2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Dodgy Player Rant

Bangha

Hi everyone,

I’ve been in bad sport four times already, the last time was almost a month ago (I got out just before heists were released). I don’t use cheats/glitches or hide in wallbreaches; I’m definitely not a jet griefer (not a great pilot tbh) and I rarely use my tank. Lately I’ve noticed that my status constantly shifts between clean player and dodgy player. I know that as a dodgy player it takes about one or two blown up cars to be sent to bad sport again. I’m constantly checking my status (I’m absolutely OCD about this crap) and as soon as I become a dodgy player I start grinding missions, ask my friends to commend me, etc.

Today, and after doing missions for a couple of hours, I was again a clean player; however, I blew up two cars in FR (one of them a Zentorno whose driver tried to reverse kill me) and BAM, I was a dodgy player. I started grinding missions again (two hours or so) and I became a clean player. Once again I went back to free mode, killed a guy who spawned close to me and my status changed to dodgy player. What the hell is going on? Now we are punished for killing people? After I killed him I noticed he was apparently AFK, not sure if it matters or not, but this is Grand Theft Auto, not My Little Pony, and it doesn’t make any sense to be punished for killing other players who are not my friends/crew members.

I want to be able to play this game as I used to…I had to create an alternative account where I can kill other people and blow up a reasonable amount of vehicles (so easy with proximity mines/homing missiles/ stickies) without going to Bad Sport/becoming a dodgy player, but I wonder what’s going on with my main account. Is that because people report me believing that I’m a modder or something? My level is 412 and my K/D ratio is slightly below 4, nothing impressive since the game was released a year and a half ago…

Sorry about this rant but it’s getting frustrating…

Edited by Bangha

CrysisAverted

Contact R* Support

Heck I drop like 50-80k on PVs daily and don't even got dodgy

Lord_Smasherton

Contact Rockstar support.

Or... You could be lying. Takes a lot to get dodgy status, and you don't get badsport points for killing players. Also you might be grinding up to "clean" but just barely. I would grind until you get the 2k for good behavior.

manitouscott

Clearly, you are a victim of "Bad Sport Profiling", a known phenomena among those who have been to bad sport FOUR TIMES.

I would call Juno, your case worker on this one.

Edited by manitouscott
  • Like 2

Or... You could be lying. Takes a lot to get dodgy status, and you don't get badsport points for killing players. Also you might be grinding up to "clean" but just barely. I would grind until you get the 2k for good behavior.

Oddly enough I got the 2k for good behavior and I was still a dodgy player! I'm telling you...I blew up two cars and I instantly became a dodgy player...ridiculous!

Clearly, you are a victim of "Bad Sport Profiling", a known phenomena among those who have been to bad sport FOUR TIMES.

Hum....Bad Sport Profiling? That sounds interesting and plausible...does Juno work for Rockstar or is he a forum member?

Contact R* Support

Me too, not every day, but I have my moments...I probably wasted $150,000 one day last week, and then, almost immediately, received my $2,000 bonus

Lord_Smasherton

Oddly enough I got the 2k for good behavior and I was still a dodgy player! I'm telling you...I blew up two cars and I instantly became a dodgy player...ridiculous!

Hum....Bad Sport Profiling? That sounds interesting and plausible...does Juno work for Rockstar or is he a forum member?

Yep, sounds like it's glitched for you. Definitely contact support.

Dude, my last BS (32 days ._.) was because I kept teetering, like you described. I did exactly as you, checking, getting commended, and doing missions... I kept checking, but one day, BS inevitably happened because I didn't check enough.

If I go into bad sport again, it will be 64 days. No thank you...

Still though, I find myself blowing up cars. Argh, so hard not to! Lol! Anyway, I always check after every car I destroy now, just to be sure I don't become dodgy. The minute I do, I will vow to not blow up cars for a week.

Edit: Blowing up 0 cars for an entire week will be next to impossible for me.

Edited by Fennimoe
  • Like 2

xInfamousRYANx

Its dumb imo the whole bad sport system is dumb and broken. Takes forever to get in but once you have been in takes almost nothing to return

Contact R* Support

I still get the $2000 bonus every time. XB1

Isn't it odd how everyone who makes a thread here is an "innocent" player who was "unjustly" thrown into Bad Sport??

• Like 3

Isn't it odd how everyone who makes a thread here is an "innocent" player who was "unjustly" thrown into Bad Sport??

Bad Sport makes sense for extreme jet griefers/modders/players who hide in wallbreaches or use god mode. Not for someone who blows up 3 or 4 cars in two hours. I believe this is a glitch and I have already contacted Rockstar Support.

As I mentioned, I have an alternative account and I’m able to destroy a reasonable amount of vehicles without becoming a dodgy player - apparently there’s something going on with my main account.

I honestly believe the OP and really have no idea how it works. I murder and destroy indiscriminately and have only been to bad sport once back on 360 and I wasn't really doing much destroying at the time

I always joke at my clean player status saying "if I'm a clean player what does it take to be a dirty player".

I think quitting jobs (even terrible player made ones) give a you way more bad sport points than destroying vehicles does. Just a theory. But the one time I got dodgy player status came shortly after quitting several player made races that were broken

KornbreadMaf1a

Reading all the sob stories about people in bad sport reminds me of being in jail. Everybody who is in there swears they are innocent and blames the system.

Edited by KornbreadMaf1a

KornbreadMaf1a

Bad Sport makes sense for extreme jet griefers/modders/players who hide in wallbreaches or use god mode. Not for someone who blows up 3 or 4 cars in two hours. I believe this is a glitch and I have already contacted Rockstar Support.

As I mentioned, I have an alternative account and Im able to destroy a reasonable amount of vehicles without becoming a dodgy player - apparently theres something going on with my main account.

Ever stop to think that your four previous trips to bad sport means you automatically got a shorter leash than people who have never been to bad sport?

I'll use my life for example. If me and another person got arrested for the same thing even if it's minor I'll go to jail and the other person most likely gets a slap on the wrist. I could complain and say that's not fair but the truth of the matter is because I'm already a convicted felon and have been to jail before it means I don't get the benefit of the doubt like a first time offender. That's the way it should work.

• Like 2

Reading all the sob stories about people in bad sport reminds me of being in jail. Everybody who is in there swears they are innocent and blames the system.

Btw, I'm NOT in bad sport :p

Thecomrade9

Hi everyone,

Ive been in bad sport four times already, the last time was almost a month ago (I got out just before heists were released). I dont use cheats/glitches or hide in wallbreaches; Im definitely not a jet griefer (not a great pilot tbh) and I rarely use my tank. Lately Ive noticed that my status constantly shifts between clean player and dodgy player. I know that as a dodgy player it takes about one or two blown up cars to be sent to bad sport again. Im constantly checking my status (Im absolutely OCD about this crap) and as soon as I become a dodgy player I start grinding missions, ask my friends to commend me, etc.

Today, and after doing missions for a couple of hours, I was again a clean player; however, I blew up two cars in FR (one of them a Zentorno whose driver tried to reverse kill me) and BAM, I was a dodgy player. I started grinding missions again (two hours or so) and I became a clean player. Once again I went back to free mode, killed a guy who spawned close to me and my status changed to dodgy player. What the hell is going on? Now we are punished for killing people? After I killed him I noticed he was apparently AFK, not sure if it matters or not, but this is Grand Theft Auto, not My Little Pony, and it doesnt make any sense to be punished for killing other players who are not my friends/crew members.

I want to be able to play this game as I used toI had to create an alternative account where I can kill other people and blow up a reasonable amount of vehicles (so easy with proximity mines/homing missiles/ stickies) without going to Bad Sport/becoming a dodgy player, but I wonder whats going on with my main account. Is that because people report me believing that Im a modder or something? My level is 412 and my K/D ratio is slightly below 4, nothing impressive since the game was released a year and a half ago

Sorry about this rant but its getting frustrating

Please learn what OCD really is, as I suffer the worst from it in everyday life. It's living with demons. Too bad it's terribly overused in every context. Sorry, I just can't stand it.

Hi everyone,

Ive been in bad sport four times already, the last time was almost a month ago (I got out just before heists were released). I dont use cheats/glitches or hide in wallbreaches; Im definitely not a jet griefer (not a great pilot tbh) and I rarely use my tank. Lately Ive noticed that my status constantly shifts between clean player and dodgy player. I know that as a dodgy player it takes about one or two blown up cars to be sent to bad sport again. Im constantly checking my status (Im absolutely OCD about this crap) and as soon as I become a dodgy player I start grinding missions, ask my friends to commend me, etc.

Today, and after doing missions for a couple of hours, I was again a clean player; however, I blew up two cars in FR (one of them a Zentorno whose driver tried to reverse kill me) and BAM, I was a dodgy player. I started grinding missions again (two hours or so) and I became a clean player. Once again I went back to free mode, killed a guy who spawned close to me and my status changed to dodgy player. What the hell is going on? Now we are punished for killing people? After I killed him I noticed he was apparently AFK, not sure if it matters or not, but this is Grand Theft Auto, not My Little Pony, and it doesnt make any sense to be punished for killing other players who are not my friends/crew members.

I want to be able to play this game as I used toI had to create an alternative account where I can kill other people and blow up a reasonable amount of vehicles (so easy with proximity mines/homing missiles/ stickies) without going to Bad Sport/becoming a dodgy player, but I wonder whats going on with my main account. Is that because people report me believing that Im a modder or something? My level is 412 and my K/D ratio is slightly below 4, nothing impressive since the game was released a year and a half ago

Sorry about this rant but its getting frustrating

Please learn what OCD really is, as I suffer the worst from it in everyday life. It's living with demons. Too bad it's terribly overused in every context. Sorry, I just can't stand it.

Sorry to hear that :(

fluffydude51

If you're going to kill people in a Gta game and say it's not my little pony then doesn't it make sense for you to actually be a bad guy and not a "good sport"

Its dumb imo the whole bad sport system is dumb and broken. Takes forever to get in but once you have been in takes almost nothing to return

In real world California, three strikes and you're a lifer. The third one could be something petty, tough luck for you.

So, I think that GTA0 should be the same way - 3 BS's and you're a BS lifer. :^:

OP has been in bad sport 4 times, and then complains that he's walking on eggs. Suck it up, tough guy.

Edited by saintsrow

This could be a glitch, if what you're saying is remotely true. Me, I've been to bad sport twice and still can destroy cars if I feel like it - though having been to BS twice, i'm more careful than I used to be! If I'm in a session and I destroy 3-4 cars in a short amount of time, I automatically start thinking, "Might be time to do some missions soon." Or if I'm in an aggro session for an hour, a timer goes off in my head, like: I've been doing this too long, time to clean the slate again. (The two times I was in bad sport it wasn't for jet griefing or anything, it was just from being in a single free roam for an entire morning, like 3+ hours, and blowing up cars at a normal rate while fighting with other players. Taught me a lesson... though really I should have learned in the first time!)

Went on a free-roam spree after sone child decided to reverse Zentorno for no apparent reason, left the lobby with a blood red mental state, and 30 PVs burned.

Harry_S_Plinkett

So, your KD is "around 4" and you're not a griefer?

There is your main problem dude. You need to lower it down.

It's hard for me to believe that your primary objective is minding your own business and doing shopping in free roam.

Everytime you kill someone you probably get reported for griefing. Couple of reports and you're dodgy player. From there route to BS lobby is very short.

Change playing style for more "My Little Pony" type. Less reports, lower KD, no more stress.

Or maybe you think that auto-aim skill is a skill?

• Like 2

KornbreadMaf1a

Btw, I'm NOT in bad sport :p

Maybe not now but when you do get put back in bad sport 20/1 says you blame everything but yourself. You are already laying the ground work with this thread.

You are on GTA's version of parole

Arctic Midnight

All in all, the bad sport system just sucks ass moisture. Considering the game, it's just a bad idea to begin with not to mention the way they implemented it. They give us 13 different ways to blow stuff up and blatantly give us the ability to cause as much mayhem as we please; then punish us for it.

I totally get that if there's this one ass in the session that is just after you for no reason; but there's already a few solutions for that. Find New Session and Passive mode, not to mention 'invite' or 'friend' sessions.

• Like 2

Harry_S_Plinkett

There are lobbies for people who like exploring this masterfully crafted digital world, and lobbies for people who like exploding everything in this masterfully crafted digital world.

Jails are build for a reason, and so are BS lobbies.

Concept of me going to jail to protect myself from criminals is just mindboggling.

KornbreadMaf1a

There are lobbies for people who like exploring this masterfully crafted digital world, and lobbies for people who like exploding everything in this masterfully crafted digital world.

Jails are build for a reason, and so are BS lobbies.

Concept of me going to jail to protect myself from criminals is just mindboggling.

People act like it takes one or two cars to get into BS. I defend myself all the time and blow up PV's and have never even been a dodgy player.

I had a crew member who wanted to see what bad sport was like and it took him two days of doing nothing but blowing up PV's to get into bad sport.

Oooohhhh! That makes a lot of sense! I do so much killing in free roam that I KNOW I have been reported many times... Voted to kick!? Every session. In fact, I got reported the other day from a few players claiming I was a modder because I was destroying them so bad, by myself. Everyone should know by now how to use snacks and body armor... Lol

With all that being said, I am definitely sure that this (reporting) has something to do with (along with the cars being destroyed) BS happening so fast for me. Lol! I get it. I kill too much.

Edited by Fennimoe

hornedturtle

Oooohhhh! That makes a lot of sense! I do so much killing in free roam that I KNOW I have been reported many times... Voted to kick!? Every session. In fact, I got reported the other day from a few players claiming I was a modder because I was destroying them so bad, by myself. Everyone should know by now how to use snacks and body armor... Lol

With all that being said, I am definitely sure that this (reporting) has something to do with (along with the cars being destroyed) BS happening so fast for me. Lol! I get it. I kill too much.

The great report system in place. Instead of changing lobbies with the slim to none chance of meeting you again, they report you

The first time i heard i got reported was because i took the high priority car before some kid could get to it. Good times.