4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Steam Self-Refund Tool?

nightmare-slain

nightmare-slain

Hi,

I read that Steam has a "self-refund tool" for those wishing a refund on the game. I can't seem to find it. I want a refund for this game as it runs very poorly on my PC despite being rather high end.

Thanks

If you've already activated it and played it, you're stuck with it mate. Activation codes are permanently bound to your Social Club account which Steam has no control over.

I don't consider my system all that high end by today's standards but the game is still very much playable for me at high settings at a resolution just under 4k UHD.

I'd wager either there's some software issue beyond the game or your system just isn't "high end."

Edited by Burbalade

What are your specs, have u downloaded the latest drivers for your GPU, i have a mediocre rig and i still run it at steady 40-50 with everything on highest except tessalation and grass in 4k.

nightmare-slain

specs are i5-4590, 8GB, 290 4GB.

updated to latest beta drivers released just before the game launched.

a lot of texture/model loading issues. frame rate drops more than half anywhere near grass. a lot of stuttering with the mouse controls. settings are FXAA on, MXAA off, v-sync, 1080p, 59hz, full screen, texture/shading very high, everything else at high. medium density/variety/scaling. tessellation/ambient occlusion at normal. post fx off.

just now i was getting about unstable 60fps. just small dips. then i went on the highway and the game just sh*t itself basically. dropped to 30fps and couldn't control the car.

I have the same gpu and an i5 2500k but overclocked to 4.2ghz and also 8gb ram, i play in 4k (well actually 3200x1800 since thats the highest resolution amd lets me downsample from) and i get a stable 40-50 with everything up to very high except grass and tessalation on normal and extended shadow and details on half the slider, on 1080p with everything cranked up high and 4xmsaa i get a stable 60 fps so there is definitely something wrong u should get similar or even better performance, i used the have the same sub 30 fps drops before i isntalled the new drivers but thats not it since u already have them, so honestly i have no clue why u are having these issues :/

a lot of texture/model loading issues. frame rate drops more than half anywhere near grass. a lot of stuttering with the mouse controls. settings are FXAA on, MXAA off, v-sync, 1080p, 59hz, full screen, texture/shading very high, everything else at high. medium density/variety/scaling. tessellation/ambient occlusion at normal. post fx off.

just now i was getting about unstable 60fps. just small dips. then i went on the highway and the game just sh*t itself basically. dropped to 30fps and couldn't control the car.

The dips are probablly Vsync, it can't keep it to 60 and it goes to 30. A freesync display solves exactly these situations.

But seriously, it's an open world game, with almost everything on very high or high you should not expect locked 60fps. For example grass is a huge performance hog. So is the advacned draw distance.

If everyone expects that, they just downgrade every game so people can be like "woah i can run ultra, so cool man"

Edited by utack

Once the game is released, the refund thing is gone. Regardless if its been played.

If you've never gotten a refund before, they'll usually give a one time refund regardless its been played. It cant be 100% guaranteed (by me) but I've done it and many others have too. You'll have to contact Steam support to get one though.

how???? My r9 270x runs this game on high/very high 1080p 59 fps stable

You can only self refund games that you have preordered and arent released yet afaik.

Played more than 5 hours and still refunded my game fine (if you bought it on steam), picture above.

Edited by hellmouf

The dips are probablly Vsync, it can't keep it to 60 and it goes to 30. A freesync display solves exactly these situations.

But seriously, it's an open world game, with almost everything on very high or high you should not expect locked 60fps. For example grass is a huge performance hog. So is the advacned draw distance.

If everyone expects that, they just downgrade every game so people can be like "woah i can run ultra, so cool man"

This. Before you request a refund (if you still can), try to turn off V-sync. That's probably what's causing your issue. I was experiencing the same the first 10 minutes, where my game would suddenly drop to 30fps when it was 60 a few seconds earlier. Now I rarily go below 45-50, which is still better than 30. (with everything set to high on a 760) :p

Also, although the game seems to run well for a lot of people, there are still people who are experiencing problems. I think you should at least give them the chance to bring out a patch to fix those issues, if they persist. This is definitely one of the better day-one releases nowadays, but not everything can be perfect for everyone.

Edited by Earleys