2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Should Rockstar make use of the miles of sea in GTA:O

billiam

It's evident from the detail of the ocean bed of the map that Rockstar put a lot of effort into making it, however it is hard to appreciate it when there's nothing to do in the sea apart from find small secrets such as crashed planes.

Should Rockstar add more stuff to underwater gameplay? such as hidden loot or armed submersibles for underwater fights. At the moment the easiest way to survive a bounty is to get a submersible and head to the deepest possible area of the ocean and wait where no one can kill you.

Maybe they could add more underground ruins such as an old unflooded abandoned undersea military base which can be explored without the need for rebreathers

What are your thoughts on the unused ocean of the map and have you any other ideas for what Rockstar could add?

i would have preferred if they made the surface of the sea more detailed where different areas have different waves, and storms cause huge waves, plus a few more islands and flat surfaces (i honestly wouldn't care if there were just flat platforms with no explanation of why they are in the middle of the ocean.)

The reason i would want that is that it makes fighting other players and doing missions on the ocean fun without making it the main focus of the game because this isn't AC Black flag.

The reason i would want that is that it makes fighting other players and doing missions on the ocean fun without making it the main focus of the game because this isn't AC Black flag.

actually open world online AC black flag would be my dream xD

• Like 4

actually open world online AC black flag would be my dream xD

it would be fun i just hate when people make unrealistic expectations, and that would be unrealistic unless thats all they focus on.

Although i still think they can make it fun to have some boat fights and stuff like that with what i suggested.

I hope in GTA 6 they try another ambitous game that tries to includes everything and not something similar to gta IV, where it was just city.

SirPhilMcKraken

I'm surprised there aren't any missions online that involve diving, would be fun in co-op

• Like 4

Jazzy the Dutchess

I hope they eventually build a bridge, or make it to where eventually after flying so far out you'll be in another city. Like Las Venturas or San Fierro. Cause let's get real; as much as I loved Liberty City it's just too far away.

Add in scuba gear and add a care package-esque event where you have to search around a circled area in the sea for buried treasure. Make it worthwhile to put the effort in by making it at least $15-20k + small chance of exclusive items.

submarines wars would be awesome lol

How about a deathmatch with scuba suits, harpoon guns, and sharks with lazers attached to their heads?

giphy.gif

I have only enjoyed the underwater twice. Once online when i glitched and was able to walk on the bottom and take snapmatics and troll some randoms. The other was viewing a youtube video where a mod was used to remove all of the water where one could drive a motorcycle on the ocean floor.

Overall the ocean and underwater detail is a waste,more so in sp. I would prefer more interiors on land before adding any ocean detail. However any ocean detail would best be on the surface with more boats cruising around and a large inhabited island.

Edited by jazzbone

Shadowfennekin

Yes. There is absolutely no purpose for the ocean in Online. I'd settle for a Free Roam event or the Aircraft Carrier spawns in Free Roam. (It's far away from shore, you can easily kill anyone trying to get there to jet greif

Another thread asking for something major to be added into a 1.5 year-old game...it's not happening, if it was going to, it would have been done by now

• Like 2

Yea, its not like they still release patches or anything, right guy above me?

Woops

Anyway, I like the aircraft carrier idea, and have thought about it before. A persistant AC would be awesome, even if it was simply another airport, preferablay up north (along with a 10 car garage). And while GTA water combat can be fun, I think they could take a page from the Scarface book and kick it up a few notches. I agree with OP. The ocean, as well as many other places, is underutilized

justinlynch3

Underwater animals would be cool.

They refuse to give us land animals let alone underwater animals.

• Like 2

Yea, its not like they still release patches or anything, right guy above me?

Woops

Anyway, I like the aircraft carrier idea, and have thought about it before. A persistant AC would be awesome, even if it was simply another airport, preferablay up north (along with a 10 car garage). And while GTA water combat can be fun, I think they could take a page from the Scarface book and kick it up a few notches. I agree with OP. The ocean, as well as many other places, is underutilized

A lot of assets are being underutilized.

That's just Rockstar. Make something big, only for a small or one time usage.

• Like 2

actually open world online AC black flag could be my dream xDThis, oh f*ck yeah this!

fakebasedjo

As CrazyRay said, it probably won't happen.

Would be cool to see the aircraft carrier, yacht, and maybe some naval drug smuggling missions though.

• Like 2

Bill_Assassin

They need to add a yacht that players can takeover and after holding it for a period of time, earn a good chunk of money and RP. Also, a couple of small islands here and there would also be fun to claim as your own and defend from other players.

I wouldn't be too harsh on R* though, they have made a huge game already.

• Like 1

Another thread asking for something major to be added into a 1.5 year-old game...it's not happening, if it was going to, it would have been done by now

a lot of these suggestions aren't major. For example adding hidden chests as an event similar to a crate drop isn't unrealistic especially with the addition of 'distract cops' and smuggler planes

Edited by Billiam301

Would have rather they had left the ocean floor unexplorable like IV and used that space to make the Grand Senora Desert actually grand.

• Like 3

Implying adding anything to a game that's been out for a year and a half is pointless. I love how people like you think you know it all. You don't know what's being planned nor in the works.