2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Less casual handling and vechicle damage?

StoProGratis

LankanComrade

I thought the handling in GTA4 was very exaggerated, the cars feel like they have their momentum swinging all over the place! I really liked what I saw in GTAV especially how the cars look when driving at high speed, you can just feel the weight of it! :)

• Like 3

I'll be modding the sh*t out of this game's vehicle handling. Why they make everything handle like go-kart?

• Like 3

I thought the handling in GTA4 was very exaggerated, the cars feel like they have their momentum swinging all over the place! I really liked what I saw in GTAV especially how the cars look when driving at high speed, you can just feel the weight of it! :)

IV's physics is a bit exaggerated, but at least they tried to make it more realistic. Stiffen some cars' suspension a little bit then you have a perfect physics. In V there's no suspension, no weight transfer, no realistic grip. Everything accelerates and stops ridiculously good, tyres have too much grip, and there's no body-roll no matter how hard you turn.

• Like 3

I'll be modding the sh*t out of this game's vehicle handling. Why they make everything handle like go-kart?

Look up the realistic driving mod made for the 360. You might want to extract the handling files from that and work off of that as a base instead of starting from scratch.

Crocodile Hunter

I can't wait for the V version of realistic driving n flying :)

I actually love how vehicles handle in GTA V because it feels like playing NFS

Too much realism is unfun

• Like 1

Crocodile Hunter

I actually love how vehicles handle in GTA V because it feels like playing NFS

Too much realism is unfun

Not at all man, GTA IV had a mod called realistic driving n flying which was amazing. that plus heavy vehicle damage mod was the best B)

The real question isn't "is the handling gonna be realistic ?"

The real question is, how are you gonna be handling your love ?

IV's physics is a bit exaggerated, but at least they tried to make it more realistic. Stiffen some cars' suspension a little bit then you have a perfect physics. In V there's no suspension, no weight transfer, no realistic grip. Everything accelerates and stops ridiculously good, tyres have too much grip, and there's no body-roll no matter how hard you turn.

The perfect driving for me would be a hybrid of GTA IV driving and GTA V driving.

The pros about IV's driving is that it was much more realistic, cars had mass, cars had suspension, and the deformation was significantly better.

The cons about IV's driving is that the cars were too slow, and I felt like I had to go a little too slow around corners to not slide into the wall. You can't really shoot out a windshield.

The pros about V's driving is that car accelerations and top speeds are much more realistic for most cars. Flying physics are much better now with turbulence, boats are more fun to drive due to water physics, etc... Another pro is that some elements of the damage is better. You can see the shattered glass on the window, and more parts come off of the cars. Tires can come off. Cars are more maneuverable.

The cons about V's driving is that it is like an arcade game. It kinda reminds me of SA's driving in some ways (which also had better speeds). The car deformation is greatly tuned down. I can ram into a car hard and the damaged parts of it are still recognizable where in IV and real life, it can totally be messed up. The other thing about V's driving is that super cars don't have realistic top speeds. You can only go about 140 MPH when the website says that the car can reach speeds to around 250 MPH.

So regarding the vehicles to make them better, I would like a mod that has the following.

-A mix between IV's suspension. It isn't as exaggerated as IV's, but the cars still tilt more than they do in V when going around corners.

-A mix between IV's handling, and V's handling in terms of control and maneuverability. Cars won't feel as arcadey, but they will be more maneuverable than they were in IV at high speeds.

-Car deformation on cars without armor will be like IV. However, cars with the armor modification applied will still have the same deformation. Cars that are armored by default, like the Swat van, Bank van, Tank, Armored Dukes, Armored Kumera, etc... would also remain the same.

-If the roof becomes too deformed, the player will be forced into the duck position to avoid their head clipping with the roof.

-Car speeds and accelerations will remain the same as they are in V for the most part. Except for the super and sports cars. They will accelerate a little quicker, and their top speeds will meet what they are on the website. Jets would also be a little bit faster too. The Submarine speed would be increased slightly.

I feel like this would be the perfect handling. Sure it wouldn't be realistic, but I think realistic would be a little too hard for it to be fun. This would make the driving more realistic than IV and V in my opinion. It would make the game a little harder, but it would still be fun.

• Like 4

The perfect driving for me would be a hybrid of GTA IV driving and GTA V driving.

The pros about IV's driving is that it was much more realistic, cars had mass, cars had suspension, and the deformation was significantly better.

The cons about IV's driving is that the cars were too slow, and I felt like I had to go a little too slow around corners to not slide into the wall. You can't really shoot out a windshield.

The pros about V's driving is that car accelerations and top speeds are much more realistic for most cars. Flying physics are much better now with turbulence, boats are more fun to drive due to water physics, etc... Another pro is that some elements of the damage is better. You can see the shattered glass on the window, and more parts come off of the cars. Tires can come off. Cars are more maneuverable.

The cons about V's driving is that it is like an arcade game. It kinda reminds me of SA's driving in some ways (which also had better speeds). The car deformation is greatly tuned down. I can ram into a car hard and the damaged parts of it are still recognizable where in IV and real life, it can totally be messed up. The other thing about V's driving is that super cars don't have realistic top speeds. You can only go about 140 MPH when the website says that the car can reach speeds to around 250 MPH.

So regarding the vehicles to make them better, I would like a mod that has the following.

-A mix between IV's suspension. It isn't as exaggerated as IV's, but the cars still tilt more than they do in V when going around corners.

-A mix between IV's handling, and V's handling in terms of control and maneuverability. Cars won't feel as arcadey, but they will be more maneuverable than they were in IV at high speeds.

-Car deformation on cars without armor will be like IV. However, cars with the armor modification applied will still have the same deformation. Cars that are armored by default, like the Swat van, Bank van, Tank, Armored Dukes, Armored Kumera, etc... would also remain the same.

-If the roof becomes too deformed, the player will be forced into the duck position to avoid their head clipping with the roof.

-Car speeds and accelerations will remain the same as they are in V for the most part. Except for the super and sports cars. They will accelerate a little quicker, and their top speeds will meet what they are on the website. Jets would also be a little bit faster too. The Submarine speed would be increased slightly.

I feel like this would be the perfect handling. Sure it wouldn't be realistic, but I think realistic would be a little too hard for it to be fun. This would make the driving more realistic than IV and V in my opinion. It would make the game a little harder, but it would still be fun.

One solution can never satisfy everyone. R* could have made two driving modes like Mafia II, people can choose whether they like arcadey or simulation driving. Since the game's default physics is very arcadey, I'm going to make my handling mod as realistic as possible, I won't be making something in-between.

Actually you can drive up to 200 miles in GTA V, you just need to pick it up well.

I would definitely agree. Driver San Francisco had great handling.

I might try out this mod when the PC version comes out.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/gta-v-realistic-driving-mod.1000113/

Unfortunately, it doesn't have handling for any of the new cars. Only the vehicles that were available back when the game initially released on last gen.

RetardOfTheYear

car handling is far superior in GTA V old gen than on GTA IV PCalready and I played hundreds of hours on both, the only problem is that there is some kind of noob friendly car-flip recovery (it's like ultra easy to not flip a car, or if you do, tu put it back quicky) that sometimes give an impression that the physics are inferior to GTA IV car ones, when in fact they are far superior if you except that aspect. It give a false impression on mass transfert (that was too extreme on gta IV in comparison)

RyanBurnsRed

Didn't they also claim improved AI but the cops and enemies are all still ex-SEAL Team Six members?

ryanburnsred.gif

PhillBellic

I'll be installing modified handling into the game, for sure.

The handling is one thing. What about the utter buzzkill/immersion breaker of hitting a wall at 60+mph and only having a few scratches to show for it?

Hopefully the modders get on the car damage stuff asap. It's great to have the ability to mod on pc and there seems to be so many talented people doing it for little or no personal gain. Fair play to them. if the damage stuff got sorted i would forever be in the modders debt :)

PhillBellic

The handling is one thing. What about the utter buzzkill/immersion breaker of hitting a wall at 60+mph and only having a few scratches to show for it?

Hopefully the modders get on the car damage stuff asap. It's great to have the ability to mod on pc and there seems to be so many talented people doing it for little or no personal gain. Fair play to them. if the damage stuff got sorted i would forever be in the modders debt :)

Vehicular damage is handled by the same file. :)