2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Console version: Looking pretty great right now.

Fuzzknuckles

Fuzzknuckles

This is a risky thread. I know that. I know it won't last long.

But at this point, having watched many PC gamers melt down as the PC version is suffering major issues, graphics glitches, crashes, saves lost...

I'm really thankful for the console version right now. We had our fair share of issues back in the old gen release and the new gen release, but we pretty much always had a solid, stable version. No DRM issues, very minor graphical issues that didn't make the world look like an 8bit nightmare, no crashes.

We should take this moment to be grateful for the condition the game arrived in. Content aside, we can all be glad that we're playing on console, as the PC version is really messing people up right now. Even with the delays we suffered, we did alright, overall.

I didn't start this thread to lambast the glorious PC master race, just to highlight that our versions are good and that we should be glad that, even if we're not 100% sold on the content of the game, the story, the mini games, the characters - at least it's working, right?

PC guys - I'm really sorry to hear so many of you are having a horrible time with V. It's a shame, as I know some of you have waited so patiently for so long. I hope you all get it working well soon and can enjoy the game. Good luck!

Signatures are dumb anyway.

Fuzzknuckles

Havent had any problems with pc not mad

Great! I'm aware of a lot of people that are having persistent issues, and it's really sad to see after all the waiting.

Honestly I've been playing the PC version since release and I absolutely love it. The only issues I've had was a few CTD's here and there, but nothing major. Seems like the only people having issues are those who haven't updated their drivers or have just crappy PC's. But what do I know.

Specs for good measure:

GTX 660 2GB

8GB DDR3

Phenom II X6 1605T

game is installed on a 2TB external

I eat my hat, after the latest supposed patch I've been crashing to desktop constantly after around 20-30 minutes of gameplay for no reason. Games unplayable now. GG no re.

Edited by Kogey
  • Like 2

oCrapaCreeper

I've barely seen any complaints about the PC version, for the most part it's seen as the definitive version of the game and one of the most solid PC games recently. Game runs at 60 FPS max settings, no crashes or stutter. I've had less problems at PC laying than I did console launch.

Most of the compaints are coming from people who can't get their hardware figured out and the game itself has no problems.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 3

Not getting any crashes, visual bugs nor strange lags. Just some connection errors on online.

Everything is good for me.

• Like 2

Geralt of Rivia

Running 1080/60 solid on basically all settings on Very High with 0 problems.

I'm happy. Game looks f*cking amazing.

• Like 1

Spaghetti Cat

Compared to the IV rollout for the PC this version seems pretty smooth.

I would agree with OP that the new-gem consoles run pretty smooth. Probably b/c we were beta testing it on the PS3/XB360, esp the online version.

• Like 1

No Image Available

The Dedito Gae

PC crowd doesn't deserve anyone's pity, they can create movies, customized radios and in a couple of months they gonna be enjoying thousands of mods that will stretch the life of the game more than thousands of R* lame DLCs.

• Like 4

SmokesWithCigs

the game is beautiful in 1080i on ps4 even on ps3 its impressive especially when played on a largescreen lg smart tv. i have both the ps3 and ps4 version and there is a big difference. when it comes to pc its like a pc owner told me on another sight when i had interest in buying the pc version. the pc version isn't that much different from ps4 besides a few textures. i don't know how frame rates or fps work but i'm fine with 30 fps. matter of fact i don't know how any of these technical terms work like anti aliasing etc. i've been a console player for 32 years all i know is bytes, sprites ,polygons ,scaling and rotation etc. last thing i remember i was playing 128 bit systems like ps2 and game cube/wii then i jumped to ps3 so i guess thats 256 bits? *shrugs* or 1080p or what ever. are you guys programmers or developers? or you're just well hearsed in computers. i mean you have to be some kind of tech expert to know all this stuff.

I saw it running on my sons PC last night. It looked awesome (mind you, he does have a pretty top end set-up). He hasn't had any probs. He is deaf so his eyes are tuned up. He pointed out the obvious diffs from the PS3 version. I have it on PS3. Is it out on PS4? I asked him whether his graphics are better than PS4 and he just laughed and said "of course". Anyway, he didn't have any probs (I don't think he's been to bed yet lol).

• Like 2

Fuzzknuckles

I've barely seen any complaints about the PC version

PC section has been busy with problems today, people have also been posting on the V board and getting moved to PC.

It definitely looks like the majority of issues are with drivers not being updated, but the lag, stuttering and crashes I've seen reported here and elsewhere look quite widespread.

It's kind of tragic after all those delays.

Glad to see so many of you are having better luck and enjoying the game, that's great news. Hopefully we'll all be happily playing our respective versions soon and the platform spats can be forgotten!

Geralt of Rivia

There is a little bit of lag on Online, but it's very minimal and I'm just surprised it works at all lol.

• Like 1

I have the PC version and it just works fine after updating my drivers. I never experienced any major issues that others are having.

• Like 1

This is my complaint. When playing in singleplayer keyboard inputs are sometimes delayed. My input method is set to Raw Input, because the other two possible options are even worse.

The problem is when I am driving a car it sometimes responds immidiately when i press another key but sometimes takes up to ten seconds to change the command. (e.g. it keeps driving forward although i already press the s button) this happens very randomly.

I have no idea what could be wrong. I have already played GTA IV on this PC and it worked perfectly. And Far Cry 4, Far cry 3, A ton of other driving games and no problems with this except in gta v.

Main reason on why i switched from PCs to Consoles is i got enough of this bullsh*t, i don't care if i can get better graphics, 10 FPS more, i just want to put the goddamn disc and play, i don't want to look for cracks, i don't want to look stupid error codes all over the internet, i'm done.

Seven years ago i spent all my savings on (what i thought it was) a gaming machine. 4 Gb ram, Phenom X4, ATI Radeon 4870. I couldn't even get the stupid NfS MW to run smoothly on high, and the game was three years old. f*ck it, i'm done.

I'm pretty sure you all virgins are going to tell me that nVidia is better, or i should've bought Intel, please, save it, i don't care what your virgin wisdom is telling you right now. I'm a happy console player, get home, put the disc on, play.

• Like 2

I agree with you OP.

CG console version of V is so incredible that you can hardly believe the console even supports all that sh*t.

Not 2 months ago i was angry as hell because the frame rate drops during LS were so annoying that i wanted to crash my PS and disc. But after the latest update patch (graphic patches) i notice alot better and stable frame rate and now i`m really happy with this game.

I don`t need no PC version because i enjoy it on my PS4. Awesome graphics, crazy details and fixed frame rate.

What more could i ask for? I know it`s not a perfect game but it`s still the best game out of any games available for CG console. IMO

• Like 2

I agree with you OP.

CG console version of V is so incredible that you can hardly believe the console even supports all that sh*t.

Not 2 months ago i was angry as hell because the frame rate drops during LS were so annoying that i wanted to crash my PS and disc. But after the latest update patch (graphic patches) i notice alot better and stable frame rate and now i`m really happy with this game.

I don`t need no PC version because i enjoy it on my PS4. Awesome graphics, crazy details and fixed frame rate.

What more could i ask for? I know it`s not a perfect game but it`s still the best game out of any games available for CG console. IMO

Once they fixed the FPS drop and the input lag, i'm a happy man. Now PC has the problem.

I had the PS4 version a week before release. Played roughly 80 hours of the unpatched vanilla version in that time. Encountered only like 5 bugs, one of which required a load. I think that's pretty f*cking insane in a game of this size.

Now, this definitely is not a console vs. PC thing I'm going for. It's just a regular game polish / bug fix thing.

Getting a game that works "out the box" is nowadays sadly a rare thing.

Edited by stobe187
  • Like 1

Pump Action Pimp

PS4 version is fantastic. It's put my GTA V PC plans on hold for the time being. I'm confident I can run the game well, the modding scene is in it's infancy stages, and how much better can the game look? Do people have a hard time going back to the PS4 version after playing the PC?

Whilst I agree with some of the OP's points, the launch on last gen was a bit messy as well, Online was almost a failure for the first 2 weeks and it was only recently that 80% of the PS4 stuttering issues were patched. Before than we had parallax occlusion inexplicably removed, trees that remained static and we still have issues with heists (not being able to lose wanted levels, etc etc). Remember when Rockstar specifically warned us at last gen launch that the game will be buggy? They weren't lying.

I don't deny however, that the core experience/game play has been pretty solid - as it is on PC.

The PC version has been out for LESS THAN A WEEK. Of course it's going to be buggy, and of course Rockstar will patch it. A month or so from now, most issues will be a memory.

• Like 1

lastmanonearth

Getting a game that works "out the box" is nowadays sadly a rare thing.

Yeah thanks to the minimum wage laws, now we`re the beta testers! Us the consumers!

Fuzzknuckles

Whilst I agree with some of the OP's points, the launch on last gen was a bit messy as well, Online was almost a failure for the first 2 weeks and it was only recently that 80% of the PS4 stuttering issues were patched. Before than we had parallax occlusion inexplicably removed, trees that remained static and we still have issues with heists (not being able to lose wanted levels, etc etc). Remember when Rockstar specifically warned us at last gen launch that the game will be buggy? They weren't lying.

I don't deny however, that the core experience/game play has been pretty solid - as it is on PC.

The PC version has been out for LESS THAN A WEEK. Of course it's going to be buggy, and of course Rockstar will patch it. A month or so from now, most issues will be a memory.

I meant SP specifically, as we're in the V boards, Online is its own thing - and while the initial few days were bad, it was dealt with quickly. The game wasn't the real issue over the first couple of months, the hackers were - that's not down to R* particularly, that's down to greedy little asssatchels that don't know how to play games properly.

The point I'm making is that after the horrible delays upon delays, there were still issues - we got really lucky on PS360 to have as smooth a launch as we did, it seems. It's just made me more grateful, I guess.

And I love the fact that this thread is already very balanced and shows people from all platforms are having good experiences of V.

You cannot have an issue-free launch on PC. It's the nature of the platform, massive hardware (+ software) diversity and whatnot. The launch was still pretty smooth compared to many recent AAA releases.

Fuzzknuckles

Compatibility is always an issue and I'm certain a large reason for the delays. And the very set and familiar architecture of the PS3 and 360 probably made it very easy to ensure a much smoother release on consoles. The CG consoles appear to have had the smoothest release, again I'm sure down to the set hardware and the extra power, combined with very straightforward architecture.

I've had GTA 5 on PS3 & 4. There's definitely been some issues such as the server problems when GTA Online first came out & again with Heists. SP has had a few issues too with occasional side missions not showing up (the last Dom mission) but that fixed itself on my PS4 after the Heists patch luckily so I'm now at 100% on both consoles.

I'll probably buy the PC version as my pretty new custom PC needs a game to sink it's teeth into. I haven't installed anything more intensive that Crysis Warhead on it yet. But I'm hoping to see joystick support, Track IR support, mods & a price drop before I buy GTA V again.

TheOneLibertonian

Despite the many times that I have disagreed with you, GTA V is truly a beautiful and colorful game. It's one of the best looking games for the next-gen consoles, and the current-gen ones as well.

• Like 1