3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

FIX to Lower CPU USAGE!

Aikor

Huskerboy42

I need a new cpu... My G3258 is at 100% usage for the entire time I'm playing, every once in a while it will drop to 97 though

• Like 2

I just tried it and it DOES work, performance did increase quite a bit. But, it just crashed for the first time ever. It did go for a good hour and a half though.

Needs to be added to bug list. Launcher does cause extra lag.

RedIndianRobin

That launcher is integrated with Denuvo DRM. This sh*t is there with all EA games. DAI, FIFA 15, etc. All these games uses Denuvo DRM which runs periodic verification that causes high CPU usage which in turn, destroys the experience of smooth gaming. Rockstar secretly implemented Denuvo into that launcher. I can bet my ass on it.

• Like 1

if you want another solution, just go to task manager/details/right click gta 5/set priority to high(for a bit stable performance) and realtime(for best but unstable performance)

oCrapaCreeper

That launcher is integrated with Denuvo DRM. This sh*t is there with all EA games. DAI, FIFA 15, etc. All these games uses Denuvo DRM which runs periodic verification that causes high CPU usage which in turn, destroys the experience of smooth gaming. Rockstar secretly implemented Denuvo into that launcher. I can bet my ass on it.

There's no Denuvo. You don't need Denuvo to cause the game to crash if X process is not present in memory.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 1

RedIndianRobin

There's no Denuvo. You don't need Denuvo to cause the game to crash if X process is not present in memory.

Maybe it isn't Denuvo, but it's definitely something similar to that.

oCrapaCreeper

No, nothing similar, it's not complicated at all. The game runs a check to see if the launcher is running periodically, if it isn't, the game crashes. People have already cracked it to have the game run fine without the launcher.

• Like 3

RedIndianRobin

No, nothing similar, it's not complicated at all. The game runs a check to see if the launcher is running periodically, if it isn't, the game crashes. People have already cracked it to have the game run fine without the launcher.

Too bad. Legit users got screwed whereas some thieving assholes are playing the game without any problems. :(

Too bad. Legit users got screwed whereas some thieving assholes are playing the game without any problems. :(

Stop talking out of your ass, your acting as if this affects most players.

The game doesn't use Denuvo, the CPU usage of the launcher will only impact if you have a horrible CPU (Redditor in linked thread has a i3 4150)

Edited by IcePwrd

RedIndianRobin

Of course it does. Just because it doesn't affects you, doesn't makes the same for everyone else. If it's not affecting you, fine.

Of course it does. Just because it doesn't affects you, doesn't makes the same for everyone else. If it's not affecting you, fine.

But it doesn't, just because the minority who are having problems are being loud, doesn't mean EVERYONE is having the same problem.

RedIndianRobin

But it doesn't, just because the minority who are having problems are being loud, doesn't mean EVERYONE is having the same problem.

I never said it's affecting EVERYONE.

Edited by RedIndianRobin

Sleepy Dude

i lowered the ped spawning and that kind of worked. Still, it's using 80%+ of my i5 4690k. and I have no idea why.

Streifenkarl

Not isn't, because if it was, there wouldn't be already a cracked version of the game.

RedIndianRobin

Not isn't, because if it was, there wouldn't be already a cracked version of the game.

No, my point is, some sort of anti tampering solution is definitely being used in GTA V. That explains the stutter, lag and high cpu usage of the gta v launcher.

I used to play 2x30mins with this ...I've tryed to set launcher priority to Low and gtav to High and looks like it helps with CPU

Actually that is not a bad idea.

If it is required that launcher stay open, restricting it to a single core could possibly reduce the performance hit. That is in addition to the priority settings.

• Like 1

Ok i found out the bottom comments...it crashes but how about this....

Setting the game priority to high??does it really increase performance?

Actually that is not a bad idea.

If it is required that launcher stay open, restricting it to a single core could possibly reduce the performance hit. That is in addition to the priority settings.

Oh yea..good idea.can anyone test this out??and tell me if it works?

It's definitely not a minority. Lots of people are having problems - both people with low end and high end rigs. This is just a one problem but many people can't even launch the game because of errors or social club errors.

Edited by YG.

No worries. I mean, it is a bitch dealing with this stuff, but eventually we will get everything ironed out.

First few days.....we all knew there would be kinks that needed to be worked out. ;)

Spider-Vice

This doesn't apply to Steam users, by the way. At least not for me, because on Steam the launcher just disappears for me and isn't even on the task manager.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

That's what I get for being a legit buyer.

That NEVER happened in my pirate days.