Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,895 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Otselot

GTA IV Remastered

A Remaster for Niko,Johnny and Luis  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a IV remaster for PS4/ONE?

• Yes
    • No

Otselot

Grand Theft Auto IV Remastered

This game needs a remaster, not only will it improve lots of thing from the game itself, but we can play it on the new consoles and even PC can get the remaster.

What will it have? well, it can get V's gameplay elements just as Weapons Wheel, Character Switch between Niko,Johnny n Luis, weapon customization, vehicle customization and First Person, Improved traffic/ped density, Fix of all the continuity errors that vanilla IV had, V's graphics will be implemented, Underwater exploring, Planes could come as part as well, Military could be implemented, Driving will get fixed but not as V's but more of the two "balanced", the characters itself remastered and finally GTA Online could be implemented.

Will Rockstar even make money from this? Come on guys a IV remaster? who would't buy such a masterpiece.

How will the character wheel work? Well You will start with Niko, after passing certain missions the game will give you a messege "A New Character Has Been Unlocked" you can switch to him and start his own story and you can return to Niko anytime you want, after Three Leaf Clover again the game will say "A New Character Has Been Unlocked" and again switch to him if you want to start his story. Like i said you can switch to whoever you want anytime. You can beat the story with one character but you wont get 100% completion because you didn't saw the other characters "eyes". (you can not switch during a mission that doesn't involved other protagonists)

This is all i can think of for now, we need a IV remaster.

Edited by GTAKid667

Flachbau

lol

it was released one console generation ago

just stop, please

The7thOne

In my opinion, I'd save the remake/remaster for its 10th anniversary.

Zello

Don't get what the big deal is with wanting to see LC with V's graphics I think it's just me but IV's graphics look better than V's

11rcheg.jpg

I mean just look at that it still looks good after 7 years

2hczuxv.jpg

20fuk9i.jpg

Updating IV's Liberty City with V's graphics would just be a downgrade

The Deadite

i would love to go underwater and see Vlad's corpse, not to mention the switch scenarios and rag doll button.

//XP//

It would be nice if they remastered IV for Next Gen consoles.

Still, If they'd do that, they would make a butchery of a remaster, just like they did with GTA San Andreas Remastered Edition on the XBOX 360.

TrevorSpeed914

Don't get what the big deal is with wanting to see LC with V's graphics I think it's just me but IV's graphics look better than V's

11rcheg.jpg

2hczuxv.jpg

20fuk9i.jpg

Not to be rude, but I think it is just you. V is objectively better just because it's now on next gen consoles. IV was created when RAGE was new and early in the PS3/360 lifespan. However, I think it's perfectly acceptable if you like the graphics of IV more than V, but I think what you like is the atmosphere and feel rather than the graphics being "better."

I prefer the PS2 version of III, but I know that the PC version is objectively better just because it's on a higher level operating system.

...and to contribute to the thread, despite that I dislike IV, I'd love to see that era of Liberty City remastered. Maybe Rockstar can do an HD game for the Wii U using the same Liberty City like Liberty City Stories HD or something.

Pump Action Pimp

The best version of GTA III is on the XBOX.

Algonquin Assassin

Adding things like planes and an explorable ocean would be far out of scope for a "remaster" IMO. If GTA IV were to get one I'd expect freshened up visuals, tighter mechanics and maybe minor game play features like GTA V's snapmatic.

Pump Action Pimp

Adding things like planes and an explorable ocean would be far out of scope for a "remaster" IMO. If GTA IV were to get one I'd expect freshened up visuals, tighter mechanics and maybe minor game play features like GTA V's snapmatic.

Planes wouldn't work. Liberty City is big because of it's alleyways/interior and big buildings. It would feel very small if you flew above it in say a hydra.

lastmanonearth

I voted No but not for the reason that`s there, I don`t want them to waste any more time with the old games. Let`s finish all this hype with V, forget about IV it`s dead and buried, make a new damn Red Dead sequel, maybe another Max Payne and finally a new GTA. None of that old remastered graphics crap. The sooner the start the new cycle the better!

Niko Montana

I wouldn't mind a slight graphics enhancement, but otherwise Rockstar should leave IV as it is. And I don't want them to "fix" the swingset glitch.

Algonquin Assassin

I wouldn't mind a slight graphics enhancement, but otherwise Rockstar should leave IV as it is. And I don't want them to "fix" the swingset glitch.

The swing set glitch is a huge part of GTA IV's identity IMO. I'd be shattered if they fixed it.

Shadowfennekin

Maybe on the 10th anniversary. The weapon wheel, snapmatic(Seriously pissed me off the picture feature was useless) and character switch would improve the game for me.

I'd rather R* finally put all their attention to V's Story DLC now that PC and Heists are both out. But the closest you'll probably get is a Liberty City "remaster" for V/Online as part of a DLC

TheOneLibertonian

I'm expecting a remaster at least on 2018. GTA IV with better visuals and graphics on PS4, XB1, PC, and the original IV on iOS, and Android.

The swing set glitch is a huge part of GTA IV's identity IMO. I'd be shattered if they fixed it.

I had fun using that. One time it flew Niko near Algonquin. It was awesome.

Gummy 

11rcheg.jpg

2hczuxv.jpg

20fuk9i.jpg

CEX10d036_sm_tcm28-534181.jpg

Stoney0503

The game doesn't need a remaster, sure one would be cool, but the game is fine as it is.

If you want better graphics get an ENB mod.

Edited by Stoney0503

Algonquin Assassin

I'm expecting a remaster at least on 2018. GTA IV with better visuals and graphics on PS4, XB1, PC, and the original IV on iOS, and Android.

The best for me is landing perfectly inside of a random bus shelter in Broker haha.

TheOneLibertonian

The best for me is landing perfectly inside of a random bus shelter in Broker haha.

Hahaha. Perfectly inside a bus shelter? WOW. :O

Algonquin Assassin

It was of course a one shot deal, but yeah Niko landed perfectly inside. I couldn't believe it.

thehambone

No. It's simply not necessary. GTA IV does not need a remaster; it's great the way it is.

I don't know what all the hype is about remasters nowadays (for both music and games). Nobody seems to appreciate things for what they are, they just want MORE MORE MORE.

Jeansowaty

Well if some things from V like more cars/weapons would be in IV, more radios or anything, I wouldn't say no...

Voit Turyv

It's the V that would need a remaster, LOL.

Tycek

It already had two and it still sucks. That's a talent.

Queen

I voted yes. But to be clear, I'm not interested in a remaster of the story modes. I simply want to have Liberty City as an available destination from Los Santos International Airport. Hell, why stop there? It would be amazing if GTA Online was connected to all HD era destinations, past, present, and future. I know it's highly unlikely, but I guy can dream, can't he?

Edited by Killer Queen

Zello

11rcheg.jpg

2hczuxv.jpg

20fuk9i.jpg

CEX10d036_sm_tcm28-534181.jpg

Where is Zuckmeslow when you need him?

kcosf.jpg

Emmi

Grand Theft Auto IV remaster with character switch (Niko, Luis, Johnny), weapon wheel, updated visuals everywhere, snapmatic feature, 60fps, 4k (pc only), adding Liberty City to GTA Online (for the sake of it). And don't tweak the engine from original GTA IV, it was already perfect!

That would be the only case in where a remaster of GTA IV would make sense. Anything else is time wasted!

Stoney0503

It would also be cool if you could switch between characters and start certain missions as those characters, e.g starting the Museum piece mission as Luis, just like in GTA V.

PhillBellic

If it didn't destroy the vibe of IV, then I wouldn't mind.

EvilDog77

Rockstar won't do it, but a modder might make a total-conversion mod perhaps splicing all three protagonists into a single campaign and using the same character select method. It would be nice to see the classic GTA IV multiplayer modes return. I miss TMW.