2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Self Radio on new-gen consoles.

EVOLUT7ON

200px-IndependenceFM.svg.png

As u know, Rockstar said, that PC vers. will include new radio station The Lab FM and also a Self Radio (it is a custom radio station scheduled to be featured in the PC vers. of GTAV. It allows the players to listen to their own music on the in-game radio, similar to Independence FM in GTA IV).

So, guys... I have a question: Why it is only for PC owners? New gen. consoles have the ability to make a music library. Let's see: ShareFactory may scan all songs. Also game The Crew can scan our library and than we can make our own playlist with music. And nothing problems. Can't understand why...

So, what prevents to do it for PS4 or XOne?
p.s. Should we make a petition? Or write an open letter? or what? How we could solve that problem? Cuz I didn't see any problems to share Self Radio from PC to PS4 and XOne. The same functions as the same conditions without licensing.

so, let's discuss, guys. I think it's important. :r*:

• Like 2

Rockstar and petitions don't really go hand in hand.

• Like 3

I just mute the music volume and play music from my PC, so I've never really cared for this.

Edited by Aby
  • Like 3

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

You have a working Spotify.

You have no rights to bitch about Self FM for PS4.

Edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot

GamesBoy316

The "Self Radio" has always been exclusive to PC. And I doubt making a petition will get Rockstar's attention.

Liberty City (FIB)

We have spotify, but i can see why you'd want your own radio. like how you'll get kicked out a session for starting up spotify, if you don't have it already playing.

I don't think a petition is necessary

The pc can handle everything rockstar intended to put in the game. simple as that.

Deal with it.

Just like the current gen have some interesting features that could be and should be included in last gen, but at the end of the day they won't, and neither will this one.

TeammateHelper

I listen to my phone, buddy. It has Spotify, and it has "premium".

One word: Spotify

Make a account then you can hear some of your own favorite music while you play.

There's a huge difference between listening to music while playing, and having a playlist for your own radio station in game.

I agree with OP.

There's a huge difference between listening to music while playing, and having a playlist for your own radio station in game.

I agree with OP.

Liberty City (FIB)

I agree with OP.

Can You explain?

Minus the sound adjustments

Edited by Liberty City (FIB)

I agree with OP.

Can You explain?

Maybe I'm wrong (I really hope I am) but with the Spotify implementation, do you hear your music all the time or only on the radio station in cars/apartment?

Liberty City (FIB)

I agree with OP.

Can You explain?

Maybe I'm wrong (I really hope I am) but with the Spotify implementation, do you hear your music all the time or only on the radio station in cars/apartment? Ahh yea it plays all the time, now i see what you mean. it doesn't really matter to me, if it plays only on the station or all the time.

^^ too bad, I want my station. I want to ride that extra round around the block to finish that one song before I get out of my car. Just like in real life lol.

• Like 3

manicmechanic71

^^ too bad, I want my station. I want to ride that extra round around the block to finish that one song before I get out of my car. Just like in real life lol.

I've always really enjoyed the independence fm feature on PC, I'd love to get it on ps4 but I'm resigned to it remaining PC only unfortunately.

happygrowls

The PS4 has a USB music player, not sue about the Xbone but doesn't that have Xbox Music?

XB1 has a usb player, as well as snapping youtube and xbox music.

The pc can handle everything rockstar intended to put in the game. simple as that.

And only half the PC base get to experience it in its full glory...

• Like 1

Spotify or make a playlist on your phone and stream it to a Bluetooth speaker then turn off in game radio.... I do both, such a simple solution. Thing is whith music it isnt truly exclusive the novelty of the radio stations on the wheel but who cares

I would be happy if Microsoft would give me back the ability to play my own music in the background from my PC (or thumb drive) on my Xbox One like we could on 360. Right now i'm using a bluetooth speaker and my phone which feels so ancient compared to how it worked on 360.

Randy Marsh

The PS4 has a USB music player, not sue about the Xbone but doesn't that have Xbox Music?

This is all I use on my PS4. If you have a large music library, the USB player is a better option than Spotify. You are only limited by the amount of storage space on the stick.

Quinn_flower

spotify or usb what else can u ask for?

The difference is, in GTA0 you will get stick-bombed by a lime-and-chrome Zentorno on your last lap around the block. :p

The difference is, in GTA0 you will get stick-bombed by a lime-and-chrome Zentorno on your last lap around the block. :p

True, but irl I'm just praying my pos car is gonna arrive at its destination lol

Too Freakin Bad

The "Self Radio" has always been exclusive to PC. And I doubt making a petition will get Rockstar's attention.

Pretty sure San Andreas and Vice City, aaaaand the psp titles all had a station for custom music.

Not much of an excuse as to why they wouldn't include it on current gen. The pc guys would've f*cking modded that sh*t in within the first week anyways.