2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Some of the Cars Need Nerfing

BarryRiley

There's very little variety in the vehicles you meet in the game and the reason is there's really no need for more than 2 cars in your garage. I wish Rockstar would balance the physical abilities of the cars so you see more players in different vehicle types. I used to have a huge 4x4 (can't remember which) but I just got rid of it because there was no need for it. My Tourismo R can climb hills and deal with rough terrain just as easily.

V12 super cars shouldn't be able to drive up almost vertical hills and deal with uneven, wet mud patches of farmland. They should get stuck, wheel spin and be pretty useless. This would force us all in to thinking carefully about what car we use for what job and every car you encounter on the road wouldn't be a $1 million supercar

• Like 10

FourFingersOfFun

People would then just figure out which car is the best after the nerf, and use that. Your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

CarimboHanky

this idea is so bad that i think the GTAF admin should nerf your ability to post here

So, you're saying that people would still use the same car for everything, despite the fact that no car could both race competently and navigate difficult terrain?

So in your opinion, people would either choose to be able to drive up hills and lose every race, or win races and get stuck in mud.

Smart response, thanks for your input.

Would anyone who doesn't have severe learning difficulties like to add anything?

• Like 4

OfficialTwiggz

Four wheeled vehicles should legit be four wheeled drive.

That's my only gripe

I always see people on here complaining about the sounds of the cars not matching the real engine sounds of their counterparts but no one seems bothered that a Ferrari can climb Mt Chiliad.

I don't see why they've bothered to included huge all terrain vehicles in the game when an Italian supercar 3 inches from the floor can cross the map faster off road.

CrysisAverted

Turismo is a Grotti, of course it can handle hills its Italian

Misanthrope Z

this is not a driving simulator

I'm pretty sure Italian supercars can't climb mountains. I don't own one, so I'd be happy to be corrected, but I'm somewhat certain

• Like 2

OfficialTwiggz

My Turismo can.

In the game of course. Why yes, I said game. Why? Because well, it's simply that...a game.

• Like 2

CrysisAverted

I'm pretty sure Italian supercars can't climb mountains. I don't own one, so I'd be happy to be corrected, but I'm somewhat certain

Don't be silly, those are pixels not mountains.

• Like 1

But it is. It's a game which tries to simulate aspects of real life driving. Otherwise why bother to base your cars, performance and engine sounds on real cars?

I can't be the only one who thinks making a smart choice of vehicle for a specific task would add to the whole experience of a game. It's just dull at the moment. At the start of every mission, no matter where it's based, you just have 4 players running towards their supercars.

I've never seen a single player using a Dune Buggy or Xl Sandking in a mission because they're totally pointless in the game aside from aesthetics

Edited by BarryRiley
  • Like 2

I agree Barry. Super cars should be severely limited in its off roading capabilities and they should be more fragile than normal cars. A fair trade off for all the speed and acceleration they have.

On the other hand I rarely drive supers in free roam and do just fine without em. You don't need a super to kick ass or survive.

Getting chased by a super 9 times out of 10 you'll get away cause most can't handle the speed and crash into everything anyway.

BeersInsteadofGears

Nerf all the cars and just have bicycles and public transport and call it GTA Mackinac Island.

There's very little variety in the vehicles you meet in the game and the reason is there's really no need for more than 2 cars in your garage. I wish Rockstar would balance the physical abilities of the cars so you see more players in different vehicle types. I used to have a huge 4x4 (can't remember which) but I just got rid of it because there was no need for it. My Tourismo R can climb hills and deal with rough terrain just as easily.

V12 super cars shouldn't be able to drive up almost vertical hills and deal with uneven, wet mud patches of farmland. They should get stuck, wheel spin and be pretty useless. This would force us all in to thinking carefully about what car we use for what job and every car you encounter on the road wouldn't be a $1 million supercar

i agree.

the only thing is, i think its to late for that. should have been right from the beginning. if they change that now allot of people would be really mad.

• Like 3

Yeah I agree about it being too late. All the kids would go mad at the fact that their dayglo supercars couldn't escape the police across the cornfields.

Something to consider for the next game I guess.

Lord Darantuin

I do think it'd be better for the diversity of the game to actually make cars have different variables affecting their usefulness at any given time... I mean, I know it's a game blah blah blah but hey, AR's shoot full auto even if it's a game, cars have 4 wheels even if it's a game, players cannot fly like a superman even if it's a game.. You get where I am going?

It's not meant to be a simulator, sure.. But it does simulate many forms of realism to atleast some degree, and seeing how important the driving is as an aspect in the game. I think they could take the simulation a notch further by giving the vehicles a hint of personality and a bit more depth.

Super cars should be more fragile because it just does make sense, they are built mostly out of carbon fiber and other lightweight but relatively more weaker materials.

Off-Roaders should have a clear advantage off the road because that's what they are built for. The suspension, the tire threading, all that.. At the moment they are mainly novelty vehicles with no real benefits to them.

This same logic should be applied to many aspects of the game, like.. Why would you ever use Pump Shotgun or Sawed Off when Assault Shotgun wins 10/10 times. Why would you ever use SNS Pistol when AP Pistol is just better in every single way? Why would you ever use an off-roader, a sedan, coupe, even a sport, when a super car can out-do them in every single aspect of the game?

Well I am fighting the windmills, against all odds. I know a few others are aswell. But most of the people don't want to intentionally be "worse than they could be" so they just end up using the Assault Shotty, AP Pistol and Zentorno.

I don't want things to get "nerfed", or more precisely, readjusted for the sake of game balance. I would like for them to be readjusted to bring more depth and diversity to the game. It's so dull and predictable as it is.

9/10 people are like mirror images of eachother

BOOOORINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

CrysisAverted

Project Cars is out soon

its got better everything car wise

and its slated for official morpheus support on PS4

018.jpg

Misanthrope Z

But it is. It's a game which tries to simulate aspects of real life driving. Otherwise why bother to base your cars, performance and engine sounds on real cars?

I can't be the only one who thinks making a smart choice of vehicle for a specific task would add to the whole experience of a game. It's just dull at the moment. At the start of every mission, no matter where it's based, you just have 4 players running towards their supercars.

I've never seen a single player using a Dune Buggy or Xl Sandking in a mission because they're totally pointless in the game aside from aesthetics

i get what you're saying, but at the same time this isn't that type of game

GTA isn't a driving simulator, just like it's not a flight simulator, nor is it a shooter.

it isn't strictly anything, it just takes aspects from multiple genres and combines them into one- hence it being called a sandbox game. and sandbox games are known for having unrealistic physics, which is what loads of people enjoy about them. if anything, i wouldn't say nerf supers, i'd say buff the offroad vehicles.

nothing in the game needs to be nerfed, some things just need to be buffed when dealing with certain situations

• Like 1

Hi,

thank you for contacting us with the idea. We have strict rules of "no fun allowed" and "fix the unbroken thing". Our mission is to keep pushing it and our vision is to keep tightening restrictions while keep telling players that they have unlimited possibilities at the same time.

We are currently looking for more talents to support our vision and mission. So please let us know your real name, age, location, and your availability at your convenience.

Should you are currently employed, we would like to let you know that we are interested in hiring you to work in our award-winning company with promising future for both of us.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Earnest regards,

Luis L.

Cockstar HR

• Like 3

I agree on the balance issues with vehicles... this game is terrible for having 'obviously best-in-class' syndrome. There shouldn't be a car that handles better, has a faster top speed and better acceleration than all others in it's class. It makes having a choice completely redundant because everyone figures it out early on and suddenly a whole load of vehicles become practically unused and useless.

This game isn't supposed to be realistic but I do think Supers and Sports should have more noticable difficulty off-road than AWD cars with higher ground clearance. I bought a Sandking for off-roading but realised people in Adders could catch up with me on hillsides and sand dunes when I was evading bounties, so I sold it as it was absolutely pointless.

Some cars need nerfing?

tumblr_inline_mz91g75wzm1qbd7br.png

As if Insurgent and Hydra nerf thread weren't bad enough.

I will say that I have noticed a wider variety of cars used by players during heists. I think this is because we have the option to choose a PV before the heist starts. Maybe they should implement this in contact missions as well to encourage greater variety.

Since many players refuse to go into freeroam without their Zentorno it causes them to be in missions with their Zen.

It can easily implemented, by making low suspension cars drive way slower and bad traction off road, and in some spot gets semi stuck, like walking on mud with your character, the cars with high suspension can easily be better off road with off road tires.

it would be cool if dirt and mud affected the performance of cars with low suspension and stuff like that, but honestly like someone else said its not a driving simulator. i have over 20 cars and i always switch between them since they all drive differently, so i shouldn't be forced to drive a slow suv when i don't feel like it, you know?

i get what you're saying, but at the same time this isn't that type of game

GTA isn't a driving simulator, just like it's not a flight simulator, nor is it a shooter.

it isn't strictly anything, it just takes aspects from multiple genres and combines them into one- hence it being called a sandbox game. and sandbox games are known for having unrealistic physics, which is what loads of people enjoy about them. if anything, i wouldn't say nerf supers, i'd say buff the offroad vehicles.

nothing in the game needs to be nerfed, some things just need to be buffed when dealing with certain situations

OK, but forget the 'it's not a real simulator' arguments, making the cars have different abilities would add more fun and variety to the game.

Do you think the game benefits from having guns that do different things or do you think that it would be the same fun if each gun just had a 'power' rating that just went from 1-10? Other than the power they'd all have the same properties. It probably wouldn't be as fun, but since the game isn't a weapon simulator it wouldn't matter right?

It's the same with the cars. Rockstar don't HAVE to make them perform differently apart from speed and handling. It's not a driving simulator. But the overall experience of the game would certainly benefit from having a vehicle system where one car couldn't be used for every purpose

I do think it'd be better for the diversity of the game to actually make cars have different variables affecting their usefulness at any given time... I mean, I know it's a game blah blah blah but hey, AR's shoot full auto even if it's a game, cars have 4 wheels even if it's a game, players cannot fly like a superman even if it's a game.. You get where I am going?

It's not meant to be a simulator, sure.. But it does simulate many forms of realism to atleast some degree, and seeing how important the driving is as an aspect in the game. I think they could take the simulation a notch further by giving the vehicles a hint of personality and a bit more depth.

Super cars should be more fragile because it just does make sense, they are built mostly out of carbon fiber and other lightweight but relatively more weaker materials.

Off-Roaders should have a clear advantage off the road because that's what they are built for. The suspension, the tire threading, all that.. At the moment they are mainly novelty vehicles with no real benefits to them.

This same logic should be applied to many aspects of the game, like.. Why would you ever use Pump Shotgun or Sawed Off when Assault Shotgun wins 10/10 times. Why would you ever use SNS Pistol when AP Pistol is just better in every single way? Why would you ever use an off-roader, a sedan, coupe, even a sport, when a super car can out-do them in every single aspect of the game?

Well I am fighting the windmills, against all odds. I know a few others are aswell. But most of the people don't want to intentionally be "worse than they could be" so they just end up using the Assault Shotty, AP Pistol and Zentorno.

I don't want things to get "nerfed", or more precisely, readjusted for the sake of game balance. I would like for them to be readjusted to bring more depth and diversity to the game. It's so dull and predictable as it is.

BOOOORINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

cringe

Edited by fuckboy

BOOOORINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I agree with you 100%.

Know what else needs nerfing? This thread.

• Like 3

Grotti was made for Italian mountains.

Best-roads-to-drive-in-italy-cover-1.jpg