3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

This game shouldn't be released on PC, in my opinion

gta4_player

gta4_player

Now you may ask the reason. Think about console players. First there were only PS3 and Xbox360 players and they had very, very a lot of players. Then came the next gen consoles and many players moved to the new platforms. Well all console platforms still have enough players to find full lobbies even though it would be good to know the right numbers of players to predict the future of GTA Online. And it's nice to play the game on next gen console because it's simply gorgeus.

Now how about when the PC version comes out? Then there are five different platforms for the game and I think this is very bad in the long shot. The number of console players will decrease over time because they are moving to PC version and I could imagine that after few months it's very hard to find other online players from the consoles. Just like GTA IV nowadays, you must be lucky if you find someone to play with via console. And when this same happens to GTA V and its Online... well it's very sad in my opinion because the game is the best for me. This is of course common problem amongst the multiplatform games and GTA V is sadly one of these. 4 platforms is good enough but then we get 5th and many people call it as master race platform so... I'm little worried.

You might suggest me to move to PC too but there are few problems ahead and here are couple of them: Reason number one the new PC needs to be bought and that is quite much for the game I have already bought twice. Reason number two is so called PC master race users who are willing to use mods and other things like that, I can imagine the Online will be full of hackers and modders so this will not be fun for many. Eventually players feel the Online is unplayable since modders etc. and, therefore, many players will quit and the game is becoming dead like Halo 3 which btw had one of the best multiplayer and had over 2.000.000 players daily during its glorious days, now it's not even 2.000 (on xbox360).

Now what do you think? Are you really worried as I am or do you have different opinions about PC GTA V? If you agree with me then feel free to share this so when this gets too much attention, maybe R* will change their plans.

gta4_player

Talk to my ass.

Woah did you even read the whole post? For the others I hope we can talk about this more politely with some arguments since this can be kind of big topic for many

Following that logic one could say the game shouldn't come out on consoles and should just go straight to PC.

They release it on consoles first to maximize the amount of sales and profit from exclusivity contracts. If they sold it on PC first the console versions would be much less popular.

In any case, saying they shouldn't release it on PC because you want the people to stay online on consoles is a bit selfish.

• Like 2

So you don't wat it to come out on PC cause you can't afford a gaming PC or a current gen console, and you're afraid that people will stop playing on OLD 7 YEAR OLD CONSOLES after the game hits PC...

With that logic your should try eating a jar or cyanide.

• Like 3

Uncle Sikee Atric

Troll bait!

Only thing you have said that makes any sense is the comments about the so-called 'Master Race' scumbags that do not care about gaming, just that it is an expensive art form. I deal with those idiots by promptly ignoring their comments.

There are gamers, nothing more....

As for the rest of your comments, it is not worth even commenting over.

• Like 2

MOaRJRr.jpg

Damn trolls making threads just to start sh*t.

That's because it's so damn easy to start sh*it on here, look at the first guy who replied lol.

• Like 2

Consoles aren't downward compatible and that is the only reason why no one plays GTA IV on the new generation any more.

If people move to PC that's another thing, but once they get a new console the old one is gathering dust.

Also you logic just proves that everyone has a PC, and you might as well play your games on it.

Edited by utack

I'm sure R* will not allow mods to be used on ranked servers. It will be like on GTA IV on PC where you could use mods if you played private lobby. I guess it will be the same here.

And when you said you think the console would lose its players over time, why did you buy newgen console in a first place? You say player count will decrease, yet you bought another console like you know it would happen.

And in my opinion, console version will still have more players Online, because on PC a lot of them will play Story mod to use some very detailed mods and might not even play Online at all.

But stating that PC version shouldn't be released is like if Mercedes said: "why should we launch a new car if there is already a good one here"

Especially when you say it 1 week before release.

If you don't like it, stick to console, there will surely be a lot of players for a long time in the future, but don't take away the possibility of PC players to play it. It was your decision to play it on console.

• Like 2

Wow OP, if you were the one that made it in the great race, i feel sorry for the others...

Igor Bogdanoff

I love how consolist says that GTA 5 on PC will have tons of hackers. And then I love how every consolist says how lobbies are full of hackers.

Rockstar have already said that some updates won't be available for PS3 and 360 because of hardware limitations.

Why not move with the times and ditch both of those platforms and just concentrate on the remaining three.

That would be the best move.

Queen Elizabeth II

Hey, knock off.

pa4ZFjb.gif

• Like 3

I really don't know why R* released it on oldgen. Back then they must've know they will release FPS mod and knew that oldgen wouldn't manage it. They could have just waited and release it solely on newgen + PC.

Igor Bogdanoff

I really don't know why R* released it on oldgen. Back then they must've know they will release FPS mod and knew that oldgen wouldn't manage it. They could have just waited and release it solely on newgen + PC.

Because of money. They said they released it on OG because there are a lot more people than on CG.

Uncle Sikee Atric

At the time of the original release the New-Gen consoles were not even established. Releasing straight to them would not have reached sufficient numbers to recover the cost of development. So Last-Gen was an inevitable release.

MOaRJRr.jpg

GtaGamer2222

Haha. I smell a butthurt console player.. :lol:

So what you are saying is that they shouldn't release GTA V on PC just because you can't play with someone on consoles ? that is the most retarded argument I've ever heard. :sui:

There are many people in the world who don't have consoles. Consider the fact in India, Most of the gamers are in India are college or school students. They also have a non gaming friendly parents. They will give no money to buy a console but they shell money for PC for educational purposes and they can game in these PCs. Moreover $60/ year for online play is a huge sum in India. This is against the moral value for most of the Indians. So PC is the ideal option for gamers in India. I bought my gaming PC after I got a job. I will not buy a console

• Like 2

Geeteeaifive

Well of course if a game is released on as superior platform, people are going to move to it its inevitable. For rockstar its win win anyway.

gta4_player

I'm sure R* will not allow mods to be used on ranked servers. It will be like on GTA IV on PC where you could use mods if you played private lobby. I guess it will be the same here.

And when you said you think the console would lose its players over time, why did you buy newgen console in a first place? You say player count will decrease, yet you bought another console like you know it would happen.

And in my opinion, console version will still have more players Online, because on PC a lot of them will play Story mod to use some very detailed mods and might not even play Online at all.

But stating that PC version shouldn't be released is like if Mercedes said: "why should we launch a new car if there is already a good one here"

If you don't like it, stick to console, there will surely be a lot of players for a long time in the future, but don't take away the possibility of PC players to play it. It was your decision to play it on console.

Well I wasn't expecting the PC version to become real but at the moment it really is, sadly... Maybe the best way to keep the population steady is just to give PC version only single player mode if it's what the community is wanting from the version. This way the gaming population won't be divided anymore and every aspect of Online will keep its bits. I mean, the single player is really enough already for playing, and this way nothing will affect to console gamers especially for these who don't really care whether the PC version is released or not.

Uncle Sikee Atric

Well I wasn't expecting the PC version to become real but at the moment it really is, sadly... Maybe the best way to keep the population steady is just to give PC version only single player mode if it's what the community is wanting from the version. This way the gaming population won't be divided anymore and every aspect of Online will keep its bits. I mean, the single player is really enough already for playing, and this way nothing will affect to console gamers especially for these who don't really care whether the PC version is released or not.

You really are baiting hard!

• Like 2

MOaRJRr.jpg