2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Mods Online vs Mods Offline (Rockstar Statement)

Nick930930

"The priority for us is maintaining the integrity of GTA Online and making sure that nothing detracts from that experience. We will be working to protect that environment and making sure nothing has a negative effect on the overall community, but we look forward to seeing and hearing about the experiences PC gamers have once the game is in their hands."

Just imagine what the modders will do when they get their hands on this

That was the response from Adam Fowler, Rockstar North's Technical Director, when we probed about mod support for the game. It's an answer that suggests Rockstar might not be clamping down on modders for the offline experience, but will strive to keep Online a hallowed ground.

One of the articles provided this information. Looks like GTAOnline will try and prevent mods while GTAV single player is available for modding.

Edited by Nick930930

I don't really want mods in GTA:online it self but I am hoping for a dedicated servers that can run their own modded back end.

That way GTA:online as it is remains untouched and we still get an interesting online experience from the mod community.

Edited by KageOni

i used to mod the cars from gta 4 into real life cars , but for some reason i dont find that nesseary in gta 5 (yet).

but of course im gonna mod gta singeplayer.

Or mayby they add unranked online lobbys to mod the sh*t out of it

• Like 2

I pre-ordered GTAV because of many DLC's to come, new nice cars and online.

So in this case, f*ck mods ruining the GTA Online for others.

I love using mods but only for Single Player.

Edited by SilverRST

you know theres a different between modding and cheating/hacking , if thats what you mean?

I agree. Mods online suck. I'm glad Rockstar agrees.

I spent a lot of time building my online character.. it would suck if modders ruined the experience and mod me money without me asking or something stupid.

• Like 2

I agree. Mods online suck. I'm glad Rockstar agrees.

I spent a lot of time building my online character.. it would suck if modders ruined the experience and mod me money without me asking or something stupid.

/|\

|

mod the sh*t out of singleplayer but leave gta online alone. I want to be proud of what I got with my character. I've spend hours to buy all the cars I want and I dont want that to be ruind by some 14 year old kid who modded the sh*t out of his gta online and gets lots of money

• Like 1

you know theres a different between modding and cheating/hacking , if thats what you mean?

It still would count as hacking or even cheating when mods are used in multiplayer (of course it depends on the mod and what exactly is changed or added). So yeah, mods in GTA Online are a no go. There will be unofficial MP clients anyways and they can be available there.. in fact I look forward to this.

Yeah i don't want mods ruining multiplayer and neither do rockstar. I'm all for modding and i'd love it if we could get some sort of custom servers with separate data from online. So people could maybe run Altis life-esque mods.

However leaving modding open on official lobbys leaves it open imo. Put it down to rockstar wanting $$$ from cash cards or whatever, but do you really want mods ruining your "official" online gameplay? It would do the opposite of what a mod does for me and decrease the longevity of online.

Edited by Dowls

Well.. mods weren't supposed to happen on the PS3 version of the game either, but they still happened. So that being said.. expect mods to still manage to make their way online. Just be careful out there everyone. If you are given millions of dollars, DON'T USE IT. Either ask Rockstar to remove it, or spend it on garbage and get rid of the garbage ASAP.

Ugh.. I hope those dumb ferris wheels don't return.

Yes mods will never be allowed for Online. Maybe only like an addon that let's say it displays the clock.

Think of Online like a MMO. In WoW the only "mods" you can have are interface addons but nothing that changes the gameplay

Death_Blade

I don't really want mods in GTA:online it self but I am hoping for a dedicated servers that can run their own modded back end.

That way GTA:online as it is remains untouched and we still get an interested online experience from the mod community.

I would love for this to happen, but it never will. Games are stuck with this sh*tty p2p based server system now thanks to consoles. They would have to entirely reprogram the multiplayer from scratch to support dedicated player run servers in a ported game. They work from the console version to create the PC version. It would unfortunately just take too much time and resources to accomplish this. The best we can get are complete multiplayer mods like SA-MP and MTA. I remember hearing someone already had one in the works for V, but I havent heard anything about it for quite a while.

That way GTA:online as it is remains untouched and we still get an interested online experience from the mod community.

Give%2BThat%2Bman%2Ba%2BMedal.jpg

Edited by podyx
  • Like 2

Well, I think it's a breath of fresh air to have a major developer approve mods for offline use. Quite why other major devs have the same opinion I just don't know. It's pretty safe to say the majority of PC gamers mod their game(s) in some way or another; and it's also pretty safe to assume that those GTA V players returning from 360/PS3/Xone/PS4 will purchase this version with a view to mod it somewhere down the line. It's a big consumer base, and locking all of those files up making it impossible to mod would kill sales. That's one of the many reasons why I haven't brought DoA Last Round on PC. Thanks to the modding community of GTA IV and the creator of the first person camera hack; I doubt we

would have ever seen first person in a GTA game.

• Like 1

Deceitful-Fox

Oh I'm sure they'll try... I give it two months before someone finds a workaround.

Very good statement. Mods in SP are ok, but modding Online is just cheating. I hope cheaters will enjoy VACation :)

• Like 1

Like a lot of people i also want mods for gta offline and at the same time i really hope they have a way to avoid hack / mods online, but for some reason i'm sure losers will find a way to annoy people ...

There's guys already working on a modded dedicated server allowance, so in time it could happen. But for now the peer-to-peer server sh*t is the only way it'll happen.

"The priority for us is maintaining the integrity of GTA Online and making sure that nothing detracts from that experience. We will be working to protect that environment and making sure nothing has a negative effect on the overall community, but we look forward to seeing and hearing about the experiences PC gamers have once the game is in their hands."
Just imagine what the modders will do when they get their hands on this
That was the response from Adam Fowler, Rockstar North's Technical Director, when we probed about mod support for the game. It's an answer that suggests Rockstar might not be clamping down on modders for the offline experience, but will strive to keep Online a hallowed ground.
One of the articles provided this information. Looks like GTAOnline will try and prevent mods while GTAV single player is available for modding.

its pretty clear no mods on R public servers

but its totally bullsh*t what we need two same games which 65gb each other as our solution

There's guys already working on a modded dedicated server gamemode, so in time it could happen. But for now the peer-to-peer server sh*t is the only way Online is happening.

Well that will be hard to do without having 2 separate directories. If I replace Dukes with a Charger, it will also appear Online. And since it will have it`s own shape and maybe even handling how will that work when I switch to Online?

Well that will be hard to do without having 2 separate directories. If I replace Dukes with a Charger, it will also appear Online. And since it will have it`s own shape and maybe even handling how will that work when I switch to Online?

but they ignored this...

gta4 files system on the way! :rampage:

If there were dedicated servers to modding, I'd like that. On IV's online, I used to chill with my mates and we'd have the LCPD First Response mod installed.That mod was so much better with mates, especially if you arsed about when your mate was trying to be a decent police officer. Lol, I kept pistol whipping this NPC my mate was trying to interrogate, iirc.

Either way, I'm glad we can mod the singleplayer game. Turning off wanted levels will be my first choice after I've completed the story. :/

If there were dedicated servers to modding, I'd like that. On IV's online, I used to chill with my mates and we'd have the LCPD First Response mod installed.That mod was so much better with mates, especially if you arsed about when your mate was trying to be a decent police officer. Lol, I kept pistol whipping this NPC my mate was trying to interrogate, iirc.

Either way, I'm glad we can mod the singleplayer game. Turning off wanted levels will be my first choice after I've completed the story. :/

then just type -''LEAVEMEALONE''

Well I am buying the game for single player ONLY.... not stupid online crap!

So I can cheat/mod as much as I want and not annoy anyone.

The mods are what makes the PC version worth getting...without SP Mods, I would say screw it!

Well I am buying the game for single player ONLY.... not stupid online crap!

So I can cheat/mod as much as I want and not annoy anyone.

The mods are what makes the PC version worth getting...without SP Mods, I would say screw it!

Gta online adds a whole new world to gta 5. It's amazing.

Anyway. Gta-mp.net is a gta 5 multiplayer client for dedicated servers. They are already working on it and expect it to release this summer.

Mods in online = cheaters. I hate cheaters in online games!

Wut. I want to mod out the sh*t hairstyles and replace them with new ones. How is that cheating?