2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Michael De Santa missions are hard but fun

Craigsters

I most of died and redid both grass roots and father son mission 50 times and was playing each for over a hour or longer, my only advice is remain calm, have your favourite beverages and other vices near by and you'll get through those missions!..

Owe the jet skiing was awesome and fun!..

I hope I didn't spoil anything for anyone

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Shadowfennekin

Father and Son is hard? Upgrade Mike's stamina then.

I admit Grass Roots was hard the very first time I did it when the game came out because I didn't know about the alien's rays. Just practice.

American Viking

I most of died and redid both grass roots and father son mission 50 times and was playing each for over a hour or longer, my only advice is remain calm, have your favourite beverages and other vices near by and you'll get through those missions!..

Well, for Grass Roots, a great strategy is to walk from side to side while shooting the Aliens. This prevents the Aliens from getting a "lock" on Michael, and the rest comes down to player shooting accuracy. For Father and Son, it's important to select the racing bike and NOT the same bike as Jimmy, and then the rest is simply navigation. You do not even need to go on the sidewalk with all the people. You can just stay close and ride on the sand. Keep playing though, it gets easier.

Well, for Grass Roots, a great strategy is to walk from side to side while shooting the Aliens. This prevents the Aliens from getting a "lock" on Michael, and the rest comes down to player shooting accuracy. For Father and Son, it's important to select the racing bike and NOT the same bike as Jimmy, and then the rest is simply navigation. You do not even need to go on the sidewalk with all the people. You can just stay close and ride on the sand. Keep playing though, it gets easier.

I meant the sail boat chase mission,I thought it was called father son, that mission was hard because you had to drive and shoot at the guy fighting with Franklin on the trailer on the sailboat with a burnt out or shoot engine with three transport trucks in the way making you weave in and out to navigate them!..

The father son bike race I won

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Yeah the boat mission is called father/son and the bike ride mission is called daddy's little girl.

Here's a tip for father/son that you might not know

While your chasing the boat you can simply press B for xbox or O for play station and it will go to cinematic camera and the car will drive itself without any input. You can just sit back, relax and watch it like its a highway chase scene in a movie.

But you'll have to control michael to shoot the thug. It's easier to do that bit on next gen because aim and fire are different buttons so you can line up your perfect shot before you fire.

Yeah the boat mission is called father/son and the bike ride mission is called daddy's little girl.

Here's a tip for father/son that you might not know

While your chasing the boat you can simply press B for xbox or O for play station and it will go to cinematic camera and the car will drive itself without any input. You can just sit back, relax and watch it like its a highway chase scene in a movie.

But you'll have to control michael to shoot the thug. It's easier to do that bit on next gen because aim and fire are different buttons so you can line up your perfect shot before you fire.

I have the USB Xbox controller for windows and was using the right joystick and right bumper and I had to use left joystck to stir or control the gun, one of the two and pressing them all would change the stupid camera angle causing Michael to crash each time, I think A button shoots the gun, it's aiming the gun up high over the window shield towards where Franklin and the bad guy are wrestling on the sail boat that is hard!..

Edited by Craigsters

GTA V? Hard?

Haha, you sure youre actually playing GTA V and not some other game?

The words "GTA V" and "hard" don`t have alot in common. Are we playing the same game?

V`s missions are varied, exciting and fun but they aren`t hard, they are way too easy.

• Like 1

American Viking

Initially, I thought GTA V was hard because I was adjusting to just how easy it is to die in-game, but after that it was child's play.

Initially, I thought GTA V was hard because I was adjusting to just how easy it is to die in-game, but after that it was child's play.

Yes the amount of health combined with the damage you get in this game is really pathetic. And even more dumb is that we have to pay $ 2500 for the best armour that "wears off" after only one or two shots.

Not to mention that you can die with full health and armour after a dog`s attack and even after 3 repeated punches by an NPC.

Health is way too low in this game and the damage is too high but otherwise the missions are too easy.

• Like 1

American Viking

Yes the amount of health combined with the damage you get in this game is really pathetic. And even more dumb is that we have to pay $ 2500 for the best armour that "wears off" after only one or two shots.

Not to mention that you can die with full health and armour after a dog`s attack and even after 3 repeated punches by an NPC.

Health is way too low in this game and the damage is too high but otherwise the missions are too easy.

Very true. I don't buy armor...ever. I simply mark the areas on the map where there is a free armor pickup thus saving $2,500 a pop. A good pickup spot is one block directly North of the Suburban store that's by Vespucci Beach. The armor is at a building with a few garages. The animal attacks in GTA V are complete BS. They don't even give you a chance to fight back.

I did not know there were armour things lying around, I thought there were just health packs........

Either way GTA 5 was too easy to even consider body armour. It was definitely the easiest gta.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

I find the game more fun/challenging with a few rules

1. no Mini Map (this is huge) so you can't cheat to see enemy locations and also can't see how much health/armour is left

2. no special ability use

3. if you die, restart game and reload last save (so basically no dying allowed during a mission)

4. free aim

that's how i've beat the game the last few times... and while I can beat the game without dying now lol that's mostly because i'm so familiar with the enemies now

the first or second attempt it was more challenging cuz you don't know who is where or how many, where to hide, where you'll get flanked, etc

shotguns are the worse cuz they can 2-shot you so if you're below 70% health/no armour it's a one shot

1. no Mini Map (this is huge) so you can't cheat to see enemy locations and also can't see how much health/armour is left

3. if you die, restart game and reload last save (so basically no dying allowed during a mission)

4. free aim

that's how i've beat the game the last few times... and while I can beat the game without dying now lol that's mostly because i'm so familiar with the enemies now

the first or second attempt it was more challenging cuz you don't know who is where or how many, where to hide, where you'll get flanked, etc

shotguns are the worse cuz they can 2-shot you so if you're below 70% health/no armour it's a one shot

playing the exact same way on my current playthrough and it's much more challenging, fun and immersive. Tried it for a bit in first person but I'm more of a third person player.

Playing without the Radar really makes you appreciate your surroundings because your eyes aren't glued to the minimap half the time.

And I've found it easier to lose the cops without any minimap because you can concentrate on the road more without having to constantly move your eyes from minimap to the road. It also makes firefights much more intense because you have to strategies more and plan where to take cover and be more cautious because you never know where an enemy can be hiding.

American Viking

I did not know there were armour things lying around, I thought there were just health packs........

Either way GTA 5 was too easy to even consider body armour. It was definitely the easiest gta.

I hear ya. The way I see it, if they're free then might as well get them. There's also a free armor at the Hospital in Sandy Shores. Really convenient for Trevor.

4. free aim

1. The mini map makes it possible to reach destinations, but I understand turning it off for combat.

2. I never used them, and thought they were a stupid GTA addition.

3. Always played this way.

4. Playing with free aim was cool in GTA IV but the A.I. accuracy in V is way too high for me to want to give them even more of an edge.