2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

CE Content cars costs to buy now

Riprock

I'm in the midst of a Rockstar Support Ticket over an issue that I noticed after the Heist Update, that saw my free Collectors Edition cars now costs money to buy.

Has anyone else who was a CE owner that transferred from last-to-current-gen experiencing this?

I'm pretty sure the cars were only supposed to be free on last gen, since the CE was only actually exclusive on last gen.

Don't really care since those cars are lame, and this is coming from a CE owner.

*Tips Los Santos hat*

• Like 3

Don't really care since those cars are lame, and this is coming from a CE owner.

*Tips Los Santos hat*

the khamelion is nice
  • Like 2

If it ask you to set up your brightness setting then turn of the game and restart it. It should be free again. A known bug that made my Dukes lost twice.

*Tips Los Santos hat*

the khamelion is nice

It was a good starter car, but I don't really care for it now. Only thing I really like about it is how it can accelerate really fast in reverse like the other electric cars.

It's the principle of the matter that should make it free. When you have 30 cars spots with one character, plus a secondary character, and you want to only own free cars, it's nice.

I haven't encountered the brightness issue you speak of Nick - I'm still waiting to see what they say.

As far thinking that it was only free for last gen, that's not how I understood it. The cars themselves were only exclusive for last gen, but became available to all when current gen released. People who owned it when it came out should still have some sort of advantage.

*Tips Los Santos hat*

the khamelion is nice

It was a good starter car, but I don't really care for it now. Only thing I really like about it is how it can accelerate really fast in reverse like the other electric cars.

i think it looks like sex when painted white with solar panels. i use it when listening to radio mirror park ;)

CrysisAverted

a hotrod is lame

da hell

It's the principle of the matter that should make it free. When you have 30 cars spots with one character, plus a secondary character, and you want to only own free cars, it's nice.

I haven't encountered the brightness issue you speak of Nick - I'm still waiting to see what they say.

As far thinking that it was only free for last gen, that's not how I understood it. The cars themselves were only exclusive for last gen, but became available to all when current gen released. People who owned it when it came out should still have some sort of advantage.

The 'advantage' was you having something exclusive for a little over a year. They probably made the CE stuff free on NG to increase sales anyway.

a hotrod is lame

da hell

The goddamn thing doesn't have a steering wheel. It's no better than just a showpiece in your garage (which is invalid now since it isn't exclusive to CE people anymore).

The carbon bike looks good tho.

Just don't try and ride up a wall with it.

Or hit jumps.

Or take corners at speed.

Or race.

KornbreadMaf1a

*Tips Los Santos hat*

the khamelion is nice

i think it looks like sex when painted white with solar panels. i use it when listening to radio mirror park ;)Sex with a really fat girl on her period

They are still free for me OP. I guess contact Rockstar Support.

People on this forum can't respond to anything without bitching about something meaningless.

The cars/bike are pretty cool if you ask me.

• Like 1

They have a price for me too and I bought the Collectors Edition on the 360. What is this brightness reset thing that fixes it? I know there used to be a way by holding both bumpers whilst loading up but when I do that now nothing happens. How do you do it on current gen?

• 2 weeks later...

Still costs me money, they say they're looking into it amidst many complaints about this issue. In the meantime they gave me $500K.

Halal Cyborg

Is it on the same character?

Only free for me on character I transferred.

Still costs me money, they say they're looking into it amidst many complaints about this issue. In the meantime they gave me $500K.

I've been dealing with this issue for 5 months. The only thing they've fixed for me was the CE weapons not being listed for free in both story mode and online. I don't have the cars in story mode, and online they haven't been free for me since I transferred. I also had to buy the garages in story mode as well. It's a serious bug, it's one that i doubt will ever be fixed. They gave me $500k awhile back, when I should've asked them for a Blarney Beer Hat for all of my pain and suffering lol. All kidding aside OP 1000's of people have this issue, most have just given up hope that it will be fixed. 10 people on my friends list have the CE, and every single person who transferred over has the same exact issue I do. I also don't understand why they just didn't issue the CE pack on the PS4 store to let us use our existing codes. They turned something which should've been very simple into rocket science.