2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Should we report God-mode glitchers?

theGypsy

Ok... so, I don't really mind wall-breach glitchers... or even the GM ones, as long as they aren't fu*kin' with other players. But last night, there were 4 dudes all in the same lobby using GM and sh*tting on other players etc...

What's the current thinking? Does one report 'em? Or do we have the "snitches get stitches" mentality? Just curious...

I really doubt that they "just found it" over on YT because one of 'em had a K/D over 300+ lol...

Anyway... to report or not to report; that is the question. Whatcha' all think?

Oh and I certainly have the evidence if I wanted to be a rat... I had some fun with the footage and made this (this is 360 btw)

Edited by theGypsy

Report? More like prove it.

Eh? U no watch the video? Kinda obvious no? WTF?

Didn't notice that they had weapons out and weren't exactly worried about the cops? lol... I messaged the idiots to tell em I was recording. They were more concerned with getting me outta the lobby than they were about cops or anyone shooting them...

And hum... notice how they 'splode the cars around em and don't die? That they have weapons out and are obviously NOT in PM? lol...

Edited by theGypsy

MeatSafeMurderer

No, leave and report the glitch to R* so they can fix it...that's if they're not busy patching harmless stuff. Either way reporting the player will achieve nothing.

• Like 1

No, leave and report the glitch to R* so they can fix it...that's if they're not busy patching harmless stuff. Either way reporting the player will achieve nothing.

Well, I don't know the particular glitch... so what am I reporting? They can just get off their asses and search YouTube no? Don't take a genius

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=GTA+V+god+mode+glitch+1.25

And, ya figure it's pointless? No idea myself... I guess I was just amazed that the idiots were doing it in a public lobby and could care less if I was recording it, or going to report it. Maybe yer right then lol

• Like 1

Report? More like prove it.

Eh? U no watch the video? Kinda obvious no? WTF?

Didn't notice that they had weapons out and weren't exactly worried about the cops? lol... I messaged the idiots to tell em I was recording. They were more concerned with getting me outta the lobby than they were about cops or anyone shooting them...

And hum... notice how they 'splode the cars around em and don't die? That they have weapons out and are obviously NOT in PM? lol...

No, no, no, sorry I didn't mean towards you. Just saying in general. Many people on last gen caught a god mode glitcher and don't have recording capability.

Edited by Chloroform

Furtive Pygmy

I'd report them... unless they started throwing stacks of cash at me.

• Like 3

Fight fire with fire.

Or just leave to the other million lobbies available without GM users.

MeatSafeMurderer

Well, I don't know the particular glitch... so what am I reporting? They can just get off their asses and search YouTube no? Don't take a genius

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=GTA+V+god+mode+glitch+1.25

And, ya figure it's pointless? No idea myself... I guess I was just amazed that the idiots were doing it in a public lobby and could care less if I was recording it, or going to report it. Maybe yer right then lol

If you see a godmode/wallbreach glitcher find the glitch...which doesn't take all that long, just check se7ensins and YT to find the glitch, then report that. Reporting the glitcher is useless because even if some action is taken, which is extremely unlikely, what is it going to do? When you get banned/cheater pooled you don't get told exactly what it was for. They will learn nothing and nothing will come of it.

Do what you think should be done. There are currently 2 glitches on xb1 and ps4 and one on last gen. I know they have been reported in detail to Rockstar already. It's up to them to patch it.....pretty easy/simple for them to hot fix (they only need to mess up one step) but nothing has been done so take that for what it's worth

Edited by TreFacTor

No, no, no, sorry I didn't mean towards you. Just saying in general. Many people on last gen caught a god mode glitcher and don't have recording capability.

Oh right... srry... lost me there.

Fight fire with fire.

Or just leave to the other million lobbies available without GM users.

Yea... uh... no. I don't see the fun in not being able to die. It's more challenging to try and survive with the threat of dying. I personally think it looks rather boring being in GM. Unless ya get a kick outta showing how cool U R...

If you see a godmode/wallbreach glitcher find the glitch...which doesn't take all that long, just check se7ensins and YT to find the glitch, then report that. Reporting the glitcher is useless because even if some action is taken, which is extremely unlikely, what is it going to do? When you get banned/cheater pooled you don't get told exactly what it was for. They will learn nothing and nothing will come of it.

It does seem/feel a little useless tbh. Unless it happened in short order (ie; over next fwe days) since they were well aware I was filming it lol

Edited by theGypsy

Yeah it's more challenging but the real fun is being in GM against a GM. When a fire truck is called in, they mad and you win.

Beartooth Bek

Please report! I can't stand cheaters...

• Like 3

Oh right... srry... lost me there.

I hate god mode glitchers just as much as the next person but they are very hard to prove without recording them. So in most cases (on last gen) it's very hard to prove they did anything wrong. Hopefully they get what they deserve.

Jun2nolimit

I watch the video from the video it looks like they were doing there own thing amongst themselves between the 3 of them then you came along

They don't really look like they are greifing anyone

they just keep blowing up cars and hitting the cops with that bat

Edited by Jun2nolimit

Im certain if you have definitive proof like you have in those videos then R* /Microsoft will take action against them so its worth reporting and sending them the video.

• Like 2

I watch the video from the video it looks like they were doing there own thing amongst themselves between the 3 of them then you came along

They don't really look like they don't even look like they are greifing anyone

Naw, when we first came across them they were downtown wrecking everyone... When the dude with the monkey mask came running straight at me, I unloaded my MG into him... he casually walked up and beat me down with his baseball bat. I wasn't recording at that point... but I realized what was happening and followed them to the beach to start recording.

As I said in my OP, I wouldn't mind all that much if they were minding their own... but hey, if they weren't looking to wreck randoms, why would they be in a public session? So they can kill peeps and laugh... if they were "doing their own thing" they'd have been in an IO session ;)

CaptainMental

I wonder if it really helps reporting them through the report function in-game...

Ain't no feeling better than actually getting to park a tank on a GM user, then proceed to destroy them til they go passive, GM again, or leave the lobby.

Off Radar + Tank (parking on top of the player) = Win

On topic: I feel the reporting function is so broken to begin with (can be reported for anything, even legit things), that you might as well just switch lobbies. You'll run into another one though, and another, and another... All until the glitch is actually patched. Report if you want, but it probably goes unnoticed.

Edit: I already said this in another thread, but... I was called a modder, voted to kick, and reported for literally changing my clothes with the interaction menu in front of someone, while in the street. Reported for using the games mechanics... See? Broken.

Edited by Fennimoe
  • Like 1

Naw, when we first came across them they were downtown wrecking everyone... When the dude with the monkey mask came running straight at me, I unloaded my MG into him... he casually walked up and beat me down with his baseball bat. I wasn't recording at that point... but I realized what was happening and followed them to the beach to start recording.

As I said in my OP, I wouldn't mind all that much if they were minding their own... but hey, if they weren't looking to wreck randoms, why would they be in a public session? So they can kill peeps and laugh... if they were "doing their own thing" they'd have been in an IO session ;)

Im certain if you have definitive proof like you have in those videos then R* /Microsoft will take action against them so its worth reporting and sending them the video.

Holeeee fuk... we dragged Danny back to GTAF!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... lol

Edited by theGypsy

They were in a public lobby to show off, that's all. A few of my Xbox friends use to do this to "look" cool. Funny thing is they were against god mode glitchers. Typical if you can't beat them attitude.

Also, I love to see a GM user holding another GM user on the ground by baseball batting him constantly. Hilarious because the GM receiving the beating is pissed because he cannot get up.

Holeeee fuk... we dragged Danny back to GTAF!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... lol

I never left ya maple tart! Just not posted much recently

• Like 1

redfirebird87

Nice vid Gypsy. If I feel like it I'll drop a report on them for something, though that's rare. I don't spend time to record them or anything, my time is precious. :breadfish:

I never left ya maple tart! Just not posted much recently

Cheeky git...

Had a feeling this was a thing. Earlier today I was in free mode, this dude starts attacking me in his car. I get out and unload like fifty rounds from my Combat MG right into his face. He just stops right in front of me, gets out of his car at a leisurely pace, and then kills me with an assault rifle. I do think there should be consequences for people who cheat, but I can't be bothered to contact R* about it when I know I will just be ignored anyway.