2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What happens once the cd-key arrives? (torrent pre-load)

topeira

warning - silly questions ahead:

i torrented the pre-load from a cd key site (bought the key from the site which allows to get a torrent of the pre-load that R* supplied the website).
the torrent was 54GB and had a setup.exe file.

the file installed the pre-load into my e:\games\gtav folder and now its 55GB and it has a GTAVLauncher.exe and a PlayGTAV.exe.

if i run the launcher i get the social club screen where i need to enter the key.... which i havent got yet.

my question is -
once i get the key (hopefully by email at about the 13th or something) and enter it into the RGSC launcher - what's next?

because i read others have the pre-load files be around 60GB while the game is supposed to be 65GB...

so will the launcher continue downloading MORE files once i activate it? am i missing something?
does anyone have any idea?....

Have a nice vacation sir!

Torrents aren't against the rules, they're a legitimate way to download files.

He never said he downloaded the full game, he said he downloaded the preload setup, which is widely available and completely legal.

i did nothing illegal. this is simply how the web site handles it's preload.
it gives you two options -

1) wait for the key on the 14th or 13th and enter it in RGSC and start preloading then. or

2) use their legal torrent and start DLing the pre-load via torrent.

this is what the website say in it's key-receiving page:

We are happy to announce that GTA V is now available to pre-load! Since the pre-load for this game is very large, the publisher (Rockstar) has agreed to provide CJS CD Keys with the official game pre-load files in advance, so we can distribute the pre-load to our customers via our own means.

Just before the game's release, your unique activation code will appear at the bottom of this page, which will allow you to activate the game, at which point your pre-load files will automatically decrypt and install.

These pre-load distribution files are legal and official, directly from Rockstar. Unfortunately CJS lack the server capacity to serve the pre-load to all users via our own servers & software, so we have decided to distribute the pre-load files via torrent, which is an easy and popular way to distribute large files.

Please rest assured, these are genuine, official, and legal game pre-load files provided to us by the game publisher. We ask that you do not share these files with anyone who has not purchased a legal license to the game.

You will need a free Torrent program to open the 'torrent' file. We recommend Utorrent.

Please note that pre-loading via torrent is optional. If you do not wish to pre-load now or via torrent, you can also enter your CD Key into Rockstar Social Club when your key arrives, which will grant you to an official download of the game from Rockstar, but please bear in mind that you won't receive your key until just before the release date, giving you less time to pre-load the game.

YOUR ACTIVATION KEY:

No keys are currently stored on our online system for this game. The admins have been notified of this, and will replenish the keys within 12 hours! You will be notified by email when the keys have been replenished and are ready for collection! If you are trying to collect a pre-order key for a game that has not been released yet, then you can expect Autokey to be replenished approximately 2 days before the release date of the game.

so, in any case - does anyone know the answer to my questions in my original post?

Edited by topeira

RyanBurnsRed

my question is -

once i get the key (hopefully by email at about the 13th or something) and enter it into the RGSC launcher - what's next?

because i read others have the pre-load files be around 60GB while the game is supposed to be 65GB...

so will the launcher continue downloading MORE files once i activate it? am i missing something?

Once you get your key then I think Social Club will download the rest of the files for you and you'll be good to go.

ryanburnsred.gif

1) wait for the key on the 14th or 13th and enter it in RGSC and start preloading then. or

We are happy to announce that GTA V is now available to pre-load! Since the pre-load for this game is very large, the publisher (Rockstar) has agreed to provide CJS CD Keys with the official game pre-load files in advance, so we can distribute the pre-load to our customers via our own means.

Just before the game's release, your unique activation code will appear at the bottom of this page, which will allow you to activate the game, at which point your pre-load files will automatically decrypt and install.

These pre-load distribution files are legal and official, directly from Rockstar. Unfortunately CJS lack the server capacity to serve the pre-load to all users via our own servers & software, so we have decided to distribute the pre-load files via torrent, which is an easy and popular way to distribute large files.

Please rest assured, these are genuine, official, and legal game pre-load files provided to us by the game publisher. We ask that you do not share these files with anyone who has not purchased a legal license to the game.

***** CLICK HERE TO PRE-LOAD GTA V *****

You will need a free Torrent program to open the 'torrent' file. We recommend [/size]Utorrent.[/size]

Please note that pre-loading via torrent is optional. If you do not wish to pre-load now or via torrent, you can also enter your CD Key into Rockstar Social Club when your key arrives, which will grant you to an official download of the game from Rockstar, but please bear in mind that you won't receive your key until just before the release date, giving you less time to pre-load the game.[/size]

What kind of shady website is that lol? Buy it from steam and you;re done with it...
Edited by R.F.

***** CLICK HERE TO PRE-LOAD GTA V *****

You will need a free Torrent program to open the 'torrent' file. We recommend [/size]Utorrent.[/size]

Please note that pre-loading via torrent is optional. If you do not wish to pre-load now or via torrent, you can also enter your CD Key into Rockstar Social Club when your key arrives, which will grant you to an official download of the game from Rockstar, but please bear in mind that you won't receive your key until just before the release date, giving you less time to pre-load the game.[/size]

What kind of shady website is that lol? Buy it from steam and you;re done with it...

What kind of shady avatar do you have? Just use normal avatar and you're done with it. Who cares what or how he paid for game. At least he bought it.

Edited by r34ld34l

What are you talking about m9?

Edited by R.F.
  • Like 2

Any site that endorses UTorrent should given a wide berth. After it installed a bitcoin miner onto people's PC's, I wouldn't trust it.

RedIndianRobin

warning - silly questions ahead:

i torrented the pre-load from a cd key site (bought the key from the site which allows to get a torrent of the pre-load that R* supplied the website).

the torrent was 54GB and had a setup.exe file.

the file installed the pre-load into my e:\games\gtav folder and now its 55GB and it has a GTAVLauncher.exe and a PlayGTAV.exe.

if i run the launcher i get the social club screen where i need to enter the key.... which i havent got yet.

my question is -

After the key is entered, you'll have access to play the game. :)

Have a nice vacation sir!

Torrent is not illegal. It's a legitimate and a fast way to get access to large files.

well, everybody that pre-ordered through steam or rockstar warehouse already has their key, i know I do

maybe you have been tricked into buying a phantom key :panic:

well, everybody that pre-ordered through steam or rockstar warehouse already has their key, i know I do

Not all stores handout the keys. I have bought one with a reliable store in the netherlands and they will give it next monday. Because i think i can not download it so quick that i can start when the game goes live i use this torrent too. When i get the code monday i have the download allready and can start right away when the game goes live.

i think the keys they deliver are from boxed versions of the game. i think they will recieve their boxes a day or two before release, open them, scan the keys and mail them to whoever bought them.

if i wanted i could have waited for them to unbox and send the key next week and then use the key to DL the preload from RGSC like most ppl. but that would take too long and be right at launch and i wanted to DL the preload so i used their torrent version. it took longer to DL (about 12 hours) but who cares? its not like i could play sooner.

the website in question is this one:

http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-CD-Key-%28Digital-Download%29.html

i got my pre load through steam, not got a key yet..................what gives here?

A key has been assigned to you. It will be automatically applied to your R* Social Club Account and entered when you launch the game at release. It's all automatic. You just can't view the key yet like those who bought it from the Warehouse can.

Intel i5-4590 3.3GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI Z97 G-45
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD and Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD | Audioengine A2 Speakers
Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire | Corsair M65 Mouse | Fractal Design R5 Case | EVGA G2 850W
Audio-Technica M50x Headphones and Sennheiser HD 558 | LG 34UC88 1440p Ultrawide Curved Monitor

MarshallRawR

I highly, highly doubt Rockstar agreed to create a torrent for a third party reseller, which is not (as far as I know) even an authorized one.

Edited by MarshallRawR

I highly, highly doubt Rockstar agreed to create a torrent for a third party reseller, which is not (as far as I know) even an authorized one.

Why would they care? (And why would the shop lie?)

I downloaded it this way. It is installed and is waiting until i have the code from the shop where i bought it.

It is not pirated, it is just one of the ways you can get the preloaded data, you still need the code to start.

/edit: i got the code today (Hooray) i activated it and it worked perfectley with this torrentdownload, i had to download 10 GB extra... now i have a nice countdown on my screen :D

Edited by Wybo76

ummm what. People are DL a torrent version?

Enjoy your paperweight when youre PC is turned into a slave -.-

I should just upload one now with a logger in it and steal all the accounts of the people that use this dodgy method

RyanBurnsRed

I should just upload one now with a logger in it and steal all the accounts of the people that use this dodgy method

AOwbu2T.jpg

I'm worried for the future of the human race......please do not reproduce under any circumstances.

• Like 7

ryanburnsred.gif

AOwbu2T.jpg

I'm worried for the future of the human race......please do not reproduce under any circumstances.

but I have to hand my botnet on to someone when Im on my way out LMAO.

like it or not this is the risk you run when you torrent anything

AOwbu2T.jpg

but I have to hand my botnet on to someone when Im on my way out LMAO.

like it or not this is the risk you run when you torrent anything

Not if you have an IQ above 90

• Like 4

My God. torrents are not risky because they are torrents, but because of the source. If the source is good and you can check that, a torrent is as safe as a download of a server.

3032452b419f1e41fe5ad5f6cb7fa1304c8575dd

• Like 3

RedIndianRobin

57577432.jpg

Your IQ is 0 I guess?

• Like 3

Barrett_killz

People are somehow brainwashed that everything related to torrents is pirating and illegal and stuff like that. Some retailers (especially CIS region) receive GTA V keys (and not only for this game) 1 day before release or on release itself.

Because they can't give the keys for pre-loading to their customers, some retailers offer them to download the game before they receive the key using a torrent downloader (UTorrent, BitTorrent, etc).

They download, install the game and wait for the key. When the retailer offers the GTA V key, customer activates it and plays the game day one. Simple.

By the way, that installer will require another ~10GB of download when you enter the key.

Edited by Barrett_killz
  • Like 1

Geeteeaifive

torrents are perfectly legal. And in this case it takes some load off rockstar steam servers ect.

yea. my installed game is indeed missing a lot of gigas.... :(

i kinda hoped that when the game comes out i can play it immedietly. i will have very little free time on the 14th till 18th and if there is so much stress on R* servers than these 10GBs will take long time to DL and waste the little time i have...

good thing i preloaded via the torrent. it seems to work so far...

Those who preload from torrents do you check whether it contains social club,directx,chromium installation files. I checked the files on a torrent and it is missing these installers.

Those who preload from torrents do you check whether it contains social club,directx,chromium installation files. I checked the files on a torrent and it is missing these installers.

my preload via torrent had some CAB files and a setup.exe file, if i remember correctly.

after clicking the setup file i got to install the game to my d:\games\gtav folder along with directx and social club.

now i have a folder with a launcher file which brings up the social club program that asks me for a key.

all seems really legit so far.

i just hope the key will arrive on time.