2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

New Passive Mode feature

Stone9710

I think it would be cool if you could change your passive mode settings so you can still use your guns against npcs but not against other players and other players can't use their weapons against you.

Thoughts?

• Like 29

Turkish Turketarian

Agree. I've wanted this since the beginning. Just because I want to slaughter some annoying NPCs doesn't mean I want to fight with everyone in the lobby who comes at me.

GamesBoy316

I don't understand why Rockstar can't make lobbies where friendly fire is off or not.

Edited by GamesBoy316

I don't understand why R* expect us to upgrade to next gen for the improved passive mode....'cept maybe for money....bunch of *sheep herders :)

*you know who you are lol.

streetx1xracer

Because maybe you could shoot at player vehicles? Or troll in other ways.

Edited by streetx1xracer

Yes, yes and more yes.

I've never understood the reason why passive players can't shoot at police.

One time in passive I was driving down the street in my Serrano and I was driving past this guy that must've had about 4 or 5 stars and out of nowhere I got 4 stars for doing literally nothing other than driving past a genocide in progress, and avoiding it (this guy was f*cking annihilating them, it was like robocop criminal version), half the cops there then began to chase me and because I can't even shoot a pistol at them I got raped by the LSPD and their triple turbocharged cruisers.

It might as well be called tree hugger or pussy mode since you can't even defend yourself from the retards that are GTA 5 police.

It may be called passive mode but the passive part should apply only to real life players and not in game AI. They're stupid enough and they show it clearly on a daily basis so why shouldn't we be able to shoot them, even when we're in passive, it's not like they refrain from shouting stuff like "You look like a tranny" when you're in passive.

Maybe they could make it so that as long as a player is in a vehicle passive players can't shoot at that vehicle or damage it in any way possible.

Edited by BigJoe_1
  • Like 2

This is something I would always use. Because I would love to be able to fight off the cops without being annoyed by other players.

streetx1xracer

Maybe they could make it so that as long as a player is in the vehicle they can't shoot at it or damage it in any way possible.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

This is something I would always use. Because I would love to be able to fight off the cops without being annoyed by other players.

You can already do that.

I don't understand why Rockstar can't make lobbies where friendly fire is off or not.

This is the correct answer.

Maybe they could make it so that as long as a player is in a vehicle passive players can't shoot at that vehicle or damage it in any way possible.

No I got what you were saying, at least I think I did.

You were implying that this feature would allow you to troll by blowing up player vehicles while being practically invincible, weren't you?

What I said was that R* could add something extra to make it so that 'passive trolls' wouldn't become a problem.

Edit: BTW I changed my first post a bit because the wording might have been a bit off.

Edited by BigJoe_1

Because Solo, Invite only, friend only, closed crew.Slay away.

If Rockstar intended those modes to be the only ones where you are safe from assholes, they wouldn't have bothered to implement passive mode in the first place.

Sometimes one chooses to be in a public session for a valid reason that doesn't involve fighting other players. For example, some vehicle spawns are known to be more common in public sessions. If I'm looking for one of those cars, and that's all I car about, why shouldn't I be in passive mode to protect myself from assholes?

But what if I find the car and it happens to be in a gang territory. I take it, but now 15 gangbangers are gunning for me. I could probably get away by driving, but what if I'm the kind of guy who would rather fight?

Look, just because someone else doesn't play the way you like or approve of, doesn't mean it's wrong. If the rules aren't being broken, then really you have nothing to complain about.

Passive mode is here to stay, including in public sessions. Get over it. Meanwhile, those who are in passive mode for whatever reason--whether you approve of it or not--should be able to defend themselves from those who CAN hurt them even in passive mode: NPCs and cops.

Edited by JRebbert512

streetx1xracer

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.No I got what you were saying, at least I think I did.

You were implying that this feature would allow you to troll by blowing up player vehicles while being practically invincible, weren't you?

What I said was that R* could add something extra to make it so that 'passive trolls' wouldn't become a problem.

Edit: BTW I changed my first post a bit because the wording might have been a bit off.

oh ok, the wording made me interpret it as something else. So like bullets/explosives that don't affect other players or their vehicles.

"Ghost ammunition"

Turkish Turketarian

I've had the annoying wanted level due to other players too. I went into the clothing store and enable passive mode so I wouldn't get blasted in the back. As I'm browsing, I here explosions and sirens. When I back out of the clothing I notice I have a three star wanted level. Really? I had to walk to the back of the store while noose piled in and hurry up and call Lester. Lame.

Shadowfennekin

Yes. That's how Passive always should have been. Turn it on and there's no way another Player can kill you. You can kill cops and NPCs but bullets/explosions won't affect other players.

No I got what you were saying, at least I think I did.

oh ok, the wording made me interpret it as something else. So like bullets/explosives that don't affect other players or their vehicles.

"Ghost ammunition"

Pretty much. Either that or it would work the same way shooting your teammates in missions does, you can't, if it worked this way then you would be able to aim at them but not shoot at them.

CrysisAverted

I would prefer passive mode teleporting you to prison as you drop the soap

Could still be trolled. Blow up an npc vehicle next to someone. Fire a rocket at the ground or behind someone one. In theory it's a good idea but in practice it's not.

Because Solo, Invite only, friend only, closed crew.

Slay away.

STFU, Don Retardo.

Edited by *Lola

Not A Nice Person

I don't understand why R* expect us to upgrade to next gen for the improved passive mode....'cept maybe for money....bunch of *sheep herders :)

*you know who you are lol.

Sh*t last gen peasants players say. :p
  • Like 2

TeammateHelper

I just stay in my apartment.

Waste of lobby space? Sure. What are you gonna do about it? Shoot me?

Could still be trolled. Blow up an npc vehicle next to someone. Fire a rocket at the ground or behind someone one. In theory it's a good idea but in practice it's not.

The game knows who caused those explosions, so it can in theory know those explosions should not hurt other players.

BoJack Cognac

I don't understand why R* expect us to upgrade to next gen for the improved passive mode....

The new Passive Mode is the MAIN reason I don't want GTA5 for next-gen.

I've been playing with a rock-solid strategy that utilizes Passive Mode on old-gen for 16 months now, and the new Passive Mode means I'd have to change how I play entirely.

No, thanks. I'm stubborn and don't feel like adapting.

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

RDR's lobby system. Friendly (passive but can still kill npcs), Normal (auto aim and PVP), Hardcore (Free aim and PVP)

Friendly fire off lobbies would be dumb though because sometimes I do want to kill my friends or others, I just don't always want to be harassed while trying to do a gang attack or similar things. Having separate lobbies means added hassle of switching lobby types based on mood. With this type of passive mode it doesn't make a damn difference, which makes it vastly superior. Because then anyone can be in whatever lobby they want and not be massively hindered because 90% of a certain lobby wants to treat it like glorified deathmatch.

Edited by BlueSocks

Misanthrope Z

they should get rid of passive mode

see: my signature

Agree. I've wanted this since the beginning. Just because I want to slaughter some annoying NPCs doesn't mean I want to fight with everyone in the lobby who comes at me.

invite only.

• Like 3