2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AlienTwo

Marvel's the Defenders-Daredevil-Luke Cage-Jessica Jones-Iron Fist

Dbzk1999

Dont see why it would, considering its highly likely that it takes place before infinity war in the first place

KY Jello

[Video]

Luke Cage season 2 June 22nd

Dbzk1999

Almost forgot, Bullseye got confirmed for Daredevil Season 3

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Finally finished season 2 of Jessica Jones. Only took me two months. I think those first couple of episodes really dragged and that's what made me shelve it for a while. I hated Trish's subplot with the inhaler and her wanting powers, she just completely went off the rails this season. I really don't like her now if I'm being honest. I'm kind of happy for Jessica for finding someone who accepts who she is.

Mr. Scratch

Let's not forget who capped off her mom.

darthYENIK

Luke Cage season 2 is out.

watched the first episode, and it’s good so far.  Laughed my ass off when Luke head slaps that one guy in the club.

KY Jello
Posted (edited)

Finished it I liked Bushmaster as a villain but I miss Cottonmouth. I thought Bushmaster was going to be a generic villain but after watching it you kinda start rooting for him. S2 kinda started off slow but the last couple of episodes were amazing. Also that cameo in episode 10 was awesome.

Now I really want Daredevil S3 the wait has been too long.

Edited by Zello

Pesos

Bushmaster ended up being a pretty compelling villain and oh so much better than Diamondback (although I'm being honest that bar is damn low lol). Although I feel like Mariah deserves a lot of props too; she grew into things as the season went on and made for a good contrast (even though I miss Cottonmouth).

@Zello I really liked episode 10, was a lot of fun imo.

darthYENIK
Posted (edited)

Definitely liked Luke Cage season 2. They kept to what made the first season good.  The semi-blaxploitation theme, with a PG-13 slant.  The score underlined that with funky rhythms, and the editing has the same sense of humor.  Speaking of sense of humor, they really lightened the show up with subtle gags and one liners, nothing too outrageous, but definitely funny.  The action is more of the same and kind of gets repetitive.  Luke busts into a room, bad guys shoot him despite knowing fully that he’s bulletproof, then he smacks them on the head and bends their guns.  Still fun.  I’m happy they kept Misty and Luke’s relationship platonic.  Both are better for it.  

Bushmaster was great.  Like the best parts of Cottonmouth with the best parts of Diamondback.  A deep villain who you can empathize with, while also being terrifying.   Alfred Woodard chews up the scenery with the best of them.  She’s big and loud, and you love to hate her.

Iron Fist makes an appearance.  Gets a full episode to hang out with Luke.  Hopefully, we see more of this in the future.  They do drop multiple “Heroes for Hire” references.  Danny Rand is great.  He never tells anyone he’s “the immortal Iron Fist”, although Luke does.  He still looks like his punches wouldn’t harm a butterfly, but the team up fighting is fun.

I liked it.  👍

Edited by darthYENIK

Corndawg93

Did anyone else hate the way season 2 ended, I did, it felt out of character

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

New trailer for season 2 of Iron Fist. Looks okay. It's out on September 7.

Still waiting on him to get his iconic costume from the comics. Was hoping they'd debut it in the last episode of season 1 like they did with Daredevil.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

Chyea

Does anyone know if ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. connect with the Netflix Marvel series? I'm planning to watch all Netflix' Marvel series in the order they were released (I've only watched both seasons of Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and The Defenders). 

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Chyea said:

Does anyone know if ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. connect with the Netflix Marvel series? I'm planning to watch all Netflix' Marvel series in the order they were released (I've only watched both seasons of Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and The Defenders). 

Both the Netflix shows and Agents of Shield are technically part of the MCU. The Netflix shows don't really feel like they are and the only real mention of the movies in them is "the incident", which is what New Yorkers use to describe Loki's invasion of New York in the first Avengers movie. Jessica Jones jokingly refers to Hulk as "the big Green guy" in the first season of her show. And I think in the second season of her show her building's new Super has a son with a Captain America action figure.

You should really do yourself a favor and get caught up with both seasons of Daredevil and then watch The Punisher.

Chyea
7 minutes ago, TheFoxRiverFugitive said:

Both the Netflix shows and Agents of Shield are technically part of the MCU. The Netflix shows don't really feel like they are and the only real mention of the movies in them is "the incident", which is what New Yorkers use to describe Loki's invasion of New York in the first Avengers movie. Jessica Jones jokingly refers to Hulk as "the big Green guy" in the first season of her show. And I think in the second season of her show her building's new Super has a son with a Captain America action figure.

You should really do yourself a favor and get caught up with both seasons of Daredevil and then watch The Punisher.

Ah so there's no need to watch it then. (which doesn't mean I won't)

Yeah, I'm gonna start with Daredevil and then Luke Cage, The Punisher will come at near end of my marathon. :D

TheFoxRiverFugitive
Posted (edited)

I personally haven't seen any of Agents of Shield, but I know it airs on ABC, and they also have involvement with the Netflix shows. So it doesn't surprise me that AoS may reference events in the Netflix shows. I can see them being more connected to each other, more than they are to the actual MCU movies. I don't think Kevin Feige, the head of the movies, has any involvement in the shows. Although I do think at one point, Samuel L Jackson guest-starred on AoS as Nick Fury.

It does kinda make me chuckle to think that while Frank Castle is straight-up murdering people in prison, on the other side of the galaxy Baby Groot is dancing to old school pop music.

D418

Finally get to see him wearing the mask. Hopefully he doesn't only wear it in a flashback for one scene.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I finally finished Season 2 of Luke Cage. I think it was a lot better than the first season. Bushmaster was great, and it got really dark at points. Not quite as good as either of Daredevils two seasons, but about on par with the first season of Jessica Jones. The ending was kinda strange though.

KY Jello

Stokes...Mariah Stokes

KY Jello

darthYENIK

Iron Fist, out now.  Not sure what we’ll get, but I’m gonna watch it.

Edited by darthYENIK

KY Jello

5 episodes in I like it so far also...

For a second I thought Mary was Moon Knight. I didn't know she was Typhoid Mary.

Edited by Zello

darthYENIK

She’s not like any Typhoid Mary I’ve read in the comics.  I’m gonna be honest, her personality as “Walker” is much closer to 90s Deadpool.

Watched the whole season.  It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great.  Better than season 1, but still felt like a shallow story.  Still don’t understand Davos’ full motivation to be completely anti-Danny, and want him dead.  I wish there was more conflict on his part in not wanting to kill Danny.  And then to have him go full evil, just feels like a cheap way to show that he’s not in the right to want to take the Iron Fist from Danny, because let’s be honest, he kind of is right.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

First official teaser for Season 3 of Daredevil. Looks really good.

DexMacLeod

I really liked this season. I didn't have nearly as many problems with the first season as a lot of people seemed to but I think the shortened episode count really helped this year. 

Like with Luke Cage I think the writers realize that Danny isn't exactly the most interesting character on the show and so they spent a lot of time with the supporting cast. I liked it for the most part. The focus on Colleen being a badass fighter while Danny was mostly sidelined felt weird at first but made sense in the end.

I like Ward as a character but I don't understand what the actor is doing sometimes. The way he slurs his speech is weird. I'm not sure if it's supposed to reflect permanent side affects of his addiction or his childhood beatings but it's a little off putting sometimes. And I never really liked Joy's "motivation" for going after Danny. They tried to explain it away in a later episode but it never really landed for me.

Corndawg93

I finally seen the season 2 of Iron Fist, holy glowing fist batman, that was so much better than season 1, even the Meachems

Pesos

Definitely better than first season and quite enjoyed it over all. I think the change to a ten episode format was a smart move, because just about every other marvel show has had some glaring pacing issues with the 13 episode format.

The Meachums were a snooze fest in season 1, but Ward was a legitimately good supporting character this time around. No such joy for Joy (pun intended) though; her motivations reeked with hypocrisy and she probably wouldn't have been missed.

Seems like the extra work Finn Jones was putting in started to pay off; the fight scenes got progressively better as the season went on (especially after losing the fist) imo.

Kind of disappointed that after the heroes for hire reference dropping in Luke Cage & their team up, nothing similar happened on this side of things but minor quibble I suppose.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:12 AM, darthYENIK said:

She’s not like any Typhoid Mary I’ve read in the comics.  I’m gonna be honest, her personality as “Walker” is much closer to 90s Deadpool.

Watched the whole season.  It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great.  Better than season 1, but still felt like a shallow story.  Still don’t understand Davos’ full motivation to be completely anti-Danny, and want him dead.  I wish there was more conflict on his part in not wanting to kill Danny.  And then to have him go full evil, just feels like a cheap way to show that he’s not in the right to want to take the Iron Fist from Danny, because let’s be honest, he kind of is right.

I mean, he started out not wanting to kill Danny at all and even tried to recruit him. The change in stance coincided with him going 'dark side' in other pursuits so it worked well enough for me personally.

KY Jello

October 19th, 2018.

darthYENIK

Wow, that’s less than a month.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I honestly wasn't expecting it so soon. I was thinking December because I assume Netflix wanted to give Iron Fist some room to breathe, but this is great. I'm so freaking hyped for this. It looks like it's going to be the darkest season yet, really tearing down Matt Murdock.

I heard this season will be drawing from the Born Again story arc from the comics, wherein Fisk finds out Matt is the Devil and tries to ruin his life. I'm really excited to see how the show adapts it.