2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Can i NOT use the money i got with the pre-order?

topeira

hi guys.

i ordered the regular edition - not only the cheapest but the one that doesnt give me any additional money to start with.

however once i got the key i also noticed i got quit a bit of money. it seems the online store sent me a key to one of the special editions that i didnt ask for.

i dont mind money for online but i do not want money for offline.

is there a way to NOT redeem the money for the SP portion?

anyone has a clue?! (not holding my breath for help since the game isnt even out yet)

FriendlyPsychopath

hi guys.

i ordered the regular edition - not only the cheapest but the one that doesnt give me any additional money to start with.

however once i got the key i also noticed i got quit a bit of money. it seems the online store sent me a key to one of the special editions that i didnt ask for.

i dont mind money for online but i do not want money for offline.

is there a way to NOT redeem the money for the SP portion?

anyone has a clue?! (not holding my breath for help since the game isnt even out yet)

unlikely,but what you can do is spend it on random cars on the custom garage (paintings,neon,engine) then just throw the car away and do it again but dont save on your garage,or do activities that use money,then when all money is spent,start playing for good

Edited by FriendlyPsychopath

YOU CAN!

Here's how:

1) Create a character that claims the pre-order money

2) Withdraw all the pre-order money from bank in his pocket

3) Create 2nd character

4) Get a fresh start with no money bonuses and play until you realize what a grind this game is and put all the pre-order money in the bank to later spend on main character.

This should work unless on PC you can create only 1 character. If you can have 2 characters then it will work as the money in the bank is shared with all of your characters but pocket money isn't.

SORRY! This is for Online, didn`t think someone would want to get rid of money in SP. Not really worth going through all the effort to waste it in SP since if you play it right you`ll have 2 billion on each character at the end.

Edited by WalterS_LV

Unfortunately no. Either you don't redeem the code and don't get money at all, or you redeem the code and get money in both modes. I wouldn't worry about it ruining your experience, though, if I were you. $500,000 may be plenty enough for ammunition and modding cars that you find on the street, but it's too little for other things that might matter more to you.

I would like to stress that you can redeem the code at a later time. But keep in mind that 500K will be added every time you start a new playthrough.

LankanComrade

Just think of it as the characters present bank account balance or something, Micheal can use most of it since he is the rich guy here. :)

yeah, it DOES make sense that michael would have this sort of money, while the other not. or just less.

so questions:

is the SP really a grind? does it feel silly or really slow to earn that money by just playing?

do you feel like you got really powerful weapons or cars too early thanks to that money?

in RPG games i dont like getting overpowered or losing the sense of progression of things that matter. this isnt an RPG and i dont think that money would get me overpowered per-se and i dont know if 500k is a lot in this game and what sorta stuff it can get you, so im asking....

Edited by topeira

FriendlyPsychopath

yeah, it DOES make sense that michael would have this sort of money, while the other not. or just less.

so questions:

is the SP really a grind? does it feel silly or really slow to earn that money by just playing?

do you feel like you got really powerful weapons or cars too early thanks to that money?

in RPG games i dont like getting overpowered or losing the sense of progression of things that matter. this isnt an RPG and i dont think that money would get me overpowered per-se and i dont know if 500k is a lot in this game and what sorta stuff it can get you, so im asking....

if you are willing to go further and don't mind some spoilers i would recommend watching a walkthrough,see how much the character is affected with that kind of money,see how much weapons cost and such,that will give you a ideia.

as i never played the game but watched some gameplays i am aware of the Stock Market,but not how it works,you could buy the worst stock possible,this way you lose all your money or make no profit

http://www.ign.com/wikis/gta-5/Stock_Market

The $500k will not make any meaningful difference to your story mode experience.

Mr. Legoman

you can also just invest them in some random stock when the time comes. Put the 500K in something and forget about them. Then you will only have the normal cash you guy got from the start :-)

Del Perro Dog

You will have 20 million for each character by the end of the main story so 500k is pretty measly. Also there's no need to spend money in this game at all, money just gives you options for cars, weapons, and side activities.