2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why are people so stupid when doing heists!?

WWEMichaelB

WWEMichaelB

Seriously, why can't players learn to take cover? Why can't they learn to use snacks and armor? Why must they just go out there guns blazing like they have something to prove? It's just mind boggling seeing the stupidity of others when Doing heists. Don't do it with randoms you say? I've completed all 5 and just do them for the money now, and don't play with friends as much because some have anger issues, and aren't on the same time as me. Any thoughts guys or gals?

Hit the free agent boards here on the forum and look for some folks that think/play the same as U? I've met lots of peeps from the boards I do heists with... just be sure to lay out the kinda folks yer after... it helps.

• Like 2

I whole heartedly agree. I don't even understand how some people beat story mode. The level of incompetence is mind boggling and frustrating. There needs to be an option where you can actually start a mission or heist with at least useable comrades.

However, there could be alternate explanations. I was calling this guy all manner of names (in my head, not on mic) because I thought he was either trolling or just a fool, but when I played the role that he had at a later date I realised that the heist was bugged

• Like 5

In any game, you're always going to encounter people like that at least once. It sucks, but at the same time, those people make the diamonds you find all the more special, tbh.

• Like 4

GTA Heists with randoms are like a box of chocolates. You never know what youre gonna get.

If you want to minimise the hassle the comes with playing with randoms you really need to get yourself another bunch of friends who you know are capable. Its either that or you need to take the good with the bad. No real magic answer here.

customkingpimp

Never do with randoms. Find a good crew that is active and has skilled members.

Some people think they're Rambo or the Terminator. When really they should be going for John Wick or Batman.

Edited by UshaB

Just left pacific standard final about 5 minutes ago because the leader decide its cool to give us police uniform as the outfit(no protection), and he and the other guy with the money had to be the hero to tank for us all the way to the bikes.(money drop to 800k when the 1st heli spawn)

I quit after 4 fail attempts because none of the attempt make it to the bikes.

Edited by vitus

I know I've mentioned this a couple times already, but the fact that most players seem to lack the ability to read the very basic instructions at the bottom of the screen is the most frustrating thing of all. It tells you what to do, just READ IT!!!

But yes, using cover is a lost skill among the masses. And I give everyone a little slack because let's face it, we've all had that occasional stupid death where you just shake your head at your own carelessness. But If they same player dies 2 times in a row at the exact same spot using the exact same thoughtless tactic? I'm out of there. It's just not worth it.

I'm having fun joining mission set ups with randoms. I'd say I've seen about a 20% success rate, which is better than I thought it would be... I don't need the money, don't care about RP, just play for fun. And it's pretty damn fun and funny to see some of these dude's play!

And I confess I cannot even imagine what the guy with me in the Casco thought of my driving today. It was like I temporarily forgot how to drive completely, totally embarrassing. I have no idea what came over me. But at least we did pass the mission.

For complete lunacy, I suggest the prison bus setup. So simple, right? Hijack a bus, lose wanted level. I've yet to complete it on the first try with randoms. Just too many ways to f- it up and die....

• Like 2

I whole heartedly agree. I don't even understand how some people beat story mode. The level of incompetence is mind boggling and frustrating. There needs to be an option where you can actually start a mission or heist with at least useable comrades.

However, there could be alternate explanations. I was calling this guy all manner of names (in my head, not on mic) because I thought he was either trolling or just a fool, but when I played the role that he had at a later date I realised that the heist was bugged

Pretty sure most people who have this game haven't even touched story mode yet, let alone beat it.

CarimboHanky

since achieving the mastermind challenge i have been playing with randoms and my experience havent been that bad.

yes some have failed miserably in easy tasks like hacking the vault in fleeca bank or killing the 2 lawyers in prison break(stations).

but most times they manage to complete the task.

i have made a couple millions in the process so i cant complain.

Not everyone sucks. I had this awesome crew of randoms the other day on the Pacific Standard Finale. I had crashed my bike and the dude that was behind me didn't pass me, he stopped, got off his bike, and took out all the cops around me so I could safely recover before he got back on his bike again, it was an incredibly awesome moment.

Edited by Aby

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Thing is you do not have to beat story mode

they are probably to busy sh*tposting dupe threads on GTAF

oh hey OP didnt see you there

Most players don't understand that the fastest way to complete many of the missions is to play them slow & smart. The Pacific Standard's fifth setup (bikes) is a perfect example of a simple mission that you need to play over & over again just because some players insist on not taking cover during the shootout. Time after time I see high & low lvl players act as if they are convinced they are the reincarnation of Rambo. they are trying to speed up the process & instead they prolong it by dying over & over again.

• Like 3

SuperJude™

Main reasons:

1) n00bs.

2) Communication issues (though honestly played last night in a Heist with 4 mics, all speaking the same language and fools still couldn't follow directions)

3) Impatience! Can't count the times we FAIL because somebody HAD to rush in or jump out the car.

CB-ThaSavage87

My problem with randoms is when they piss around. If you dont know what your doing or have a history of quiting early please dont join my lobby. If the team is trying I wont quit unless there is someone who is clearly stupid on the team and keeps messing up. Then I will quit.

• Like 3

What's worse is the people that can't follow simple instructions.

Example:

I was doing Pacific Standard - Convoy and the very first thing you have to do is get to the ambush point with all your teammates at the same time. I wasn't in the mood to put on a headset so I shot flares and ran around in circles at the objective marker. All 3 of my teammates waited at the bridge for about 2 minutes until they finally figured out what to do. They finally get in position while I use the 'facepalm' animation. Then, instead of taking out Merryweather they drive the trucks nonstop (I'm on the turret) past all the guards. We pass the drop off point which doesn't show up on the radar until the guards are dead. We escape Merryweather and finish the mission after doing some backtracking.

Long story short, I killed ALL 3 of those guys when we spawned in free roam. The best part was when the last guy alive tried running away from me. He failed miserably. At least I got quite a laugh after all the frustration.

The medal system they got in Heists I think contribute to the idiocy of players too. Everyone wants to get that Platinum Ranking at the end so they Rush, and Rambo their way to death 99% of the time. I've got more platinum staying in cover, and picking everyone off while everyone getting blasted way out in the open. It's not like you get that much more RP anyways.

CarimboHanky

The medal system they got in Heists I think contribute to the idiocy of players too. Everyone wants to get that Platinum Ranking at the end so they Rush, and Rambo their way to death 99% of the time. I've got more platinum staying in cover, and picking everyone off while everyone getting blasted way out in the open. It's not like you get that much more RP anyways.

the medal system is retarded.

just today i was playing, then i had to feed my baby girl, so i had to go afk, and evenknow i did nothinh, didnt got a single kill or any, the game rewarded me with some platinum!

the medal system is retarded.

just today i was playing, then i had to feed my baby girl, so i had to go afk, and evenknow i did nothinh, didnt got a single kill or any, the game rewarded me with some platinum!

It really is messed up. I get the platinum 80% - 90% of the time, but sometimes it doesn't make any sense. Some situations make it impossible for anyone to get the platinum besides the person with a certain task. Example: In the Humane Labs Raid heist, the pilot always gets the platinum no matter what.

Sometimes I Wonder if the other people playing even bothered to read the Text at the bottom of the screen.

That is exactly what happens LOTS of times.

Turkish Turketarian

What I find annoying is that I see the SAME stupid behavior over and over again. Like people getting in the car with you when you have separate objectives.

The worst was earlier today though. Was playing the prison heist and I was pilot. I was flying behind the jet so it could never shoot me down. Demolition guy starts screaming (yes screaming) into his mic about how stupid I am because I won't bring the jet to him. Told him he doesn't need to kill it and I'm fine. Nope, he still gets pissed, insisting I'm going to get shot down. Idiot.

Oh here's a new level of stupidity, also the prison heist. Demolition guy was a rank 11. He gets the prison bus that he's supposed to destroy but apparently reading the directions telling him to take it to Sandy Shores was too difficult. What does he do? Follows me and the prisoner INTO THE PRISON. Wtf? I didn't even know what to think.

You're right OP.

And I hate how you know they have a mic but are keeping it muted.

Like dude, it's so much easier when you have a open line of communication with your teammates.

• Like 2

after a few thousand years of church and other instruments to keep the crowd down. and since we built railings and seatbelts and other sh*t that prevents stupid people from dying after doing something stupid. mankind became what it is today. a big bunch of stupid people!

ExplosiveEnergy386

You're right OP.

And I hate how you know they have a mic but are keeping it muted.

Like dude, it's so much easier when you have a open line of communication with your teammates.

Lol especially when it's Obvious they are not talking but you can hear them chew, Mutter, or someone Screaming in the Backround and their mic picks up the sound.