2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Multiple Approachs to GTAO Heists

Stone9710

I think the heists update is one of the best so far. However I was fairly disappointed that the whole heist is structured for you. I think it would be cool if you could choose how the heist would play out like in the single player. I think there should be a loud or stealth option which the leader chooses before the first setup, and that decision would change the type of setup missions you do. For example, during the Pacfiic Standard Job, if you choose loud, you would need to get heavy weapons and vehicles like a Cargobob. If you chose stealth you would need BZ gas grenades like the ones used in the stealth option for the jewelry store heist in single player.

Let me know what you guys think!

You said it in your post. They are structured, designed to be done a certain way. Maybe that will change but it's not ever been a Rockstar design staple. I think you're asking too much of them.

Approachs (sic) should be es.

I agree w/disappointment in how scripted they are.

Oh well, maybe next time. They're fun for what they are. In a way they encompass gtao entirely: potential unfulfilled but still fun despite limitations.

paperbagdude

I just guess Rockstar were either too lazy or simply didn't have the resources to make heists more advanced and player-determined, just like in Story mode.

Rockstar were supposed to release heists on October 1st 2013, yet they release it on March 10th 2015. I wouldn't doubt that the developers of GTA Online have had a huge pressure on them. Mostly from the desperate angry mob we call 'the community' but also since they've had to keep up with deadlines and stuff.

In my opinion, Rockstar did a great job at launching the heists at last. If we had to wait another 8 months because they had to make everything more advanced, bodies had hit the floor. The crybabies had been at a level of rage and hatred that has never been seen before.

Yet I'm glad they chose to release it only a month ago. If the heists were actually released on the original launch day, I bet my ass it would be pure garbage. Glad they took their time and came up with something satisfying.

JohnXina - Discord Emojispacer.pngJohnXina - Discord Emoji

happygrowls

I just guess Rockstar were either too lazy or simply didn't have the resources to make heists more advanced and player-determined, just like in Story mode.

Rockstar were supposed to release heists on October 1st 2013, yet they release it on March 10th 2015. I wouldn't doubt that the developers of GTA Online have had a huge pressure on them. Mostly from the desperate angry mob we call 'the community' but also since they've had to keep up with deadlines and stuff.

In my opinion, Rockstar did a great job at launching the heists at last. If we had to wait another 8 months because they had to make everything more advanced, bodies had hit the floor. The crybabies had been at a level of rage and hatred that has never been seen before.

Yet I'm glad they chose to release it only a month ago. If the heists were actually released on the original launch day, I bet my ass it would be pure garbage. Glad they took their time and came up with something satisfying.

Heists on Day One would be missions, that'd be it. With slightly better payouts.

As if the Running Rambos would EVER do a mission in stealth

Play Hitman if you want different ways to complete something

A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.

Doubt the crybabies/impotent rage would've been any worse than the months prior to heists release. Actually think a lot of people had given up/gotten bored of waiting.

I'd love a detailed account of what heists were during the planning/scrapping stages..

Red Lynx 23

I guess the idea is your character starts out on heists, and has to be guided a bit more than Michael and Trevor. Plus gets treated like dirt by Lester at first, and especially Paige through the first and last heists. Also Karen, the driver who takes the Casco off your hands, and one of Jeff's flunkies after you deliver the prison bus in the Prison Break setup mission.