2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA Online - Will it be playable on day one?

GamerFromHolland

GamerFromHolland

So, I know I will be playing GTA V on Thursday, since I'm on a school trip, but i'm wondering; will GTA Online be playable on day one (or the whole week)?

Since so many people have bought it, will it create to much lag online it will become unplayable?

What do you guys think?

No. Give me one game that had excellent online service on day 1

Tibia

Probably not , but i dlnt really care since im gonna spend the first few days to play the story mode and get amazed( i hope) by the graphics

I don't think so, anyway I don't care, I'm gonna play SP for first week

RedIndianRobin

Nope. Servers will definitely go down for the first few days.

SausageTaste

If the server is fine.

But i doubt it will be.

Edited by SausageTaste

RetardOfTheYear

If I judge by the incredible hard time I've had to download the game on steam (with 15x download speed drop every now and then) , I would say it's gonna be a massive server overload come the 14th. I know it was steam server problem in this case, but I'm sure it will be similar if not worse.

So I would risk no it wouldn't be playable.

all these people saying "servers" LMAO it will be sh*tty p2p setup you just wait

Uncle Sikee Atric

....undecided with the answer for this one....

If they ain't runing for the first few days, sp will do fine. Hopefully things should have settled down by the weekend.

MOaRJRr.jpg

Expect a lot of "My game runs like sh*t." and "I can't log into GTA Online." topics in this forum on the day of release.

Yeah, lol.

I managed to get in when GTA Online was originally launched. Had like no probs, except I raced Lamar on my own the first time.

I'm just a bit leery because I want to transfer my character over, but what if something goes wrong? Heard a lot of horror stories during the original launch where characters/progress was deleted because things were buggy. Back then, you had to anticipate launching Online and finding your character gone.

Shadowfennekin

Assuming you can get the game download on day 1, I think so. It was like that for NG wasn't it?

all these people saying "servers" LMAO it will be sh*tty p2p setup you just wait

It actually does depend on Rockstar servers.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246--Updated-March-12-2015-GTA-Online-Status-Latest-Updates-

If the Social Club is down, then GTA Online is down because GTA: Online is handled via cloud saves.

Expect a lot of "My game runs like sh*t." and "I can't log into GTA Online." topics in this forum on the day of release.

Also this. I can't wait for "my gt610 can't run gta f*ck u rockstar make bad p0rt hurr durr" threads.

We will be lucky if we are able to login to the RGSC to launch our game, I even think the Steam version require a login to RGSC (unless they use a different way to allow character transfer) and if the servers are overloaded, we may have serious problems even to launch the game in Single Player, that is cause of the DRM that will check every month (if I've heard right about it) if our game is legit or not, guess when will be the first check, drum roll, on day of the release (of course that makes sense) We'll see if the servers are able to handle that, I'll be there waiting at 4am (official release time is Midnight PST so 4AM for Montreal/New York area), and I'll start a timer to see how much time it takes me to download the required day one patch and be finally able to launch the game

Edited by McDodge34

RedIndianRobin

Also this. I can't wait for "my gt610 can't run gta f*ck u rockstar make bad p0rt hurr durr" threads.

More like, "my gtx 660 can't run this on high settings f*ck you rockstar make bad port hurr durr".

Edited by RedIndianRobin

There aren't nearly as many PC gamers playing GTAV as there are console gamers, so there are better chances the server won't crash.

That being said, it' s likely the first day or so will have so many new users, the servers will be a mess.

RedIndianRobin

There aren't nearly as many PC gamers playing GTAV as there are console gamers, so there are better chances the server won't crash.

That being said, it' s likely the first day or so will have so many new users, the servers will be a mess.

There will be definitely more players than CG version.

i don't even know if i'll try to play online day one, it was a disaster on old gen and new gen so i'm 90% sure it will be the same with PC

I'd say no. It will probably be playable for those lucky few who went Online before anyone else, but at some point thousands of people will probably try to join a server at the same time which might cause some issues I guess (and R* might also shut the servers down temporarily for some quick-fix or whatever). Luckily I don't think I will be one of those people though, since I'll be starting off with single player. :p

There will be definitely more players than CG version.

Maybe. We don't really have stats to base these assumptions off of though :/

i don't even know if i'll try to play online day one, it was a disaster on old gen and new gen so i'm 90% sure it will be the same with PC

I don't recall it being that big a disaster on new gen. The heist release was a disaster, but the actual game release didn't have nearly as many issues.

Edited by Nick930930