Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,710 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

thehambone

[WIP|III] GTA III Save File Editor

Yeah I haven't had a chance to look at those, unfortunately.

I really dream of running on Android your save GTA III and GTA Vice City, created on an IPhone 4S. Just can't wait! :facedesk::panic::whistle::sui:All hope only on You. =) I already can't wait to see on Android that the law of meanness works, at the moment, only on iOS :/Help for a couple of bucks :cool:

J*star

0.2 is a huge improvement compared to 0.1

Drellux

Hi! I just downloaded this a few minutes ago for my android save files, works like a charm! Except that it crashes when I try to change the hostility of a gang (I've only tried it on the mafia, I don't about the rest). I don't know if I'm the only one who gets the crash. But other than that, great job man! :)

thehambone

Hi! I just downloaded this a few minutes ago for my android save files, works like a charm! Except that it crashes when I try to change the hostility of a gang (I've only tried it on the mafia, I don't about the rest). I don't know if I'm the only one who gets the crash. But other than that, great job man! :)

Thanks for letting me know! I'll look into it.

gts.

PS2 saves support will be added soon?

thehambone

Correct.

Inadequate

Correct.

Great. great. great. :D

I hope you will work on a VC version too, or combine it in the same program. I'm not demanding anything, it's only a suggestion.

Sonicguy41

You should add the ablity to be invicible or where your car can't flip over as perks.

thehambone

You should add the ablity to be invicible or where your car can't flip over as perks.

Unfortunately, those things probably aren't possible with save editing alone; you'd probably need other mods installed.

Lethal Vaccine

You can make Claude invincible in normal gameplay. No need for it in an Editor, tbh...

You just go to enter a Vehicle as it is on fire and about to explode...

Edited by MetalMilitia89

dekaspace

I recommend a basic stat changer too if possible i.e mission attempted/passed days passed.

thehambone

I recommend a basic stat changer too if possible i.e mission attempted/passed days passed.

Certainly! That's in the list of planned features. :^:

crashoverride93

You can make Claude invincible in normal gameplay. No need for it in an Editor, tbh...

Wow I never knew this.

By the way does that also work on ps2

Edited by crashoverride93

OGLuigi

Hey thehambone, recently I have had a gamebreaking glitch in where I can not do taxi sub missions and this stops my progress for 100% completion. Others have shown to have the same problem as me: http://gtaforums.com/topic/702025-help-taxi-missions-broken-ps2/ and https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/466217-grand-theft-auto-iii/56427332 Like those who have experienced the problem, I can do Vigilante, Firefighter and Paramedic missions as usual and get the information box in corner telling me to press "BUTTON" to start sub mission.However, when I get into a taxi I do not get the box in the corner telling me this. Do you think you can possibly fix this problem? I can send you my save file if you need it (PC 1.0 version downgraded from Steam Version). Thanks ahead of time.

Seemann

Hey thehambone, recently I have had a gamebreaking glitch in where I can not do taxi sub missions and this stops my progress for 100% completion. Others have shown to have the same problem as me: http://gtaforums.com/topic/702025-help-taxi-missions-broken-ps2/ and https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/466217-grand-theft-auto-iii/56427332 Like those who have experienced the problem, I can do Vigilante, Firefighter and Paramedic missions as usual and get the information box in corner telling me to press "BUTTON" to start sub mission.However, when I get into a taxi I do not get the box in the corner telling me this. Do you think you can possibly fix this problem? I can send you my save file if you need it (PC 1.0 version downgraded from Steam Version). Thanks ahead of time.

Please upload your save file to http://gtasnp.com/and give us a link.

thehambone

Hi, sorry for not seeing your post sooner.

Yes, please do as Seemann said above and upload the save to gtasnp.com and give us the link.

Edited by thehambone

Seemann

Sorry for taking a while but I finally looked into your save file.

Interestingly, the global variable flag_taxi1_mission_launched ($397) is set to 1, which means the game thinks you're still on the taxi mission, thus preventing you to run another instance of it.

I've edited your save file to reset the variable to zero, so now the mission should be runnable

http://gtasnp.com/SKCDrU

Check it please.

How the bug could ever happen?

This variable is set to 1 next to running the taxi mission, and reset to 0 in its cleanup routine - which is always called in both success/failure mission results. So, assuming this code is correct, I could only imagine one possible way of catching the bug: making a save while on a mission (using a CLEO mod for example), then leaving the game. In this case your save would have flag_taxi1_mission_launched set to 1. But saving while on a mission is a dramatically risky thing, as the mission script information will also be stored in the save file, resulting in almost 100% crash upon loading.

If you say you didn't save the game in this way - then the mission handler routine within the executable is possibly bugged.

Nick007J

Sorry for taking a while but I finally looked into your save file.

Interestingly, the global variable flag_taxi1_mission_launched ($397) is set to 1, which means the game thinks you're still on the taxi mission, thus preventing you to run another instance of it.

I've edited your save file to reset the variable to zero, so now the mission should be runnable

http://gtasnp.com/SKCDrU

Check it please.

How the bug could ever happen?

This variable is set to 1 next to running the taxi mission, and reset to 0 in its cleanup routine - which is always called in both success/failure mission results. So, assuming this code is correct, I could only imagine one possible way of catching the bug: making a save while on a mission (using a CLEO mod for example), then leaving the game. In this case your save would have flag_taxi1_mission_launched set to 1. But saving while on a mission is a dramatically risky thing, as the mission script information will also be stored in the save file, resulting in almost 100% crash upon loading.

If you say you didn't save the game in this way - then the mission handler routine within the executable is possibly bugged.

Generally this can happen in an unmodded version, you need to start any mission during said sub-mission. If game doesn't crash, this sub-mission will be disabled. Easiest example is shown in this video.

After the end of procedure, vigilante becomes unavailable. Not sure how something like that may happen by an accident though.

crashoverride93

I never could get this to work.