2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Question for people who've bought the physical copy...

Le Dude

Mine arrived recently, aaaand... one of the discs is damaged. Figures.

With GTA V requiring an online connection to play discs are mostly just a vanity anyway, so I was wondering, can I download the game from the Rockstar Warehouse multiple times if I chose to redeem it there? Or is it just a one-time thing / useless?

Edited by Le Dude

RedIndianRobin

With GTA V requiring an online connection to play discs are mostly just a vanity anyway, so I was wondering, can I download the game from the Rockstar Warehouse multiple times if I chose to redeem it there? Or is it just a one-time thing / useless?

It's not one time. However it's timed for a certain period before your download expires.

You can use your disc KEY to download and install the whole game here, if you have a disc error.

You do not need any disc in drive to play the game.

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/activate

I know. What I mean is does it work like a normal digital distributor? Can I download it whenever I want or is it just a one-time thing in case of emergency?

It's not one time. However it's timed for a certain period before your download expires.

And how long is that? Because I re-format my hard drive every two months or so.

RedIndianRobin

About 30 days I think. What you should do in this case is download the files and make a backup copy of it and store it someplace safe.

Download expires?
So if I bought the game as an digital version and formatting my PC in a year from now etc., I have to buy the game again?
Then I am happy that I bought it boxed. :-)

Edited by DirtDevil

About 30 days I think. What you should do in this case is download the files and make a backup copy of it and store it someplace safe.

Yeah just let me get out my 65 GB blank :p

Download expires?

Does it?

Edited by Le Dude

RedIndianRobin

Download expires?

Does it?

Download expires?

So if I bought the game as an digital version and formatting my PC in a year from now etc., I have to buy the game again?

Yeah it does. So like I said, you have to make a backup. And good thing for you, that you got the physical version. :)

Edited by RedIndianRobin

Download expires?

Does it?

Download expires?

Yeah it does. So like I said, you have to make a backup. And good thing for you, that you got the physical version. :)

I'm confused. When you said the download expires, you mean that after a certain amount of time I won't be able to download it at all, ever? Or after that certain amount of time (and only after) I'll be able to download it again?

RedIndianRobin

I'm confused. When you said the download expires, you mean that after a certain amount of time I won't be able to download it at all, ever? Or after that certain amount of time (and only after) I'll be able to download it again?

You won't be able to download it ever after the expired period. So make a backup.

You won't be able to download it ever after the expired period. So make a backup.

So it's useless then. Well thanks, guess I better demand a refund.

Will I be able to run it and at what settings and fps.

Specs

HP pavilion 209tx

1 TB HDD

Intel 4th gen 4200u i5 processor 1.6ghz turbo boost to 2.3ghz

4 GB ram

2 GB nvidia geforce gt740m graphics card.

They mean that you can only ACTIVATE your code/key/serial into your Social account once.
This has nothing to do with downloading. Which as I read it, can be done forever from you account. Boxed or not.

I don't see anything about that download expires here.

Question: If I buy a new boxed version of GTAV PC with DVD discs, can I use the Rockstar Activation Code in the box on the GTAV PC Social Club Activation page to download the game instead of installing from the discs?
Question: If I activate a new boxed version of GTAV PC using the Rockstar Activation Code in the box, can I also later download a digital copy of the game from the Social Club site using the same Social Club account?
Question: If I buy GTAV PC from a digital retailer and have to get a new computer hard drive, but the original download link expired, can I re-download GTAV PC from Rockstar Games?

Answer: Yes. When you use a Rockstar Activation Code to activate a copy of GTAV PC, your Social Club account becomes entitled to access the game, whether you choose to install and use the DVD version, buy the game from a digital retailer that hosts its own GTAV download, or download from the GTAV PC Social Club Activation page. Also, the Rockstar Activation Code included in a new physical version of GTAV PC can be used to download the game from Social Club (for example, if your Internet and DVD speeds mean downloading would be faster than installing from discs; or, if you accidentally damage one of your discs in the future).
Please note that the Rockstar Activation Codes included in a new boxed version of GTAV PC or provided through Rockstar Warehouse cannot be used to add GTAV to your Steam library.
Please also remember that Rockstar Activation Codes are “one use” codes that are tied to your Social Club account when you activate the game and Social Club accounts cannot be transferred. For details, please refer to the Grand Theft Auto V PC System Specs.

Edited by DirtDevil

They mean that you can only ACTIVATE your code/key/serial into your Social account once.

This has nothing to do with downloading. Which as I read it, can be done forever from you account. Boxed or not.

I don't see anything about that download expires here.

Well so far it's 1v1 on this.

I need to be sure, because after I've activated the game I can no longer get a refund or a replacement...

TheMostKnowledgable

You will still be able to download your games from your social club account after 30 days, just not the warehouse link..

You will still be able to download your games from your social club account after 30 days, just not the warehouse link..

Cool, thanks.

Disc 4 was damaged in my copy, but I cleaned it and it worked on the install. There is still damage tho, but minimal

Disc 4 was damaged in my copy, but I cleaned it and it worked on the install. There is still damage tho, but minimal

What a coincidence, Disc 4 was also the damaged one for me, the one with Michael's whore daughter on it. How did you clean it exactly?

Anyway, I activated the game, trying to download it, I get this:

Untitled.png

Rockstar PC games. Nuff said.

Edited by Le Dude

My disc 6 had a data recycle error, I cleaned it in my shirt and second time around it worked.

Had to install it all over from the beginning again after the error though.

My disc 6 had a data recycle error, I cleaned it in my shirt and second time around it worked.

Had to install it all over from the beginning again after the error though.

Mine didn't. It has a pretty nasty scratch.

Well I managed to get it downloading... with only 23 hours left.

Sigh why didn't I just get the Steam version like every sane person...

Le Dude - Well just restart your PC and the problem will be solved!

Edited by craige

Thanks guys this topic helped a lot. I bought a physical copy but I didn't want to use the discs.

Le Dude - Well just restart your PC and the problem will be solved!

That's not funny mate.

Edited by Le Dude