Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,896 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MisterEd

Experince with PC near GTA V minimum specifications

lpgunit

More than normal textures on a 1 GB GPU would need a very good memory chip and RAM speed to not have major stuttering. I absolutely can't have even High textures on 1 GB VRAM because the stuttering is just nuts.

But normal textures look like a f*cking joke. Even PS3 textures are better than it.

At least it's a bit better than GTA IV on low texture details. The latter one looked like as if it came off an N64.

And yeah, just tested V on a GTX 750 my aunt and I got off a computer store at a discount. I still need a RAM upgrade as I made the mistake of just slapping in a 4GB stick, but upon testing it does run fine at 900p, medium-high details.

piddlefoot

This game is poorly ported, I don't care what fanboys say, not one version of GTA to pc has been ported in a great way, every version of GTA on pc has major problems.

The only way to fix the stuttering is to buy newer parts for your pc in most cases.

This is a sad fact.

You have to have overwhelming computational power to achieve a high resolution high frame rate in this game to allow for the not so great coding.

GTA 5 requires a higher spec than what they recommend if you want to run it at max with no stuttering.

I know this because I started playing on my AMD 8 core 8150 @ 3.9ghtz with 8g 1800mhtz ram, and a 6990ati video card, that system is not that old, about 3 years, its a tower, imagine a 3 year old pc, just chop chop chop, so I updated to a brand new system, in fact I built two, an AMD one and an Intel one, the AMD is a 9590 cpu with and r9 290x and 16 g of system ram 990fx sabertooth mobo, , that brand new system still gets stutter in the middle of the city, very disappointing.

The Intel system I have just built is an 8core cpu 5960x with an GTX990 NVidia, and an x99pro mobo with 16g ram.

This system plays GTA 5 lovely, but this system cost me 2800$ in parts [in Australia] .

I have spent a lot on pc's this year, and I know for a fact that GTA 5 could have been ported better.

The intel cpu doesn't suffer from bottlenecking like the brand new 9590 from AMD does.

I tried to build a cheap system to play this game, what a mistake that was, the AMD system cost about 1800$ the Intel 2800$ , it is an investment for the future and now my little girl is really happy she scored a new AMD system, but I did all of this just to play GTA 5 smooth.

I finally achieved that, but I hate to say, if you don't have really powerful video and cpu and fast ram, your going to get GTA5 stutter.

One thing I would like to say is, why is everyone so hostile on this forum ?

We are here to try and better the game for everyone.

Bragging you get 2 million fps on a crappy system doesn't help anyone.

And in rare cases this might be true. Rare.

This is just my opinion, there is no need to get nasty about it, take it with a pinch of salt.

I hope people reading this think about there system specs before buying GTA5, because a laggy game is just a huge letdown especially when you are paying 70$ plus for the game.

The game is worth 70 plus$ if it runs properly.

Make sure your system is powerful or you are running on lowest setting and could still get stutter as well.

That's as honest as I can be about GTA5.

Edited by piddlefoot

Kampret

Obvious troll is obvious.

lpgunit

At least the game isn't as shoddily ported as GTA IV. :p You can easily reach a hundred frames with a top-of-the-line graphics card, compared to IV when even a Titan X can struggle at rendering the game at times.

Protip for those on a tight budget: the more VRAM, the better. Skimping on a very cheap card isn't rewarding either, but if you have no choice other than a GT730 (especially if you live in a developing country or in an area where most PC shops don't carry high-end gear), for goodness' sakes get a GDDR5 version.

Edited by lpgunit

DS12

This game is poorly ported, I don't care what fanboys say, not one version of GTA to pc has been ported in a great way, every version of GTA on pc has major problems.

The only way to fix the stuttering is to buy newer parts for your pc in most cases.

This is a sad fact.

You have to have overwhelming computational power to achieve a high resolution high frame rate in this game to allow for the not so great coding.

GTA 5 requires a higher spec than what they recommend if you want to run it at max with no stuttering.

I know this because I started playing on my AMD 8 core 8150 @ 3.9ghtz with 8g 1800mhtz ram, and a 6990ati video card, that system is not that old, about 3 years, its a tower, imagine a 3 year old pc, just chop chop chop, so I updated to a brand new system, in fact I built two, an AMD one and an Intel one, the AMD is a 9590 cpu with and r9 290x and 16 g of system ram 990fx sabertooth mobo, , that brand new system still gets stutter in the middle of the city, very disappointing.

The Intel system I have just built is an 8core cpu 5960x with an GTX990 NVidia, and an x99pro mobo with 16g ram.

This system plays GTA 5 lovely, but this system cost me 2800$ in parts [in Australia] .

I have spent a lot on pc's this year, and I know for a fact that GTA 5 could have been ported better.

The intel cpu doesn't suffer from bottlenecking like the brand new 9590 from AMD does.

I tried to build a cheap system to play this game, what a mistake that was, the AMD system cost about 1800$ the Intel 2800$ , it is an investment for the future and now my little girl is really happy she scored a new AMD system, but I did all of this just to play GTA 5 smooth.

I finally achieved that, but I hate to say, if you don't have really powerful video and cpu and fast ram, your going to get GTA5 stutter.

One thing I would like to say is, why is everyone so hostile on this forum ?

We are here to try and better the game for everyone.

Bragging you get 2 million fps on a crappy system doesn't help anyone.

And in rare cases this might be true. Rare.

This is just my opinion, there is no need to get nasty about it, take it with a pinch of salt.

I hope people reading this think about there system specs before buying GTA5, because a laggy game is just a huge letdown especially when you are paying 70$ plus for the game.

The game is worth 70 plus$ if it runs properly.

Make sure your system is powerful or you are running on lowest setting and could still get stutter as well.

That's as honest as I can be about GTA5.

When did Nvidia launch GTX 990? Also, the game lags like hell on my GTS 250 especially when I am driving and people with 210 run it without stutters :angry:

piddlefoot

Me Kampret ?

Its just an honest opinion based on what I have done real world to get a smooth game mate.

I have every right to be a little disappointed with yet another porting of this game, that I have got a copy of every version.

Its nothing personal at you or anyone else so being offensive just shows your immaturity.

Kampret

Me Kampret ?

Its just an honest opinion based on what I have done real world to get a smooth game mate.

I have every right to be a little disappointed with yet another porting of this game, that I have got a copy of every version.

Its nothing personal at you or anyone else so being offensive just shows your immaturity.

You're being a troll. How am I the one that is immature when you're ranting nonsense?

1. GTX 990? Nice joke son.

2. V has been widely known to be decently optimized. People with 210 are running the game at 25 FPS, and people with GTX 980 are getting more than stellar performance.

3. Next time, try to check your system first before ranting about the game itself.

At least the game isn't as shoddily ported as GTA IV. :p You can easily reach a hundred frames with a top-of-the-line graphics card, compared to IV when even a Titan X can struggle at rendering the game at times.

Protip for those on a tight budget: the more VRAM, the better. Skimping on a very cheap card isn't rewarding either, but if you have no choice other than a GT730 (especially if you live in a developing country or in an area where most PC shops don't carry high-end gear), for goodness' sakes get a GDDR5 version.

Yeah, GTA IV barely use both your CPU and GPU. There's a coding overhead that prevents the game from using resources to the max. When a game didn't max out the resource on the GPU, one would presume it's a CPU bottleneck, but it's not the case for IV.

Usually in IV you'd barely reach 100% CPU usage. Even it barely hit 70% CPU usage across 3 cores (4th core is basically idling) and 60% GPU usage on my system.

TheFlareEntercounter

I know this may not be the most appropriate place to post this as my setup well-exceeds the minimum specs required, but anyway here goes.

So after a lot of pretty unstable 30-60 FPS gameplay I decided to install the GTA 5 For Super Low PC's 3.0 mod just to experience constant 60+ FPS. After installing that I turned the game on and as soon as the game booted up I turned all the settings to the minimum (except for Soft Shadows, I set those to Softer) and restarted the game. When the loading finished, I was very surprised to see that there was barely any improvement in FPS, even with all the graphic details massively toned down.

No, seriously, have a look:

nRhL7zL.jpg

And that goes down to 30 while driving around.

So can anyone help me on how to increase the FPS? It's really pathetic seeing a game that is so well optimized to run like ass even with largely downgraded graphics.

Edited by TheFlareEntercounter

arnold991

Am playing it on amd r5 m230 smoothly with decent graphics, though it has far lower stream processors than minimum required..

LokDog

Okay don't laugh,I'm using a MacBook Pro (okay laugh if you want) it's just temp.

2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor

16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory

512GB PCIe-based flash storage

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5

Running at 1920x1080

With a low end SweetFX running,it looks pretty decent

Kaito Katsumi

Me Kampret ?

Troll. GTX 990 does not exist. I use a gtx 760 and run it at very high settings, solid 60fps. How is that disappointing? It's disappointing if you are an elitist fag.

HacelGaming

I have a laptop with Intel Core i5-4200U CPU and a Nvidia 740M graphics card with 8GB ram,and i get almost 40-45 fps

Marticus

For what it's worth, i'm running an hd 6850 with only 1gb of vram.

I can run 1080p (native on my projector) but pretty much everything else is at min.

And while the ingame benchmark is giving me between 48 and 59 fps, i'm getting onvious and drastic fps drops ingame.

I will be droppingthr res down a little i think, but previously i was having some weird aspect ratio issues when running at 1600 x 900 everything looked squashed.

Need to experiment more.

fast and bulbous squid

These are my specs:

i7 950

GTX 275

4GB ram

My initial expectations were that the game would at least be playable. The processor is more than enough, and the GPU's power exceeds the requirements (GTX 275 > 9800 GT), though it is worth noting the VRAM of the card is slightly below the minimum requirement; I wouldn't suspect such a minuscule amount to be a problem at the absolute lowest settings.

Was it playable? Surprisingly, not at all.

The prologue was fine, running smoothly at 50+ FPS. But as soon as I got into Los Santos, horrible stuttering set in. The FPS actually stayed above 30 the whole time, but the stuttering made it unplayable.

I'm guessing that either the card is having problems (though this hasn't happened on any other games...) or the... erm... "version" of my game has problems. (let's just say I got it through non-traditional means.)

Oh yeah, and I tried exiting the game and reloading it, but now it crashes on startup. Oh well, I'll be upgrading soon anyway.

Kampret

These are my specs:

i7 950

GTX 275

4GB ram

My initial expectations were that the game would at least be playable. The processor is more than enough, and the GPU's power exceeds the requirements (GTX 275 > 9800 GT), though it is worth noting the VRAM of the card is slightly below the minimum requirement; I wouldn't suspect such a minuscule amount to be a problem at the absolute lowest settings.

Was it playable? Surprisingly, not at all.

The prologue was fine, running smoothly at 50+ FPS. But as soon as I got into Los Santos, horrible stuttering set in. The FPS actually stayed above 30 the whole time, but the stuttering made it unplayable.

I'm guessing that either the card is having problems (though this hasn't happened on any other games...) or the... erm... "version" of my game has problems. (let's just say I got it through non-traditional means.)

Oh yeah, and I tried exiting the game and reloading it, but now it crashes on startup. Oh well, I'll be upgrading soon anyway.

That's obviously a VRAM starvation issue.

Anda7x

Guys,i found this timecycles for low end users,is the same used in last gen

Edit:give you some boost on FPS without loose quality

https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/low-end-timecyc

Edited by Avenged Sevenfold

Costar

I am starting this thread for people who install GTA V on a PC with low end specs. For example the some of minimum specs listed are:

Processor: Intel: Core 2 Q6600 Quad @ 2.40GHz | AMD: Phenom 9850 Quad @ 2.5GHz

Video Card: NVIDIA: 9800 GT 1GB | AMD: HD 4870 1GB

One of the computers I am installing GTA V on has the following:

Processor: AMD Phenom II 960T X4 @3.0GHz

Video Card: NVIDIA: GTS 250

This is just a little above the listed minimum specs. I will post how well GTA V works on it. I am interested to see how well it works for other people with PCs that have specs at or below the listed minimum specs.

Remember Rockstar says that these are the lowest specs for a PC they tested GTA V on. That does not mean that GTA V will work not work on a PC with lower specs. It doesn't hurt to try first before one runs out and buys new hardware.

MisterEd, I have some rather low PC specs and the game plays at around 15-20FPS.. And that is with the following:
DirectX from 11 to 10.1 because it does reduce the amount of VRAM required
Resolution = native 1440x900
Shader Quality = High
Population density = 1/3 full
Reflection Quality = High
Reflection MSAA = x2
Water Quality = High
Particles Quality = High
Shadows = Sharp
Post FX = High
Ambient Occlusion = High
EVERYTHING ELSE is defaulted to "Normal or Off" and then I turned Vsync Off and this still uses almost ALL of my 1GB graphx card's VRAM...
So its like ~1023MB and with these items its 980MB used which is still less than turning ALL of this other stuff off or putting it on "Normal" and then using DX11 which pushes usage to 1015MB...
Still, the game is playable and this PC is ~10 years old...
The only things I upgraded were the power supply, the RAM from 2GB to 4GB and the graphx from onboard to 1GB Nvidia 650GTX..
The CPU is probably the funniest part because it is a mere AMD 2.6GHz dual core.
The sucky thing is, I have the Steam version which hurts performance somewhat because you have DRM in Steam and in SC which means ALL of these processes are running at all times.. And that just unnecessarily uses RAM and CPU constantly.. Its really stupid because even GTA IV/EFLC you could just click the Launcher.exe and run it separate from Steam but not V...
I have a video from my phone which is in excellent original quality but then it was compressed and converted so its lesser quality. The game is actually very clean and clear whilst playing..