1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
AnimusMalice

GTA:V Stuck in Offline Mode

Question

AnimusMalice

Following the infinite loading screen of doom, I am now getting a new error.

WcoIM0Y.png

So I took the following actions:

(INFORMATION: I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Rockstar Social Club activation, not steam; I installed everything to default locations.)

1) Uninstalled Rockstar Social Club

2) Uninstalled GTA:V

3) Deleted any traces of Rockstar's folders (They were in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games & C:\Users\Myfirstname\Documents\Rockstar Games)

4) Ran CCleaner to rid of any residual files leftover, also did a search on my computer for other Rockstar folders, but was unable to find any besides one in my registry

5) Deleted the entire registry entry for Rockstar Games (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Rockstar Games, but the only registry entry was an installation check, something along the lines of installed_application with a boolean number after it. (0 or 1)

6) Restarted the computer

7a) Ran Social Club v1.1.5.6 Setup.exe to install Social Club manually, then ran GTAV_Setup_Tool.exe to install GTA:V

7b) Ran GTAV_Setup_Tool.exe to install GTA:V along with Rockstar Social Club v1.1.5.6

(There's a 7a & 7b, because I tried 7a first, didn't work; did steps 1-6 again and tried 7b, still didn't work)

8) Cleaned task manager of any resources that I wasn't using - along with any Rockstar-launched resources.

9) Went into my firewall, disabled it, went into advanced firewall settings and added inbound and outbound exclusions for GTAVLauncher.exe, PlayGTAV.exe, and GTA5.exe along with the subprocess.exe that Rockstar Social Club launches upon launching GTA:V

10) Disabled all antivirus, antispyware, antimalware, antiallofthatstuff - and added exclusions in each for the Rockstar Games directory along with their respective .exe's

11) Ran the repair installation to fix any corrupt files

Sidenote: I did notice that every folder that Rockstar creates is set to read-only, and you cannot change it (You CAN change it, but upon closing the folder properties window, it resets. I also tried running the GTA:V Launcher with both folder properties windows open (Program Files location and Documents location) and set them both to read-only (kept the windows open to prevent them from resetting). No luck

Has anyone had any luck getting past this step? I've linked my Rockstar Social Club account, entered my serial key (which was accepted) in Rockstar's Social Club website, downloaded the installation .exe's from the provided links after entering my serial key.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - as I'm getting quite desperate here.

Computer specifications to follow PC Help Posting Requirements guidelines.

Laptop: MSi GT683DXR-423US

CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM

GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 570M

RAM: 12GB DDR3 ~1600MHz

HDD: 256GB Samsung Evo Pro SSD

All drivers are up-to-date, along with all windows updates.

I've also tried reverting back to the previous NVidia Update.

I've also followed all techniques listed on GTA 5 PC: Guide to Installation Issues - Rockstar Provides Solutions; List of Error Codes and Descriptions & Grand Theft Auto V PC Support.

Edited by AnimusMalice

7 answers to this question

Prof_Farnsworth

Bump for same problem

banzkux

Finally found a fix for this!!!!!!!

get to this location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

then backup both hosts files and then delete original ones. (I think you can modify the hosts file to make things work out but i don't know how does that work)

Hope that works for you!!!

EDIT: you can modify it with notepad :)

Edited by banzkux

Spuds725

I don't know if deleting these files is a good idea--- maybe reset back to default----

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/972034

(on that page you will have to click the + signs to expand the various parts of the page)

What's the Hosts file

The Hosts file is a computer file that is used by the operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses. The hosts file is one of several system facilities that assists in addressing network nodes in a computer network. It is a common part of an operating system's IP implementation, and serves the function of translating human-friendly hostnames into numeric protocol addresses, called IP addresses, that identify and locate a host in an IP network.

The Hosts file contains lines of text consisting of an IP address in the first text field followed by one or more host names. Each field is separated by white space (Tabs are often preferred for historical reasons, but spaces are also used). Comment lines may be included, and they are indicated by a hash character (#) in the first position of such lines. Entirely blank lines in the file are ignored.

KidBosnian

It didn't work.

I have not played the game for 3 days now. I am TIRED of it. People are enjoying their game right now, while I sit here every single f*cking day trying to get in.

85walts

I FOUND A FIX!

well for me at least , i dont know if it will work for you guys . But look at all your fire wall settings , find Grand Theft Auto V Launcher , and then set it to "Allow" , then restart your GTAV .

Alot of the times programs like Norton etc. would automatically set some programs to not go through

Nico3344

Hi,

glad I found this Topic.

Had the exact same problems.First day the "update loop" >> fixed by the first day manual patch from mega!

Game worked then.

Today Social Club didn't want to start. Got it to start by deleting the Rockstar folder in /documents. But then it was stuck in offline mode.

I got it fixed with the hosts file reset!!! Don't know why. NO GTA V related entry in it!! But it worked somehow. Give it a try!

Win 7SP1, X5450, GTX750Ti, 8GB.

R3QQ

I FOUND A FIX!

well for me at least , i dont know if it will work for you guys . But look at all your fire wall settings , find Grand Theft Auto V Launcher , and then set it to "Allow" , then restart your GTAV .

Alot of the times programs like Norton etc. would automatically set some programs to not go through

I tried everything. The weird thing is that I haven't changed anything. I've been playing for months without problems, not used the computer for anything else. Then suddenly this happens.

Then I saw this post and thought why not check the firewall. And it worked! Really weird. So later I saw that I had just inactivated the antivirus program, avast, not the firewall. So the problem is the

antivirus in some strange way. Maybe some file has been reported as malware and then blocked.

Anyway, thanks a lot. Now the game crashes after all my changes so have to sort that out too.

Edit:

Solved the final problem by reinstalling gta5.exe and gtaVlauncher.exe. err_gfx_d3d_init gta was the cause of this problem.

The first problem was caused by Avast blocking the mod/tool GTAV_noVid_102FINAL https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/gtav-no-intro-video-xeramon which modifies GTA5.exe in order to

remove the intro from the game. Maybe it has falsely been reported as malware and then blocked.

In Avast, I went into settings, active protection, file system shield and customize, exclusions, add and then paste in the filepath to GTA5.exe.

Edited by R3QQ