Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,238 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AlienTwo

Marvel's the Defenders-Daredevil-Luke Cage-Jessica Jones-Iron Fist

Leftist Bastard

As I understand it NF can still produce and stream all the content they already have access to - so Iron Fist, Luke Cage, JJ, etc are there to stay and they can make new seasons of those but any new content will be on Marvel's streaming service only.

Edited by Leftist Bastard

Mr. Scratch

If the second series is focused on that government conspiracy, you can count me out right now. That subplot was easily the weakest part of the first season, and as The Defenders proved, shadowy organisations do not make good antagonists. At all.

Nah, Frank is probably going to go and kill Disney next season.

Input

How is Punisher? I haven't watched any of these shows comic based shows, minus a few youtube highlights from Arrow.

Is it worth getting into?

Edited by Input

Jimmy

How is Punisher? I haven't watched any of these shows comic based shows, minus a few youtube highlights from Arrow.

Is it worth getting into?

If I were to describe it, I would it somewhere along the Daredevil Season 1 and Jessica Jones. It's a bit slow for the first 6 to 7 episodes before pacing up. It was very likable if you ask me. Really hoping for a sequel. If you've watched Daredevil Season 2 and are interested to dig into Castle's past, it's definitely worth watching. It also sheds light on the condition of the U.S War Veterans.

Mr_Rager

As someone with little interest in the cinematic memeverse, The Punisher series is f*cking litty. I still think Thomas Jane is the best Frank Castle, but goddamn Jon can really portray the inner suffering Punisher feels. I thought Liberman was an awesome Micro, who had great chemistry with Punisher throughout the show.

Is iron Fist as bad as people say it is lmao?

TheFoxRiverFugitive

As someone with little interest in the cinematic memeverse, The Punisher series is f*cking litty. I still think Thomas Jane is the best Frank Castle, but goddamn Jon can really portray the inner suffering Punisher feels. I thought Liberman was an awesome Micro, who had great chemistry with Punisher throughout the show.

Is iron Fist as bad as people say it is lmao?

Iron Fist is a decent show; not "good" but watchable. The corporate aspects of Danny's life in the show are kind of dry and boring, but the action is fun enough. It could have used less of the Meechum siblings, even if Ward is one of the show's more interesting characters.

Mr_Rager

Just started The Defenders and I like Iron Fist in it. Will probably watch his series when I'm done.

Zello

Iron fist wasn't my favorite but I loved the intro.

[Video]

TheFoxRiverFugitive

New Jessica Jones trailer. Looks better than the initial trailer led me to believe. I'm just wondering who the central antagonist will be this time. Kilgrave is a tough act to follow.

AlienTwo

Good looking trailer, for sure. I think that's the big bad at the end clapping, looked like the hands of a woman.

Typhus

It looks awful. It's precisely what I didn't want, a story about shadowy experiments and conspiracies. Can't we just have a grounded detective show? I was dreading the second season because I just knew this was the direction they'd take, when the appeal of Jessica as a character is seeing this crazy Marvel Universe from a truly grounded level.

Mr_Rager

So after finishing the Iron Fist it's clear they didn't cast the right guy. He doesn't have any credibility to him and all his fighting scenes look like CW network goofy sh*t. Still though, somehow, the show is decent. I actually enjoyed the way Ward developed as a character, he's clearly above everyone else on that show as an actor.

Edited by Mr_Rager

TheFoxRiverFugitive

So after finishing the Iron Fist it's clear they didn't cast the right guy. He doesn't have any credibility to him and all his fighting scenes look like CW network goofy sh*t. Still though, somehow, the show is decent. I actually enjoyed the way Ward developed as a character, he's clearly above everyone else on that show as an actor.

I agree. Ward was the best thing about Iron Fist for me.

UshaB

I actually enjoyed the way Ward developed as a character, he's clearly above everyone else on that show as an actor.

I agree. Ward was the best thing about Iron Fist for me.

Seconded. Third-ded-ded? Ward was the shining star in that incredibly borish show. It is a classic, simple development of change with him (As ihs mood gets worse and worse, his hygiene- hair, clothes etc- gets worse and worse). But he nailed it.

EvolvedWalker

Zello

Looks like we're getting more seasons of these shows soon instead of waiting 6 months in between. I really hope we get news about Daredevil Season 3.

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

Holy sh*t, the Lester Crest is in Jessica Jones, well the guy to plays him, my mind is blown

Edit: Well that was fun while it lasted

Edited by Corndawg93

Mr. Scratch

And James McCaffrey plays a guy called Max, dat reference.

Zello
Posted (edited)

So far I've seen Luis Lopez in Daredevil, Elizabeta Torres in Jesdica Jones season 1, and now we have Lester Crest and Max Payne.

Edited by Zello

Coin

Thoughts so far? I'm up to the fourth episode and it's really not clicking for me so far, maybe it picks up but feeling like a bit of a chore at the moment.

darthYENIK

8th episode for me. It's not as dark and moody as the first season. Thats a problem a lot of shows have. A dark first season being followed by a less than dark second season. The lack of Kilgrave or a Kilgrave caliber antagonist is palpable. Doesnt feel like Jessica's motivation is clear at this point. Seems to change from episode to episode. Although in the last couple episodes its a bit more clear.

I dont hate it, but its going to need a strong finish for me to think its on par with season 1.

Corndawg93

11th episode is amazing, but it makes me miss David Tennent even more

Zello
Posted (edited)

I loved Trish in season 1 this season she has become annoying.

Edited by Zello

DexMacLeod

Yeah, Trish took some bad turns this season. Partly because of bad character choices but the actress didn't help thing along. She ended in an interesting place but, man, it was an awful road to get there.

I enjoyed the season overall but it lacked the intensity and tension of the first. And, like most of Netflix's Marvel shows, it sort of sagged in the middle for a few episodes. The only thing that really, really bugged me about this season would be the flashback episode. It completely ground the story to a halt and gave us no real insights into the characters. At least nothing that warranted an entire episode.

Brad_Adams

I was a big fan of the cinematography, it really help up well. But I agree, a lot of this show was obviously put together with the intent of some binging, for instance. Guys do you wath the season 2 of Jessica? Do you like it?

darthYENIK

Finished. My opinions stayed the same.

It wasnt bad, but it wasnt season 1 good. It got darker in the last five or so episodes, and the ending was pretty good, but overall it just didnt have the atmosphere.

Nerdy opinions: It takes 13 episodes for Jessica to even mention the Defenders, and it is just that, a mention. And Jessica being romantic with anyone but Luke Cage makes me angry.

UshaB

lel

Oh yeah JJ S2. It was eh. S1 was just too good to to surpass.

Corndawg93

I wonder how Infinity War affects the Netflix shows

darthYENIK

Probably not at all.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Yeah, I don't see it affecting the Netflix shows either. They don't even feel like they're a part of the MCU in the first place other than a few passing references to "the incident".