3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Expected Performance on Min and Recommended Rigs

TheMostKnowledgable

TheMostKnowledgable

Machines at minimum spec are expected to handle GTA V at 800x600 and 20 to 30 frames-per-second - while recommended spec systems should manage 1080p and meet 60fps on medium settings.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/grand-theft-auto-v/hands-on-with-gta-v-on-pc-the-ultimate-port

Edited by TheMostKnowledgable

MarshallRawR

I'm pretty sure this was posted numerous time in the [V] Steam thread.

I would not advise to trust this website though, as far as I know, only the folks from well-known press websites played the press demo.

Edited by MarshallRawR
  • Like 7

GamerFromHolland

I'm pretty sure this was posted numerous time in the [V] Steam thread.

I would not advise to trust this website though, as far as I know, only the folks from well-known press websites played the press demo.

This.

I know you shouldn't expect much from min. reqs, but i'm a bit skeptical about this site saying 20-30 FPS.

Are there other official sites making this statement?

I'm pretty sure a 9800 and intel core 2 with 2.5ghz can run this game on low-med 1080p at around 40-60fps

That rumour of min specs being 800x600 is a joke, those components are obviously dated but they are not bad.An nvidia 9800 and intel core 2 could run battlefield4 at 60frames on med-high

People always HEAVILLY underestimate the performance some components have, if you know what you are doing and turn of some of the options that kill your FPS such as the AA settings and shadow/water detail you will run this game just fine with a pc at min spec and above

Edited by methwow92

GrandTeaRedemption

I'm pretty sure a 9800 and intel core 2 with 2.5ghz can run this game on low-med 1080p at around 40-60fps

That rumour of min specs being 800x600 is a joke, those components are obviously dated but they are not bad.An nvidia 9800 and intel core 2 could run battlefield4 at 60frames on med-high

People always HEAVILLY underestimate the performance some components have, if you know what you are doing and turn of some of the options that kill your FPS such as the AA settings and shadow/water detail you will run this game just fine with a pc at min spec and above

I don't think what you're saying is true.... Even if the game is heavily optimized, it's still open-world and a very demanding game...

I don't think what you're saying is true.... Even if the game is heavily optimized, it's still open-world and a very demanding game...

I agree with you, all I said was that there comments about a 9800 and core 2 running at 800x600 20-30FPS is ridiculous.. those components will be able to run 1080p at 20-30fps low with maybe some med settings if you are lucky.

Thanks I was really worried about it though given the fact that XBO360 can run it at 720p 25-30fps.Hopefully I could get 60fps on the lowest.

They are only speculating guys, never did any actual tests. Imo, min specs - 30 FPS, 720p, low-medium settings.

• Like 2

CurriedPierogies

9800 gt can run 1080p 60 fps battlefield 4 with med settings

ok.

Spider-Vice

Only one website said that, this is not something said by Rockstar... I don't believe that, plus, the optimisation was praised so I don't see that quite happening. HOWEVER, if it does I won't be shocked, we're in 2015 and the minimum spec is a machine from 2007.

Edited by Spider-Vice
  • Like 3

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

9800 gt can run 1080p 60 fps battlefield 4 with med settings

ok.

Low/med my friend have one, and run in 30 -50 fps

There is no way Rockstar or any other develeloper would release requirements as a "standard" for 800x600 in 2015, its just dumb. How can someone even consider this as a possible case??

Edited by mommo

Geeteeaifive

So far everything my guesses were correct. So for ultra 60fps 1080p youll need at least 290x or 970 or 980.

So far everything my guesses were correct. So for ultra 60fps 1080p youll need at least 290x or 970 or 980.

Which is fine for ultra 60+FPS

An nvidia 9800 and intel core 2 could run battlefield4 at 60frames on med-high

When I still had my GT 440 (similar performance to 9800) BF4 ran at 30-40FPS on lowest settings. Don't exaggerate please.

Geeteeaifive

Which is fine for ultra 60+FPS

Sure it may not be 60fps if u crank insane anti aliasing. But that shiz is optional.

An nvidia 9800 and intel core 2 could run battlefield4 at 60frames on med-high

When I still had my GT 440 (similar performance to 9800) BF4 ran at 30-40FPS on lowest settings. Don't exaggerate please.

I meant to right med settings there, you can see further down I specify that, it all depends on what settings you turn off

I highly doubt that the minimum requirements refer to anything lower than 720p at low/low-to-medium settings. After all, the developer promises a pleasant experience, regardless if you meet or exceed the minimum/recommended specifications. Even GTA IV ran at a higher resolution than 800x600 if you met the minimum specs (though not for everyone... it was a bit willy-nilly), and I wouldn't expect any less from its successor.

I'm wondering though what the console-equivalent settings exactly are. As long as we don't know what settings and frame rate can be expected from rigs that are similar to the official specs, it's a bit hard to guess what results everyone can expect. Unless, of course, they run a system similar to the one that was used by Rockstar to play V in 4K at 60 FPS.

You must be joking, no ?? :D

so i with

i5 2500k

8gb ram

gtx760 OC 2gb

will be able to play

1080p 60fps with med settings?

not even high

no hope for ultra :(

I highly doubt that the minimum requirements refer to anything lower than 720p at low/low-to-medium settings. After all, the developer promises a pleasant experience, regardless if you meet or exceed the minimum/recommended specifications. Even GTA IV ran at a higher resolution than 800x600 if you met the minimum specs (though not for everyone... it was a bit willy-nilly), and I wouldn't expect any less from its successor.

I'm wondering though what the console-equivalent settings exactly are. As long as we don't know what settings and frame rate can be expected from rigs that are similar to the official specs, it's a bit hard to guess what results everyone can expect. Unless, of course, they run a system similar to the one that was used by Rockstar to play V in 4K at 60 FPS.

Exactly. I also want to know if PS4 quality equals to Medium or what.

I would willingly sacrifice few details to get smooth experience than max it just because I can. That's the power of PC, you can CHOOSE ;)

In few days we all will know, but it will be for sure better than Arma 3, FC 4, Unity, GTA IV(ofc), and maybe everything else, because as it seems now from everything we got so far, it might be on a way to became one of (if not THE) best "ports" ever. But don't take my worlds as granted, stuff can change, but there is a great possibility of that.

southparkmayor

I expected the min requirements to be 720p low settings 20-30 fps aka Last Gen (360/PS3) Levels

• Like 3

Spider-Vice

From techradar

The aim, says Rockstar, was to make GTA 5 malleable to a vast number of different setups so that most, if not all players, should feel as if they're getting the definitive GTA experience. The true performance of GTA 5 on lower-spec rigs remains to be seen.

Here we go guys, that website was clickbaiting. Techradar is trustworthy at least.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/why-gta-5-on-pc-took-so-long-to-get-here-and-why-it-was-worth-the-wait-1290506

• Like 2

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

min running at 20-30 fps?? that sucks. Reccomended 60 fps? naa I think that they are exagerating.

TheMostKnowledgable

Well, it is written by Tim Edwards. He was a PCGamer.com guy, and he owns and founded the site in the OP and he has a lot of other high profile content mixed in (click his name at the site)

Here is his hands on with BF3 from those days: http://www.pcgamer.com/e3-2011-battlefield-3-hands-on-preview/

He was the host of their podcast from 2009 to 2012, too.

He has a twitter, maybe a tweeter here can ask him to elaborate on why he expects those settings and did Rockstar tell him that: https://twitter.com/hanknova

And keep in mind, Rockstar has made it very clear that they are basically going to actually support laptops (and that is more rare in the gaming sector than news from Gabe about HL3). they said "Some mobile chipsets may not be supported" meaning that some actually are. Usually, once a tech support agent identifies that you are on a laptop, they will still troubleshoot, but they know they are also not required to fix it and "it would work on the desktop, so no refund" - it's that kind of thing. It's official support vs superficial support.

That being said, 8x6 is not an uncommon resolution for gamers who are playing on 13x7 laptop monitors to turn down to for performance in these newer heavier games.

Edited by TheMostKnowledgable

"An nvidia 9800 and intel core 2 could run battlefield4 at 60frames on med-high"

Your f*cking high mate

They are only speculating guys, never did any actual tests. Imo, min specs - 30 FPS, 720p, low-medium settings.

Your estimate makes more sense than the estimate of pcgamesn.com

They probably aren't that good in making such estimates

Edited by GTA564

Seems like it was worth it.

If an i5 and a GTX 660 can run medium 60fps the consoles screwed up big time in comparison :cool:

• Like 1