3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Details about Tommy..

MrAlexVercetti

MrAlexVercetti

We dont know much about Tom, but ive read last nite on IMDb about him and idk how verified r their details about him. however it was pretty much interesting. lol they even stated his bday. june 10 1951. the 1951 is right but what about june 10. how they know? i bet its a random date lol. who knows?! i can link it if yall wana read..tell me what yall think about this..

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0019091/bio

Y'know, his name is Thomas Vercetti. "Tommy" isonly a nickname. Actually, Juan Cortez is the only person (at least to my knowledge) who calls him Thomas, instead of Tommy.

• Like 2

MrAlexVercetti

yeah, ik..lots of ppl on here call him Tommy. and only Kent Paul once said Tom. i like his name in any ways, be it Thomas, Tommy, or Thomy, or just Tomy, or even Tomas,lol. all refers to Thomas. i btw like it more Thomas..thats just saying. regarding the bday i myself think its a random date but anyway. i tried to edit the page to add a pic but it didnt let me. what is a simple pic of Tom they couldnt get one from google or anywhere?

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Y'know, his name is Thomas Vercetti. "Tommy" isonly a nickname. Actually, Juan Cortez is the only person (at least to my knowledge) who calls him Thomas, instead of Tommy.

Yeah he says that in Spanish. pretty detailed naming by R*.

I don't believe in anything what is written at IMDb since the time they announced the return of DJ Tony in GTA 5, which is not true :(.

MrAlexVercetti

well thats ur choice to believe or not, but some facts r right about sonny, and the ambushed deal, and who did it we already know its diaz. and that sonny set Tom up and then helped him not to get a death penalty. just here's a question: whats the point in setting up a man and then help him not to get a death penalty? cuz Tom would surely get a death penalty for killing 11 ppl. but sonny pulls strings for Tom, like he said in the last cutscene. cuz even if not Tom, some1 else would've been set as the game hero. but im glad its Tom!!

I don't believe in anything what is written at IMDb since the time they announced the return of DJ Tony in GTA 5, which is not true :(.

What are you talking about, man? Of course she's in the game!

Xt7nP4d.jpg

:D

MrAlexVercetti

or even in another bio of Tom, they say he had bad relations with his mother. how they know? where from? maby he says in the game "blame my mother, i do" but its no proof that he had a bad relations..i read it in gta wikia..

• 2 months later...

Rockstar Games probably created a deeper backstory for Tommy, so they said he had bad relations with his mother and they also revealed his birth date.

GreenOnions

well thats ur choice to believe or not, but some facts r right about sonny, and the ambushed deal, and who did it we already know its diaz. and that sonny set Tom up and then helped him not to get a death penalty. just here's a question: whats the point in setting up a man and then help him not to get a death penalty? cuz Tom would surely get a death penalty for killing 11 ppl. but sonny pulls strings for Tom, like he said in the last cutscene. cuz even if not Tom, some1 else would've been set as the game hero. but im glad its Tom!!

That's a good question. One thing I'm not sure of regarding the "Harwood Incident" is whether the people Tommy was fighting were actual enemies of the Forellis, (Leones, Sindaccos, any number of others) or if they were actually Sonny's guys posing as Forelli enemies. Either way, it seems like Sonny wanted Tommy dead, and being outnumbered 11 to 1, the odds were pretty good that it would happen. So it could have been Sonny sending his own people to do the job or just letting something slip to one of their enemies how they could ambush one of the Forellis' most dangerous enforcers. Either way, it probably didn't work out the way he planned.

The thing with Sonny is that I think he both feared and resented Tommy. The Forellis were--along with the Leones & Sindaccos--one of the big-time Mafia families in the country, but here he had Tommy Vercetti, a contemporary from a "lesser" family, every bit as talented as he was, if not more so. The way Mafia families are often set up sort of reminds me of nobility and vassal knights from the Middle Ages--a person could be a really distinguished knight, with a lot of money and land and social status, but at the end of the day, they were still expected to pay tribute to their "lord." Fight for them, pay their taxes, and basically exist as their servants. And it does seem like up until Sonny betrayed him at Harwood, Tommy was loyal to him and the Forellis, but it wasn't enough for Sonny. He wanted to break Tommy, and he got what was coming to him.

universetwisters

Tommy was born June 10, 1951 to Italian father and an American mother.

I stopped reading after that.

The amount of bullsh*t right there is about as much as there is on the GTA wikia. It isn't worth anyone's time if they're looking for accurate information.

spaceeinstein

The amount of bullsh*t right there is about as much as there is on the GTA wikia. It isn't worth anyone's time if they're looking for accurate information.

I remember this being on the wiki a few years ago. I specifically had that removed due to lack of proof (Grand Theft Wiki and Wikia). IMDB is even more unreliable than a wiki because they don't fact check and unsubstantiated information don't get challenged. Edited by spaceeinstein

universetwisters

I remember this being on the wiki a few years ago. I specifically had that removed due to lack of proof (Grand Theft Wiki and Wikia). IMDB is even more unreliable than a wiki because they don't fact check and unsubstantiated information don't get challenged.

Wikia doesn't seem to factcheck either from time to time.

It makes you think though, who demands such trivial information.

Edited by universetwisters

Probably no one. There are probably a few who are interested though.