3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

iNero

CB7HMi-XIAAx9bj.png

Square Enix is holding an interactive live reveal on Twitch atm. The whole thing goes over 3 days and people can vote for what happens next.

http://www.twitch.tv/cantkillprogress

There also are some teasers on Instagram already:

https://instagram.com/cantkillprogress/

People are pretty sure that its a new Deus Ex.

Some may remember that Eidos announced there new engine last year. The new Deus Ex will run on this engine.

Also on this years GDC they presented TressFX 3.0 with the new Deus Ex behind closed doors. I'm not into Deus Ex but like I said people are pretty sure that it is the new Deus Ex. For everyone who doesnt know what Deus Ex is:

Edited by iNero
  • Like 1

It's

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

TsoPXXBNgN8.jpg
jdfhyx0XSBs.jpg
4AYFjLCNIK8.jpg
HQ0OmJIbBeA.jpg
_iSrxLCDgNk.jpg
rmWYd9oAQro.jpg

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zGYGCbR61ZAJ:kanobu.ru/news/square-enix-anonsirovala-deus-ex-mankind-divided-376018/+&cd=1&hl=ru&ct=clnk&gl=ru

Creed Bratton

Holy sh*t! And Adam Jensen again? Cool. That confirms that at least one ending from Human Revolution isn't canon. Looks like someone finally decided to copy Crytek's on-the-fly weapon modification system. That's good too. I can't wait to see a gameplay video.

Edited by The Yokel

f*cking yes. Best news I've had in a while.

The only games I care about are Prey 2 (cancelled), HL3 (vapourware) and a new Deus Ex (now confirmed), so I'm happy to hear about this.

I now have a reason to upgrade the ageing rig (well, build a new PC would be a more accurate description). The screens look great. I really liked HR but I felt it was held back by the hardware of the time.

Edited by Failure
  • Like 1

Everything about Deus Ex is right up my street. Loved Human Revolution and it was probably one of my favourite games in whichever year I finally played it.

Can't wait.

kippers.png

Well, they're certainly going for the more...interesting reveal methods :p

seriously right now the twitch is just some loop of a guy doing pushups

Still, it's Deus Ex so...gonna be awesome!

gwZr6Zc.png

The game looks great. We've all been waiting for a new Deus Ex, and they knew it.

• Like 1

dimitrispgr

For everyone who doesnt know what Deus Ex is:

Everyone who doesnt know it should buy Human Revolution. Fantastic atmosphere, one of my best ever games too.

• Like 3

Mister Pink

I was looking at this yesterday as gonna make a topic, lol.

I see they're keeping the artwork a long the yellow-tinged theme of HR. I was hoping they might change it although that might not make sense if it's set around the same time/place. I must pick up HR again as I didn't finish it and I made a new save.

Such a fun game. I love creeping around, going through air-vents, searching for hidden areas and listening to the people on the streets.

Edited by Mister Pink

Another one? I hope it does a decent job to recover the series from the mobile one that got pretty badly slated.

If they keep the same gameplay elements from HR, it's going to be awesome. Loved the previous game, the art was superb, the feeling of the cities, and the gameplay was so damn tight. Just no tacked-on boss fights, please!

2lzNHds.png

Really looking forward to this.

My hopes are:

1) Bigger city areas. Hengsha felt big but Detroit didn't; neither seemed as large to me as Paris in the original.

2) More weapon variety. There were only really a handful of weapons in Human Revolution. More modularity would be awesome too.

No compulsory boss fights!

• Like 3

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

I definitely asked for this.

ZDL4nai.gif

Can anyone tell me how open the Deus Ex games are? They arent really open world, but I often read that you can explore things.

I hope they will show some gameplay before E3. The last GI Story was Just Cause and we still have no gameplay of that.

You can explore for a decent amount. And during levels, there are multiple paths you can take depending on your preferred playstyle. I recall on my first playthrough, I went mostly guns blazing. During one of the first levels, after I had killed everyone, I started exploring and I realized how many alternatives there are. After finishing the game, I started a non-lethal playthrough, and the game really opened up. So many possibilities. Really awesome level design.

2lzNHds.png

OysterBarron

My hopes are:

1) Bigger city areas. Hengsha felt big but Detroit didn't; neither seemed as large to me as Paris in the original.

2) More weapon variety. There were only really a handful of weapons in Human Revolution. More modularity would be awesome too.

At least no outsourced boss fights this time. Whatever studio designed them needs a kick in the face!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

This is a big one. Compulsory boss fights were a real kick to the nut sack in HR when doing full stealth playthroughs (IMO).

Was the previous game that good? I know it got some attention but not hyped in any way. And from people I know who played it they all say it's a 'pretty damn great game'.

Is it still worth playing the previous installment? Never gotten into Deus Ex franchise tho.

76561197979800917.png

Goldn-Bayse

I want to contain my hype but I can't! Trailer was amazing as well. I Wonder how thry'll handle the ending of HR.

Was the previous game that good? I know it got some attention but not hyped in any way. And from people I know who played it they all say it's a 'pretty damn great game'.

Is it still worth playing the previous installment? Never gotten into Deus Ex franchise tho.

76561197979800917.png

My hopes are:

Yeah the hubs were pretty disappointing. Hengsha was quite cool and had a decent atmosphere (reminded me of the Prey 2 demos the first time I saw it), but Detroit was pretty bland , though I suppose that's fitting. In both cases I feel that last gen hardware was a serious limiting factor. I'm expecting vastly improved hubs next time round.

Definitely agree about the boss fights, Sivis. The first time I did the game I stuck it on "Give me Deus Ex" and focused entirely on stealth and hacking, leaving me woefully unprepared for the boss fights. Luckily the maxed out Zenith 10mm was enough to get me through but those boss fights completely took me out of the game (I think I installed the bunny hop augmentation just to defeat the boss that electrifies the ground). I love upgrading guns in any game. There's something immensely satisfying about keeping the same pistol from the start of a game, upgrading it and using it at the end.

FullMetal: HR isn't that much like the first game. If you like stealth or "FPS-RPG" hybrids you should like HR. You're free to adopt playing styles from either genre or mix the two.

Bloody hell I'm missing the game now. Just two months and I'll be able to play it again.

Edited by Failure

I'm gonna start a new play through of HR I think.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.65GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN/Heatkiller Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | EVGA GeForce RTX2080 XC @2055MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

f/ck that.

I'm about to replay the original.

aside from the heavily scripted boss fights, Human Revolution was my favorite game in years.

cannot wait for Mankind Divided.

my biggest desire is that they simply add a lot more weapons.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 2

Creed Bratton

My main gripe with the weapons was the inability to remove upgrades. That seems to be sorted out. I've never been a proponent of weapon quantity over quality. I'd rather have a smaller arsenal of more unique weapons, each with its own pros and cons, than an overabundance of weapons with similar stats that basically do the same thing. Human Revolution was good in that regard, but arcade shooters do it better. Take Shadow Warrior for example, or Bulletstorm etc. Original Bioshock too, even though it's not an arcady shooter.

Edited by The Yokel

HaythamKenway

Excuse me, but I just have to write down how happy I am that I'll get to see my hometown in another AAA game. Yay cyberpunk Prague!