2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The game runs absolutely 100% perfect

GTATAG

I keep seeing these posts where people have all sorts of issues from gameplay to technical ones. For me personally this PC release is unreal almost. It runs on my pc absolutely perfectly, the online is what GTA ONLINE should have been all those years (60fps, mouse+keyboard). Everything looks and feels so smooth I kinda wish I haven't bought the PS3 version so I could fully enjoy the storyline and everything else on this far superior version.

Rockstar really took their time with the PC version and optimized the crap out of it, on the default settings I rarely get below 60 fps, maybe 50 from time to time and I don't have the most powerful system in the world, I have a decent one.

My rig is:

i5 3550k

gtx 770 2gb

8gb ram

240 ssd

I wanted to take the opportunity and make this thread to thank Rockstar for such a flawless launch. Any of you share the same feeling?

Im_ER_daddy

Agree! game is running great on max settings for me, getting around 60-80 fps.

Like what I've said in some other threads would love for them to add a patch to add more to the population density. Even though its maxed out I want more walking and driving around.

No, i don't share the same f*cking feeling. GTA Online is broken and im getting stuttering in game, no matter the framerate or the settings. This release is far from being flawless, and if it is ( if everything is actually working for you) for you then consider yourself lucky

A_Cheesy_Vag

I keep seeing these posts where people have all sorts of issues from gameplay to technical ones. For me personally this PC release is unreal almost. It runs on my pc absolutely perfectly, the online is what GTA ONLINE should have been all those years (60fps, mouse+keyboard). Everything looks and feels so smooth I kinda wish I haven't bought the PS3 version so I could fully enjoy the storyline and everything else on this far superior version.

Rockstar really took their time with the PC version and optimized the crap out of it, on the default settings I rarely get below 60 fps, maybe 50 from time to time and I don't have the most powerful system in the world, I have a decent one.

My rig is:

i5 3550k

gtx 770 2gb

8gb ram

240 ssd

I wanted to take the opportunity and make this thread to thank Rockstar for such a flawless launch. Any of you share the same feeling?

my version is perfect so therefore perfect port

No, i don't share the same f*cking feeling. GTA Online is broken and im getting stuttering in game, no matter the framerate or the settings. This release is far from being flawless, and if it is ( if everything is actually working for you) for you then consider yourself lucky

From what I've seen so far on the forum since the release I really do consider myself lucky... I have over 20 hours so far in-game and loving every minute of it!

100% agreed, even on my Radeon 6770 1GB the game runs perfect at 1600x900 Fullscreen, almost everything in Normal but few settings in High,

not droping below 40.

Loving it

I was just glad that GTA V didn't have the performance and memory and graphics issue that GTA IV had, I remember the bad in game lag and building's only showing window frames and door ways when I had GTA IV on a Dell PC a few years ago I no longer have, I remember having to buy more ram and a new graphics card for that old Dell PC in order to play GTA IV and it still had lag issues after updating that Dell PC

The PC release date delays where well justified and they learnt there lesson from GTA IV

The games runs smoothly and the driving, you lay off the triggers on the xbox controller for windows and your fine

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

I agree! NO problems at all, i really didnt expect this after the mess with IV.

Still struggling to get constant 60 fps while still have the game look atleast as good as last gen...

Fubarbrickdust

My rig is:

i5 3550k

gtx 770 2gb

8gb ram

240 ssd

I 100% agree! - The work that R* has put into this version is awesome. Literally. And I'm really chuffed with the experience that I and my Steam buddies are all having right now. We're having a great time in an awesome game that's really fun to play, really well made and very, very well optimized. It's really nice to have a game that's met and exceeded my (and my friends) expectations.

Nice one Rockstar devs!

Spider-Vice

I do agree indeed. On a mix of Normal and High I get 30 FPS steady, in fact, 30-45 FPS steady everywhere in the map. GTA Online stutters quite a bit though sometimes, but it cured itself after a restart.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Just be glad you can run it. Seeing as all I now have is mobile internet for the next long two months, my physical copy that they packed before going gold is literally a giant f*cking expensive paper weight. Thx rockstar for shipping a game 2 years after it's initial release in a state that wasn't even gold. So f*cking pissed off at this.

It's 100o% of the time more convienent to pirate sh*t like this now a days with the DRM bullsh*t and massive download sizes filled with usless audio in languages I don't f*cking speak. They literally are pushing customers away with this kind of sh*t, and I'm done with it. Returned my copy to gamestop on my way to the airport, and won't be buying it again. And thats f*cked up. When the best version of your games are on torrent sites your f*cking doing it wrong!

Sucks I waited two years to be shafted by DRM. GO f*ck youself rockstar.

Edited by Ribstaylor

The only issue I have is that the beards look awful on Franklin, he looks like he has a beehive of bees on his face, the hair is ok, but in my game he'll be clean shaved all the time!..

I'll play with the texture settings and see if that helps, but others have told me this is a crispery version of console port and that the facial hair on the xbox/ PS4 where just as bad

I posted this screen shoot at my steam account hub community there and it's public

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425352440

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Just be glad you can run it. Seeing as all I now have is mobile internet for the next long two months, my physical copy that they packed before going gold is literally a giant f*cking expensive f*cking paper weight. Thx rockstar for shipping a game 2 years after it's initial release in a state that wasn't even gold. So f*cking pissed off at this.

It's 100o% of the time more convienent to pirate sh*t like this now a days with the DRM bullsh*t and massive download sizes filled with usless audio in languages I don't f*cking speak. They literally are pushing customers away with this kind of sh*t, and I'm done with it. Returned my copy to gamestop on my way to the airport, and won't be buying it again.

Boo f*cking hoo. Don't blame Rockstar for your sh*tty Internet. You had plenty of advance warning about Internet connection requirements and online activation and you bought the game anyway.

It isn't 100% perfect, but much better than what I was expecting thanks to how bad GTA IV was (and still is) on the PC. In fact, most people are getting better fps/performance and graphics with the same rig they used to play GTA IV on.

I3 2130 3.4 GHZ

6 RAM

GT 44O

Runs in 720p in stable 30 fps.

surprising for me

Edited by Avenged Sevenfold

My rig is:

i5 3550k

gtx 770 2gb

8gb ram

240 ssd

my version is perfect so therefore perfect port

Not a port, it was developed paralel consoles.

Edited by Jenia

Spider-Vice

Just be glad you can run it. Seeing as all I now have is mobile internet for the next long two months, my physical copy that they packed before going gold is literally a giant f*cking expensive paper weight. Thx rockstar for shipping a game 2 years after it's initial release in a state that wasn't even gold. So f*cking pissed off at this.

It's 100o% of the time more convienent to pirate sh*t like this now a days with the DRM bullsh*t and massive download sizes filled with usless audio in languages I don't f*cking speak. They literally are pushing customers away with this kind of sh*t, and I'm done with it. Returned my copy to gamestop on my way to the airport, and won't be buying it again. And thats f*cked up. When the best version of your games are on torrent sites your f*cking doing it wrong!

Especially when the audio is only 16 GB and it's actually the rest of the game files that are 30+, yeah, sure. Especially when all the audio is ENGLISH ONLY.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Just be glad you can run it. Seeing as all I now have is mobile internet for the next long two months, my physical copy that they packed before going gold is literally a giant f*cking expensive f*cking paper weight. Thx rockstar for shipping a game 2 years after it's initial release in a state that wasn't even gold. So f*cking pissed off at this.

It's 100o% of the time more convienent to pirate sh*t like this now a days with the DRM bullsh*t and massive download sizes filled with usless audio in languages I don't f*cking speak. They literally are pushing customers away with this kind of sh*t, and I'm done with it. Returned my copy to gamestop on my way to the airport, and won't be buying it again.

Boo f*cking hoo. Don't blame Rockstar for your sh*tty Internet. You had plenty of advance warning about Internet connection requirements and online activation and you bought the game anyway.

Online activation isn't the same as ONline only DRM, not once was there ever an article or offical statment saying the physical copy is two whole game versions behind what is being sent out in the downlolads. Not once, not even the employees who sold me the game who knew I was buyhing this for lack of net knew this, so not boo f*cking hoo. They failed to advertise the fact their game on disk wasn't complete and by a large portion. And f*cked everyone who purchased their physical copy world wide who doesn't live near good internet hubs so, I'm not alone on this, search the forums, not everyone can be so f*cking privalaged all the f*cking time. So get that gold ceptor out your ass millions of people are in the same boat as me world wide.

Especially when the audio is only 16 GB and it's actually the rest of the game files that are 30+, yeah, sure. Especially when all the audio is ENGLISH ONLY.

That was a generalization of the market as a whole. As repacks with just english and russian or just spanish for that matter are commonly found with far far less data then shipped in most tittles.

GTA IV PC was a clunker with a bad transmission and no brakes. This is at least a newer model Honda with no issues (depending on your hardware). Its not a Porsche, but I am for damn sure able to enjoy the game in very good quality in every respect and not have to worry about tech issues.

• Like 1

I was just looking to see if someone had already made this topic. The game is running great for me! A few minor things with online servers being unavailable (won't save) here and there, but that's pretty rare. Got everything maxed at 1080p and v-sync on (so capped FPS, but looks better than v-sync off). I'm even using the new AMD CHS thing for shadows at their highest setting and its cool to drive around and see realtime shadows in my headlights. I could not turn on any more features and it runs super smooth and looks amazing.

Thanks R*!

100% agreed, even on my Radeon 6770 1GB the game runs perfect at 1600x900 Fullscreen, almost everything in Normal but few settings in High,

not droping below 40.

Loving it

Thanks for the info on 6770. I'm now fairly confident that my 6770 will run it on High at 1366x768 at 30 FPS.

The game was working better on day 1. I get super long load times even with an ssd, and an getting 50 fps when I was getting 60fps before. The game crashes more often now, and texture and shadow poppin is horrendous even at max view distance and streaming whilst flying.

How is you not having internet to download the game Rockstar's fault? How does it have anything to do with DRM? How f*cking dense are you?

OT: Game performance is unreal for me, I was expecting some frame drop at ultra, but nothing, its all rock solid. I've had a bit of lag online but nothing that you wouldn't expect, far smoother then the console releases.

Edited by IcePwrd

NikoB_in_the_house

Just the sheer amount of time I save not waiting at loading screens between jobs in GTA:O not to mention matchmaking times are way better than PS4. I guess not having to route through Rockstar and Sony servers really helps.

oblivionskate

I agree. this is probably one of the best optimized games I've played in a long time. Not only is it optimized but there so many options to get this game running great on almost any rig. Love it. Holds 60fps almost constant, some games can get higher fps but its not constant which makes this game play so smoothly

Edited by oblivionskate

Agreed; Im shocked at how well it runs (almost maxed out, no MSAA, 60fps all the time) on my end, no crashes or anything, and online went 100% perfect even on launch day, I love you R*.

Edited by lydianduck