne 3.

Big Gta fan

worst thread ever.

Yeah you're probably right.

WorldWideFM

He makes a decent point. GTA has long been admired by the press for being a bastion of satire, but really, the satire in the game is extremely weak. The game is funny, but there are more jokes that miss than those that hit. Too many jokes in the game particularly on the radio/TV/web are "HAHAHA THIS IS A JOKE CAN YOU SEE THIS JOKE ISN'T IT FUNNY? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. LOOK HOW FUNNY THIS THING IS". They literally spell out the joke for you, it's needlessly dumb and obvious.

It's the only criticism of the game that I personally agree with to some degree of sincerity. I'm not a hater like the vocal GTAF minority, I love every other aspect of the game but I think the satire needs to be more tightly managed. Luckily though, it doesn't have much bearing on the game so it's not something I actually care about, but it's a point which needs to be made. The satire in the pre-HD games was generally a bit better, it wasn't always quite as obvious and it felt like it worked better. The problem now is that maybe 40% of the satirical jabs are fun but then the other 60% are seriously laboured to the point where you want to say "Alright mate, I f*cking get it. Can't you mkae this same joke but make it so that the delivery isn't trying to poke my eye out. It's a funny joke and I'm clever enough to get it, you can tone it down a bit". I think the humour in the cutscenes which comes from fun, almost Tarantino-esque, dialogue hits so much more consistently though, I never really had much of a problem in the humour derived from the interactions between characters.

I would like to say though that humour and particularly satire is one of the most subjective things that exists. I'm sure about as many people will be nodding their heads to this post thinking "yep" as there are thinking "This guy's a moron" - and that's actually okay, humour means different things to different people. I just think the execution could be better in HD-era GTAs

chilleverest

Numbers of Million dollar lawsuits on these matter didn't stop Rockstar from delivering what it has been giving us since its evolution, and most of the people forget that.

Unnecessary thread, unnecessary video topics. GTA evolved from its racist satire, misogyny and all out warfare and every true gta fan knows that. People buy gta because they dont want to see things always in a politically correct frame.

I see no point in continuing this thread so inb4 lock.

I do however think gta v's story is muddled and tangled all over the place which most definitely is weaker among other titles.

Edited by chilleverest

Big Gta fan

He makes a decent point. GTA has long been admired by the press for being a bastion of satire, but really, the satire in the game is extremely weak. The game is funny, but there are more jokes that miss than those that hit. Too many jokes in the game particularly on the radio/TV/web are "HAHAHA THIS IS A JOKE CAN YOU SEE THIS JOKE ISN'T IT FUNNY? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. LOOK HOW FUNNY THIS THING IS". They literally spell out the joke for you, it's needlessly dumb and obvious.

It's the only criticism of the game that I personally agree with to some degree of sincerity. I'm not a hater like the vocal GTAF minority, I love every other aspect of the game but I think the satire needs to be more tightly managed. Luckily though, it doesn't have much bearing on the game so it's not something I actually care about, but it's a point which needs to be made. The satire in the pre-HD games was generally a bit better, it wasn't always quite as obvious and it felt like it worked better. The problem now is that maybe 40% of the satirical jabs are fun but then the other 60% are seriously laboured to the point where you want to say "Alright mate, I f*cking get it. Can't you mkae this same joke but make it so that the delivery isn't trying to poke my eye out. It's a funny joke and I'm clever enough to get it, you can tone it down a bit". I think the humour in the cutscenes which comes from fun, almost Tarantino-esque, dialogue hits so much more consistently though, I never really had much of a problem in the humour derived from the interactions between characters.

I would like to say though that humour and particularly satire is one of the most subjective things that exists. I'm sure about as many people will be nodding their heads to this post thinking "yep" as there are thinking "This guy's a moron" - and that's actually okay, humour means different things to different people. I just think the execution could be better in HD-era GTAs

The same satire was in gta iv and every gta you know.............. but i agree on some points of what you said.

Edited by Big Gta fan

The Dedito Gae

i don't give a sh*t about what this guy has to say, f*ck his feelings.

in other words:

"i appreciate the input, but please f*ck off"

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 3

Intergalactic Pimp

He's right about Max Payne 3. That game f*cking sucked. The first two were stellar, though.

Big Gta fan

i don't give a sh*t about what this guy has to said, f*ck his feelings.

in other words:

"i appreciate the input, but please f*ck off"

Hahahahahahah

He's right about Max Payne 3. That game f*cking sucked. The first two were stellar, though.

Oh come on the game was pretty good.................Can i ask why?

Intergalactic Pimp

^ I don't have a specific reason for you as it was some time ago that I played it, but I do remember being disappointed and not finishing the game. I guess it was just boring to me, where as 1 and 2 had me on the edge of my seat. Especially 1. It was like nothing I had played before at, at the time.

I guess I shouldnt say it sucked, it just didn't click with me.

"painkillers ease the pain"

max payne 1 is epic except the sh*tty edge along the ledge platformy parts

Big Gta fan

^ I don't have a specific reason for you as it was some time ago that I played it, but I do remember being disappointed and not finishing the game. I guess it was just boring to me, where as 1 and 2 had me on the edge of my seat. Especially 1. It was like nothing I had played before at, at the time.

I guess I shouldnt say it sucked, it just didn't click with me.

Not because you find it boring that's mean it suck it still have a great story..............i mean look at gta 4 70% of people didn't finished but still considered the best story of 2008 and best gta story by a lot of people.

Edited by Big Gta fan

Intergalactic Pimp

What do mean by finish? Just the story or 100% completion? GTA IV I definitely finished the whole story, but didnt get 100% completion on the game. As for Max Payne 3, I probably didn't even play through half of the story.

I'm not saying it was bad, it just wasn't good to 'me'.

But this conversation does have me wanting to give it another go. Ha ha

Big Gta fan

What do mean by finish? Just the story or 100% completion? GTA IV I definitely finished the whole story, but didnt get 100% completion on the game. As for Max Payne 3, I probably didn't even play through half of the story.

I'm not saying it was bad, it just wasn't good to 'me'.

But this conversation does have me wanting to give it another go. Ha ha

Just The story of course...........