3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

New Fighter Jet Ideas

Freelancer7_7

Freelancer7_7

I personally think that R* should add the A-10 Warthog into the next update if there is one. If you think there should be other Fighters as well just post the ideas here.

Sir Michael

The Hydra and the Lazer already have cannons as strong as an A-10, so adding one would be pretty redundant.

• Like 2

I think they should add the A-12 spy plane and make is so that its like difficult for your minimap to detect for realism. (For example, your Minimap will show the plane if its very close to you, but if its over 1 mile away the plane icon disappears)

They already have 1 normal jet, 1 VTOL Jet, why not a spy plane as the icing on the cake?

Freelancer7_7

Yeah that is true and I think they should add in a spy plane that could take you off the radar, but would not have any weapons like IRL.

Ezekeil2Ofive17

The U2 spy plane requires a driver to chase the plane as it lands relay instructions to the pilot, this could be a fun setup mission mechanic

there may be footage of this on youtube, if memory serves I saw it when james may went into the the upper atmosphere, what was once considered space

I would also like to see more jets, similar to the way bikes are, minor differences but basically the same

Spitfires, F22 raptors, A10's, MiG29's would all be pretty cool

Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17

Misanthrope Z

i'd love jets from the sukhoi line up

SU-35, SU-47 and SU-50 would all be pretty awesome

we've got a VTOL jet, i think it'd be cool if we also had jets that can pull maneuvers that don't boil down to flying in circles until the other pilot f*cks off or crashes.

• Like 3

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

I'll probably be in the minority here, but I'm going to say we have enough military/attack vehicles. GTA is pushing Saints Row levels of ridiculousness.

• Like 6

Misanthrope Z

I'll probably be in the minority here, but I'm going to say we have enough military/attack vehicles. GTA is pushing Saints Row levels of ridiculousness.

i agree that over-saturation of military sh*t is bad for GTA

i just hate that jet vs jet gameplay is pretty much a joke.

inb4 all the asshurt about jets being too strong and griefers should burn in hell derpa derpa.

Anyway, I think we need an armed Titan. (C-130) Because right now, there's no point in buying on.

• Like 1

Xion Hunter

I wouldn't mind an F22, not at all.

But really, I want some new cars, better clothes, and more sh*t to do in freeroam before they add MORE MILITARY.

That, and an apache. I want the friggin Hunter back -.-

• Like 1

Freelancer7_7

The Hydra and the Lazer already have cannons as strong as an A-10, so adding one would be pretty redundant.

Your right about that but just having another jet would make the game even more fun.

I wouldn't mind an F22, not at all.

But really, I want some new cars, better clothes, and more sh*t to do in freeroam before they add MORE MILITARY.

That, and an apache. I want the friggin Hunter back -.-

Yeah that would be cool but they need to make it's design better than that of the Savage.

inb4 all the asshurt about jets being too strong and griefers should burn in hell derpa derpa.

Anyway, I think we need an armed Titan. (C-130) Because right now, there's no point in buying on.

Anyway, I think we need an armed Titan. (C-130) Because right now, there's no point in buying on. [/quo

The Lone Wanderer

if the laser and hydra guns are this powerful then how many city blocks does a round from an a10 destroy?

btw I would support adding the a10 but it would be redundant unless it had greater cannon range or some other new feature

Freelancer7_7

if the laser and hydra guns are this powerful then how many city blocks does a round from an a10 destroy?

btw I would support adding the a10 but it would be redundant unless it had greater cannon range or some other new feature

Yeah I see what you mean but it would be a nice addition to the fighter jet arsenal of people.

Yeah I see what you mean but it would be a nice addition to the fighter jet arsenal of people.

Freelancer7_7

Everyone I'm sorry about all the spams and other odd things I keep doing. I'm still learning how to use the site.

Misanthrope Z

Everyone I'm sorry about all the spams and other odd things I keep doing. I'm still learning how to use the site.

if you hit "post" and it doesn't look like anything happened, just refresh the page

your post will show up

Misanthrope Z

What do you mean by 1V1 jet fighting is a joke?

also, by that i meant that when two pilots get into a fight, the same thing always happens

the two pilots will just fly in circles, hopelessly shooting missiles at each other until one pilot either f*cks off or crashes. or, you know, by some miracle, a kill actually happens after 10 minutes of doing nothing but loops. this is usually when two pilots are at a similar skill level, but any asshole can still just fly in circles to avoid nearly everything

something like an SU-35 (or SU-37) could switch the game up a bit

not a loop, it actually bled sh*tloads of speed (wind resistance) to do that.

Freelancer7_7

What do you mean by 1V1 jet fighting is a joke?

also, by that i meant that when two pilots get into a fight, the same thing always happens

the two pilots will just fly in circles, hopelessly shooting missiles at each other until one pilot either f*cks off or crashes. or, you know, by some miracle, a kill actually happens after 10 minutes of doing nothing but loops. this is usually when two pilots are at a similar skill level, but any asshole can still just fly in circles to avoid nearly everything

something like an SU-35 (or SU-37) could switch the game up a bit

not a loop, it actually bled sh*tloads of speed (wind resistance) to do that.

Holy crap that would be really cool if could do that if they did add it in.

• Like 1

bkldestroya666

more fighter jets would just f*ck gta:o in the ass but if it needed one it would be a flanker or a pak-fa

• Like 1

TheLunaticParade

Yes! Setzaroth We need the AC-130 With those amazing 105 rounds raining down to Los Santos. (I'de buy it in a heartbeat)

Lemoyne outlaw

ENEMY AC130 ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol all cod jokes aside the only military aircraft i can think of that i want is an osprey. that thing not only looks cool but is very useful. also i would not mind the f117 stealth bomber. that looks cool. also that su-37 is awsome i would love that to come to gta 5.

Silver le Belge

I want the Rustler from GTA SA back. New jets won't bring new créative gameplay ideas, the Hydra is Just a slower Lazer with VTOL.

I'd love to see a new jet fighter but with the Lazer & Hydra then there's probably a few other gaps to fill first.

An armed P-51 Mustang type aircraft like in San Andreas would be good. Maybe make it that due to it's prop being cooler than a jet that it takes twice as long for a homing launcher to lock on.

What would be really cool would be an upgrade to the San Andreas Hunter. Base it off the RAH-66 Comanche instead of the Apache. Due to it being stealth, it'd take 4x times as long for a missile lock. You could also make it stealth on the mini map but that'd probably screw up balance. It'd be faster & move maneuverable than the Savage but slightly less so than the Buzzard. Arm it with a explosive cannon & missiles more powerful than the Buzzard but less extreme than the Savage. I'd probably boost the Savage's armour to make it a flying tank while the new Hunter is the middle ground between it & Buzzard but with stealth features.

I think some kind of tilt rotor helicopter would be great too. Maybe make a civilian version completely unarmed & then a Osprey type one with weapons on board.

Edited by EF2000