2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Press Y/Triangle to Hide Jobs

Rented

Since everybody has been sharing their ideas that they sent to Rockstar I thought I might as well.

Los Santos and Blaine County is cluttered with thousands of jobs, but unfortunately the markers(starting point) are usually located in places where players can easily walk into them by accident.

This could be fixed by adding the Y/Triangle button to the 'Play Job' section in the pause menu which could simply hide the job that the player has selected(similar how X/Square 'Bookmarks' the Job).

F8i4bRU.png

I can't believe that this topic died, almost everyone in this section was bitching about the job markers.

F8i4bRU.png

Good idea - take them off the minimap altogether if you ask me - we only want them to start them anyway, so put them where we go looking for them.

I'd also like job halos to require a button to start the job - too many times I've accidentally stepped on one and been ripped out of a critical moment.

Edited by God-eater

I'd also like job halos to require a button to start the job - too many times I've accidentally stepped on one and been ripped out of a critical moment.

Specially the ones in the Grove Street, sometimes I'm about to steal a Ballas Tornado to make some easy 12k, but nope, my character accidentally stepped into the job marker when i press Y to get in the car.

Edited by Bxx88
  • Like 2

Try this: equip a sniper while riding in a helicopter. Now scope in and try to use the minimap to locate your target.

..Yeah, the clutter needs to go.

I can deal with this.

The gang attacks on the airfields on the other hand...

• Like 1

I don't know a single person who uses those blue circles. They also need to fix when looking through players next to something else, it goes to the thing next to them. Then I have to scroll back to the players and continue searching for the specific player.

• Like 3

That's a very good idea, although I'd just be fine with an On/Off toggle for blue coronas under the Options menu. Either way, both the minimap and game world itself would look much better without them.

• Like 2

Good idea - take them off the minimap altogether if you ask me - we only want them to start them anyway, so put them where we go looking for them.

Yeah I've always said that right on the d-pad would fix this issue. I don't mind the map clutter though.

I don't know a single person who uses those blue circles. They also need to fix when looking through players next to something else, it goes to the thing next to them. Then I have to scroll back to the players and continue searching for the specific player.

You mean on the pause map?

You can search the player list at Interaction menu > Highlight Player

If you then want to set a waypoint you can then press Square or X.

Edited by Heists

JesterOfGenocide

I think this is a good idea, but I think it should go a step farther and allow you to remove markers altogether to clear up all the blue circles that are placed poorly. Just launch jobs from the menu and allow us to hide the markers.

How about just not starting it automatically when stepping into the blue circle, you should have to push right on the d pad to initiate it

• Like 2

I think placing them on your map if you actually play it would make more sense. Like if you often play races, make the race markers show up. THe "Hide All Markers" would be nice, but they should just turn them off entirely in open lobbies.

I would like it more if we could use the in game internet to access game modes, rather than blips all over the map

Edited by Feurian42

My problem is gang attacks. Whenever I'm trying to land a plane in either of the smaller runways, I get greeted by a gang attack

I wish hiding markers around the map were possible. I went to pick up a crate drop and I accidentally walked into a marker. Upon coming back, I saw the crate and flare smoke still but I couldn't collect my earnings. I've never been as upset at GTA Online as I was from this happening to me.

It deserves a big f*ck you to R* even if it was just a special crate that I rarely have a chance to pick up.

streetx1xracer

Imo who even bothers joining jobs from the markers?

Edited by streetx1xracer

And they should add two display options, disable coronas in-game (since they look unreal) and to disable all the mission blips etc on the minimap (way too cluttered map).

Eggobites90

It's as if Rockstar want to make it impossible to say, "I'm bored."

"But look at all the sh*t cluttering your radar! There's plenty of sh*tty jobs!"