2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Hour to start playing on April 14th?

Dx2words

So at the release day at what hour we will be able to play the game? 12AM? 12 PM? or 12PM on April 13th...somebody with experience on steam knows more or less how this works?

If I'm not mistaken it starts at 8pm EST

You're mistaken.

That is the time that the RSC version unlocks if their countdown is correct.

The Steam version is a different beast and may not unlock at the same time. Its possible, sure, but its not a guarantee.

Hopefully Rockstar will clarify soon the Steam unlock time, but we can't say for certain that it'll be the same as the RSC time.

You're mistaken.

The Steam version is a different beast and may not unlock at the same time. Its possible, sure, but its not a guarantee.

Hopefully Rockstar will clarify soon the Steam unlock time, but we can't say for certain that it'll be the same as the RSC time.

Sorry to be this way but I feel the necessity to correct you.

Rockstar can and is capable of unlocking the game for both clients/programs/DRM's when they want to, so lets say the RSSC version unlocks at 7PM Est which as of right now it's predicted to, then most likely Rockstar will also unlock it for Steam at the same time, although some people speculate the reason Rockstar doesn't have a countdown on Steam is primarily for this reason, which of course means we will get an early unlock around the 13th instead of the 14th.

I hope what I typed made sense, if not I'm more then willing to explain furthermore.

hmmmm so nobody is sure, I would ask rockstar support but they will answer me like in april 14th 2056

You're mistaken.

Sorry to be this way but I feel the necessity to correct you.

Rockstar can and is capable of unlocking the game for both clients/programs/DRM's when they want to, so lets say the RSSC version unlocks at 7PM Est which as of right now it's predicted to, then most likely Rockstar will also unlock it for Steam at the same time, although some people speculate the reason Rockstar doesn't have a countdown on Steam is primarily for this reason, which of course means we will get an early unlock around the 13th instead of the 14th.

I hope what I typed made sense, if not I'm more then willing to explain furthermore.

I dont disagree with anything you said. I know that Rockstar control the release time. I've said the same thing in other posts on the Steam thread. I personally think that exactly what you said is going to happen is what will. It makes perfect sense for them to release at the same time for all, including Steam owners, which means yes, those of us in EST will have the game Monday evening.

However, everything we agree on only is possible but not for certain. "Most likely" doesnt mean will. No one can say without question that the Steam version will unlock at the same time. It seems the most logical thing to do, but its just not a guarantee. Its also possible that the Steam version is a staggered midnight, meaning it unlocks in each region at midnight. Which would actually have it out earlier than RSC in places like parts of Europe, Asia, and Australia.

Until we hear for certain that the Steam version is being released at the same time or until that time hits, we really don't know right now.

Edited by oaoso

hmmmm so nobody is sure, I would ask rockstar support but they will answer me like in april 14th 2056

Well yeah nobody has a definite answer as of now, but apparently there were reports from the RSSC setup that the count-down goes all the way to April 13th 7:00PM EST or 11PM GMT.

So me personally I'm going to rely on that countdown and hope that it's right.

Its been asked already.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203159958-GTA-V-Steam-unlock-time

Ignore the answers as none are from R*, but upvote the question with the arrow keys and hopefully it gets answered. Someone posted this link on Reddit earlier today.

Its been asked already.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203159958-GTA-V-Steam-unlock-time

Ignore the answers as none are from R*, but upvote the question with the arrow keys and hopefully it gets answered. Someone posted this link on Reddit earlier today.

done it.

I heard 23:00 GMT April 13th but maybe it just was some bullsh*tter

Its just someone assuming it will be the same time as the RSC release. Its not necessarily bullsh*t, but the exact Steam unlock time is uncertain. We can only wait for word from Rockstar or that time to know.

If they don't unlock it and the RSC version goes live, the Steam forums will explode with rage and while Ill be disappointed in having to wait, Ill pop some popcorn and enjoy the reading lol

4d 20h 53mins on the countdown screen when i dbl click the .exe short cut thats from the warehouse tho not steam

Edited by xXKomaXx