2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Would you like vehicles to run out of gas?

Running out of gas in vehicles   

250 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like vehicles to run out of gas?

• Yes, It would be a welcome addition to the game
    • No, leave it as it is.
    • Other

If I remember correctly Rockstar said before the release of GTA 5 and Online they said that cars and vehicles in GTA will run out of gas, and need refueling. Now with the new PS4/xbox one version of the game I was just testing out a car and I shot the gas tank and then the gas came gushing out, and I was actuality surprised to find that the fuel dial in the car stated to go down and the after 4-5 minutes the engine cut out and ran out of gas... so that got me thinking, as the title says, do you think that Rockstar will enable engines to run out of gas and then we will have to fill them up at gas stations?

What are your thoughts on this? :)

Edited by Guest

Umm... I don't want to break down in the middle of a road while being chased by angry Ballas, so... No thanks.

• Like 2

NO, C*ckstar would make it $100 a gallon (not from the us do not know measurement) and it would give them another excuse to force shark cards unto you. They would probably add fuel efficiency upgrades (even more money) and make you pay for premium fuel for sports cars (even more money) also there aren't enough gas stations in los santos they are spread far and wide around the map.

• Like 2

I think it would be a grea tfeature and would make the gas stations useful.

It should be quite real, so no gas tanking everyday. more every 1000 miles or something like that.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Not really.. especially for free roam. Hell no!

But I really liked how Mafia 2 did things. Cars staying messed up in your garage unless you took it to the shop.. periodic gas depleting.. damn.. I still haven't finished Joe's Adventures.. Damn you PS3 generation!!

• Like 2

1. NO, C*ckstar would make it $100 a gallon (I'm not from the US I do not know how you guys measure petrol) and it would give them another excuse to force shark cards on you.
  2. There aren't enough gas stations in los Santos they are spread far and wide around the map.
  3. What if a troll blew up all the gas station or robbed them? you would be left stranded with a 10 car garage full of cars with no gas.
  4. The travel time on some heists is insanely long so you could run out of fuel that way.
  5. if some one shot my engine making it leak fuel after I had just spent money refuelling it I would be angry.

English isn't my first language sorry for bad Grammar

TL;DR: it would be a waste of money and a f*cking headache

• Like 2

heycorcverseneborc

It must be added as well as able to roll up or down the vehicle's windows , able to open the hood and the trunk , able to use turning singals , able to change tyres , manuel shifting , kmh or mph indicator also without in first person mode , etc....

• Like 2

Yes 'cause supers would be f*cked. Even better if someone was reversing in one only to stop before they got a good aim on you.

• Like 1

Just another thought, maybe we could use the jerry cans to fill up the car also, and then that could last for one in game week which is about 8 hours 20 minutes in real time...

I think it'd be good for them to add it in, but have it so you can have it on or off. Therefore giving it that bit more realism. Me personally wouldn't want to have to keep going for petrol. Especially when we have like three garages full of cars. Would have to make sure they're all topped up and sh*t, a lot of effort.

I think it'd be good for them to add it in, but have it so you can have it on or off. Therefore giving it that bit more realism. Me personally wouldn't want to have to keep going for petrol. Especially when we have like three garages full of cars. Would have to make sure they're all topped up and sh*t, a lot of effort.

so pretty much they should make it like the car wash? useless but optional and operational.

Edited by SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

so pretty much they should make it like the car wash? useless but optional and operational.

Yeah pretty much, just gives that extra real feeling doesn't it.

However, I couldn't help but think, you'd sit there filling your car up and someone would just blow the whole place up for fun.

• Like 1

WickedSick.1337

No it is not a good idea

Sometimes u should create a game with rules are not like nature just for playing better

As long as any car I take from my garage automatically have a full tank then yes. Street cars could have a limited supply but then you would have the problem of trolls proximity mining all the pumps for cheap kills.

Nah, no gas limit for me thanks - some things should be kept simple.

Unless I can hijack a gas tanker, keep it stored in a personal barn up in Paleto Bay and stock up for free...

Actually, now that I think of it.. I know that this will never happen but it'd be cool if they give us Nitrous oxide, let us activate it like any special ability while driving and let us only refill at gas stations. Grants you a one time use in races as well (again, will never happen.. we don't even get to use KERS in races).. I think that'd be cool.

senormidget

Maybe in single player, definitely not in GTA Online.

Actually, now that I think of it.. I know that this will never happen but it'd be cool if they give us Nitrous oxide, let us activate it like any special ability while driving and let us only refill at gas stations. Grants you a one time use in races as well (again, will never happen.. we don't even get to use KERS in races).. I think that'd be cool.

This actually did happen, there was a way to put nitrous on your cars via the save editor for a short time. R* patched it out though because fun is against the rules.

I'd love to see it come back, I wouldn't even mind if it couldn't be used in races.

Edited by senormidget

prestonchan

NO, C*ckstar would make it $100 a gallon (not from the us do not know measurement) and it would give them another excuse to force shark cards unto you. They would probably add fuel efficiency upgrades (even more money) and make you pay for premium fuel for sports cars (even more money) also there aren't enough gas stations in los santos they are spread far and wide around the map.

so you need to buy a shark card because you are GTA$100 short?

Christ no. You'd never find a gas station that wasn't carpeted with prox mines and stickies.

MeatSafeMurderer

so you need to buy a shark card because you are GTA$100 short?

That was a typo...they meant to type $1,000,000 a gallon :p

Wow a totally original idea on how to make gtao more realistic....

Yup sarcasm.

This dumb sh*t was suggested a lot in the beginning, you can always tell the people who don't use the search or late comers.

Edited by TreFacTor

Christ no. You'd never find a gas station that wasn't carpeted with prox mines and stickies.

And luckily 'Give Money' feature has been removed.

Imagine how many pirates in Insurgent and Tank would be holding a gas station and ask you to give the leader 500,000k before letting you in.

Since I'm a Invite Only lurker, I wouldn't have any problem with that, but just imagine though..

prototypetom

if your garage had tank and was refilled with your other living costs - so returning to your garage refuelled your cars as well as gas stations....

then yes, i think it would make the game more interesting and fun.

It would mean while using your own cars you might only rarely need to think about refueling if you're always in the same car. And if you do run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere the mechanic would be called to bring a new (fully fuelled) vehicle.

what i would particularly like is to find cars that you steal having varying amounts of fuel at random. at the moment the apathetic consequences of car crime pretty dull - this would give me a new subtle dynamic to deal with.

Edited by prototypetom
  • Like 1

Would be cool in story mode maybe. But online no. There's plenty gas stations in LS. Just they would just be the new troll spots. Like LS customs. Can't get your car re sprayed until you have cleared out or sneak past lurkers hanging around to try something like blow up your car or get a kill.

CrysisAverted

All you f*ckers hating cuz you be driving gas guzzling turds

Voltic master rice

nqLcGwG.jpgVasvI3V.jpg

Edited by CrysisAverted

As stated by many more above, gasstations would become a paradise for trolls and griefers...

Would be cool for cars picked up on the street, but your PV's should not be affected by this.

All you f*ckers hating cuz you be driving gas guzzling turds

Voltic master rice

nqLcGwG.jpgVasvI3V.jpg

The electric cars would just run out of charge instead.
  • Like 2