2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA V feels "sun soaked", not "sun kissed" - 1st Trail

NumaYay

The final game feels just bright and high in saturation, not really "sun-kissed".

In the first trailer the game looked "hot" and "sun kissed", you almost felt the heat through the pc monitor while watching the footage. It was the whole look that was different and just...yeah, "hot" and "sunny".

Current game looks more "sun soaked" - objects just have high brightness and high saturation, while in the trailer it actually looked "hot", "warm" and "sun kissed", it had a sunny vibe while the final game is just "bright" with some vibrant colors here and there. General atmosphere was different and looked different.

So overall GTA V feels more "sun soaked" and just bright, not "sun kissed" and "hot" like R* made the game look in trailer one.

*1st Trailer Vibe.. was cut off from topic name. Sry.

Edited by NumaYay

Fuzzknuckles

The weather changes throughout the day. There's various kinds of sun-kissed, sun-soaked and sun-completely-removed weather. Try again.

Signatures are dumb anyway.

CarlitoDorito

"1st trailer isn't representative of final product" I think that's what they say. It's something devs have used for a long time and probably won't stop. An extreme example is Aliens: Colonial Marines. I want a crop duster to dust pedestrians, but not decrepit Michael. It's Annoying because a good game in trailer one may become a sh*t game 6 trailers later.

You and others can change this bitch of a thing in early game trailers by forming a group, a bit like anonymous, just less V for Vendetta-y. Hack all devs, make all their secret stuff public, tell them if they keep making trailers before the game is near final product, there will be world war 3. It might work! Then the trailer one comparisons will stop, which is a huge upside.

Edited by CarlitoDorito

chilleverest

"1st trailer isn't representative of final product. It's something devs have used for a long time. So mentioning trailer one is a bit pointless, unless it really bugs you that Michael isn't really old"

So you are basically accepting that games that shows ingame engine, mind you not pre rendered, for eg gta v in our case...you are accepting that its ok for us to voluntary get duped ? or tricked or get caught into the false advertising ?

Im saying this because the last time Aliens CM tried doing something like this got a severe backlash allround compared to what gta did and how it got away with it.

Edited by chilleverest

TheGoodSgtScooter

Turn down your brightness setting.

Fuzzknuckles

"1st trailer isn't representative of final product. It's something devs have used for a long time. So mentioning trailer one is a bit pointless, unless it really bugs you that Michael isn't really old"

So you are basically accepting that games that shows ingame engine, mind you not pre rendered, for eg gta v in our case...you are accepting that its ok for us to voluntary get duped ? or tricked or get caught into the false advertising ?

Im saying this because the last time Aliens CM tried doing something like this got a severe backlash allround compared to what gta did and how it got away with it.

No he didn't say that at all.

By the way - 'us to voluntary get duped'. There was nothing voluntary, there never is when someone dupes you. That's kind of the point. And we didn't get duped. The game just looked slightly different to how it did in the trailer.

As TheGoodSgtScooter suggests, you can combat the brightness by adjusting the settings in the game or on your TV/Monitor.

Or would you like someone to do that for you, because you just don't have time to adjust a monitor?

Signatures are dumb anyway.

CarlitoDorito

No I'm not accepting it, It's just how things are. If it's a huge problem try to change it.

How long have people moaned about this? Has it changed anything yet? It's nowhere near as bad as aliens! its one of them things people use on the Internet to prove a point. "My opinion is real and true because of trailer one" a bit like that :p

Edited by CarlitoDorito

chilleverest

No I'm not accepting it, It's just how things are. If it's a huge problem try to change it.

How long have people moaned about this? Has it changed anything yet?

Dude if you know how things are, you know its not acceptable and can't change it then why stop others from doing it ? Remember the recent example of the downgraded patch, a vid from this forum? yes it was nitpicking or in your words ''moaning'' and for right reasons and it got noticed. Imagine 1000 other FUZZKNUCLES tried to bury the video because it was just ''slight'' changes. If people want to moan then let them moan ?

Edited by chilleverest

i completely agree. The game had a different atmosphere in the trailer than in the final game.

The lighting in this screenshot has more "layers"

trailer1_003.jpg

trailer1_019.jpg

gtav-23.png

The reason for this is the bloom. It was most likely toned down or removed from the final game, this gave the effect of a hotter sun.

Gta 4 had the bloom effect. But gta v has the regular sun with lens flare added.

AzelfandQuilava

It's still a step up from GTA IV's awful lighting...

• Like 1

lastmanonearth

GTA V has many problems but the lighting is the smallest one I can think of. Sorry, it`s the smallest one OF WHICH I CAN THINK. LOL

Slightly overexposed, perhaps, perhaps not. It looks much more like the real life atmosphere than in any of the previous games and it might even be a very rare step in the right direction for the series. This is the kind of stuff we wouldn`t even discuss if the game was good enough to keep us busy instead of complaining about this and that and the other thing.

i completely agree. The game had a different atmosphere in the trailer than in the final game.

trailer1_003.jpg

trailer1_019.jpg

gtav-23.png

The reason for this is the bloom. It was most likely toned down or removed from the final game, this gave the effect of a hotter sun.

Gta 4 had the bloom effect. But gta v has the regular sun with lens flare added.

MAN!!! Looking at that makes me feel sad, GTA V beta will never come true, not even PC

• Like 1

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

soaked kiss wtf it's a wasteland it should be SUN f*ckED

f*ck you Rockstar i want my money back

MAN!!! Looking at that makes me feel sad, GTA V beta will never come true, not even PC

its a shame. Beta gta v looked amazing.

trailer1_047.jpg

trailer1_002.jpg

trailer1_007.jpg

• Like 1

its a shame. Beta gta v looked amazing.

trailer1_047.jpg

trailer1_002.jpg

trailer1_007.jpg

Yep, Lets hope GTA VI makes it come true.

Edward Nashton

Pointless thread. Current gen and PC can achieve this effect and beyond, people complaining probably own the old version of the game.

Pointless thread. Current gen and PC can achieve this effect and beyond, people complaining probably own the old version of the game.

PS4/ONE PC are not even close to the First Trailer AKA GTA V Beta..

^Cool story, bro. :^:

Yeah the truth hurts, even the NPC's are as textured as the protagonists in 1st Trailer, cars had realistic metal paints instead of the shining sh*t we got now, the map had a more realistic environment and of curse the sun, the latest version is a joke compared to THAT.

Edward Nashton

Yeah the truth hurts, even the NPC's are as textured as the protagonists in 1st Trailer, cars had realistic metal paints instead of the shining sh*t we got now, the map had a more realistic environment and of curse the sun, the latest version is a joke compared to THAT.

Lol. the only thing hurting here is your butt. here,Butthurt+_6b116ba143ba6bebdc68709306050a

take this.

TheGoodSgtScooter

Seriously, turn the brightness down. it makes it look sooooo much better.

Lol. the only thing hurting here is your butt. here,Butthurt+_6b116ba143ba6bebdc68709306050a

take this.

53643952.jpg

The truth is The Truth, you should keep that for yourself.

thafablifee46

Seriously, turn the brightness down. it makes it look sooooo much better.

This. I agree with the OP though but this makes a difference.

oCrapaCreeper

Those pics sorta remind me of downtown LS on the PC version:

Those pics sorta remind me of downtown LS on the PC version:

Kinda close but nope, 1st trailer really looked like a movie instead of a game, i hope PC can replicate the Beta version if not then GTA VI.