2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

How About This: Heist Leaders- STOP putting setups on hard with random

JohnMcClainNYPD

JohnMcClainNYPD

Suggestion for Heist leaders:

Stop putting setups on hard with random people you have never played with.

For heist leaders there is absolutely no incentive to put the setups on hard when playing with people they don't know. I'd rather play it once or twice and get some cash and advance to the next setup rather than play the SAME setup for over an hour and accomplish NOTHING. Put that s**t on easy for all I care as long as you invite me to the next setup.

Leave the hard setting for the final heist, drop the dead weights and invite some ppl from your friends list that produce.

I'm only putting this out there because I enjoy jumping into people's setups but not having to do them over and over with no results. I'm NOT dictating how anyone should play. Just suggesting.

Edited by JohnMcClainNYPD

How about not telling people how to play?

I've completed all heists on two different characters with not one mission containing the same squad. In the process made 4 new friends.

How about. I'll set it to how I like if you have a problem with that, leave.

Seriously dude. I get the frustration but trying to dictate how others are going to play will end badly

JohnMcClainNYPD

Seriously dude. I get the frustration but trying to dictate how others are going to play will end badly

It's obviously a suggestion. I'm just pointing out that putting setups on hard with random people generally helps no one. I think a lot of people don't realize this. Unfortunely the ones that need to read this are not on the forums.

• Like 2

It's obviously a suggestion. I'm just pointing out that putting setups on hard with random people generally helps no one. I think a lot of people don't realize this. Unfortunely the ones that need to hear it are not of the forums.

Sorry, just seems like a very aggressive suggestion. I agree, though most do it for the extra money and RP. Sadly the ones that desperately need to see something are never on the forums

Your right JohnMcClainNYPD, there isn't much of a point on playing on hard. Makes it easier on random people and yourself, much quicker also. Not much of a cash difference. People don't think of the long run, just like a lot of other decisions.

I believe any suggestions on gta forum is hated on. I agree op, I just started doing easy setups myself with Pacific Standard with randoms and then do the final heist on the weekend with my friends. Works out great.

• Like 1

Shadowfennekin

A lot of missions can be set to hard no problem. You just have to protect the idiots.

Some like Trash Truck..... sure, set that to Normal. It's annoying when somebody dies when you're almost done.

I only join things set to Hard since that extra 5-8 K will be useful, and I can use some explosives if necessary without losing most my pay.

JohnMcClainNYPD

A lot of missions can be set to hard no problem. You just have to protect the idiots.

yep.. seems like a lot of setup missions I'm rushing to do it all before someone dies for no reason.

Strange Town

I get your concern but I get pissed when missions when there's no problem of someone dying are set to normal or easy. Like the Deliver EMP, Fleeca Jobs, Pacific Standard - Vans

• Like 2

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

everyone has their own demands. in the end, if someone leaves its because his demands weren't met in one way or another.. whether it be he didn't get the job he wanted, someone didn't ride in their car, they're not happy with 15% cut, etc.

as I recall, someone on this board requested that heist leaders stop starting the game as soon as they quick join. He further went onto saying that he doesn't like when heist leaders do that because he doesn't want to play a heist on normal or below.

Its good that we have so many options in GTAO.. but they mean nothing when people have their own opinions and play styles, couple that together with VERY VERY low communication in between players.

• Like 3

It's best to play with friends, it's easier to communicate in the decision making and strategy planning. Doing it with randoms feels like just another mission. Btw, why wont you just be a Heist leader and put it to your difficulty comfort-ability?

JohnMcClainNYPD

It's best to play with friends, it's easier to communicate in the decision making and strategy planning. Doing it with randoms feels like just another mission. Btw, why wont you just be a Heist leader and put it to your difficulty comfort-ability?

I do. but I also like to jump into other people's setups and help out. I think a lot of people put it on hard because that makes the most sense when playing a contact mission, so they do what they've always done.

• Like 2

Sometimes people just want more without seeing if the risk is worth it or not.

I mean, there are even players who die in the Pacific Heist as soon as the demolition breaks the first door. How would this kind of player even survive in combat anyway..

• Like 2

Flyinghighaero

Personally I like when host set it on hard more money for me, I leave if it is set on easy or normal. But if a low lovel (<50) joins I will be fine with normal. If a host want to play it on hard, kick low levels. No offense on them but most of the setups lack covers and stray bullet will kill you.

I see lots of higher level with me back grinding contact mission after all the hype from the heist is over. What I think R* should bump the payout for setups to be a bit higher than contact since setups takes a bit longer and often does not have lives. It's simply not worth the frustration in doing setups with the current pay.

Damn this is actually a really good suggestion. I wasn't here from the beginning so Idk what he wrote initially because it has now been edited but this is actually pretty good advice since the heists are replayable.

Idk why it was hit with so much backlash. Do people like spending over an hour failing the same setup over and over? I don't get it.

• Like 2

Is this The Guy?

So you get the same money playing normal and hard?

Is there an easy setting?

JohnMcClainNYPD

Damn this is actually a really good suggestion. I wasn't here from the beginning so Idk what he wrote initially because it has now been edited but this is actually pretty good advice since the heists are replayable.

Idk why it was hit with so much backlash. Do people like spending over an hour failing the same setup over and over? I don't get it.

I included the word 'suggestion' and also the sentence about not trying to dictate other people's games. Guess I came off a bit harsh which was not my objective.

Uses the imperative, then says he isn't dictating... Yes you are telling how others should play, at least be honest about it.

Murciélago

f*ck your suggestion. If you can't handle the setup on hard, you're probably a low level.

JohnMcClainNYPD

Uses the imperative, then says he isn't dictating... Yes you are telling how others should play, at least be honest about it.

How about this: If you don't follow my suggestion and we end up doing the same setup 5 times, I'm going to think you wasted a lot of time.

But for all I know that might have been your objective all along ;)

Honestly who plays on other than hard? It's too easy even on hard. For a very long time I've been mentioning the extreme difficulty. Missions and heists are too easy to not be playing on hard. And whos bright idea wa to make it so if one dies all fail. I could do a lot of the setups and heists solo.

Edited by WalterS_LV

JohnMcClainNYPD

Honestly who plays on other than hard? It's too easy even on hard. For a very long time I've been mentioning the extreme difficulty. Missions and heists are too east to not be playing on hard.

yes for you and me. :D

I agree with your suggestion OP, make's things go smoother with randoms. I did the same as heist leader, normal setting and gave the crew 25% people try hard when there's incentive. By the way cool video's on your youtube channel, subbed.

• Like 1

I like joining random Heist missions on Hard, with randoms of course. It gives me good practice for when/if I finally attempt the Criminal Mastermind Challenge. If I can pass these missions with randoms, then doing them with friends should be a breeze.

• Like 2

hornedturtle

There are alot of good randoms out their....in free aim at least. Doing it on hard prepares you better for the final heist.

How about this: If you don't follow my suggestion and we end up doing the same setup 5 times, I'm going to think you wasted a lot of time.

But for all I know that might have been your objective all along ;)

how about if i don't follow your suggestion and we end up doing the same setup 5 times, i'm going to think you're incompetent. I exclusively play with randoms since most people my age don't play videogames and most randoms aren't that bad or trolling. This forum likes to exaggerate a lot. I too have met people who think they're Rambo and fail the mission. You think that would be any different on easy? Easy and hard are the same except for teamlives. The problem isn't the diffuculty but some players not thinking and just rushing through it.

Obviously playing on hard makes you better lmao but not everyone's head is in the game as theyre playing. A lot of people have sh*t going on in the back while they play and they're just not 100% focused. From crying babies to annoying siblings to agroing girlfriends. Idk about you guys but when I play, most of the time it's quiet and 95% of the time im focused and I actually care about the outcome of the situation.

Edited by xLuCx
  • Like 1

AceThaCreator

Or you could make some friends(not that hard) and do heists only with them, this goes for anyone who complains for not having anyone to play heists with.