2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA V was always missing a "Drag Spot"

Drennan57

You look at all other games with customizable cars and somewhere online there was that "Drag spot" where everyone would take their cars and race together, show em off etc. Even GTA4 had drag racing at the airport in every lobby and that game didn't even have personal cars or any customization.

Gran Turismo and Forza both have huge drag racing communities that operate completely in a "free roam" setting.

GTA V is basically a "loner" type of car scene. You spend all this money on making the car look how you want it and no one looks at it without trying to kill you.

Sometimes i just want to drive and street race with other people online with the cars we made and GTA 5 never really delivered that.

Edited by Drennan57

oleg_aka_djmeg

if this game had, say, an nfs pro street drag mechanics, then yes. otherwise it's all about who has the zentorno.

Lol you can't drag race in this game, it's not a racing sim so it would just completely boil down to who has the better car, rather than being the better driver.

if this game had, say, an nfs pro street drag mechanics, then yes. otherwise it's all about who has the zentorno.

In Pro Street drags was all about who has the Supra.

• Like 3

LightningLord

Lol you can't drag race in this game, it's not a racing sim so it would just completely boil down to who has the better car, rather than being the better driver.

This.

Drag racing sucks in this game. All you have to do is bring a Zentorno or Banshee and you win all the time. F*cking stupid.

IcOqQpq.gif

The only thing holding it back is the lack of a manual transmission, which admittedly is a pretty big issue. But there are enough variety in cars to make things interesting. There are even little tricks to launching cars and building boost to get a better hit off the line. The mechanics really aren't all bad.

Wouldn't it be cool to finish upgrading a new car you wanted and have a "spot" you could drive to where you could actually do something with it around other players? Pull into the strip and 2 cars fly down the road side by side with cars lined up together ready to race.

I think online really suffered from not having something like this.

Edited by Drennan57
  • Like 2

oleg_aka_djmeg

camaro ss then, dem 5s... but unfortunately this is the only racing game i played with such drag mechanics.

And to all those people saying "Zentorno wins blah blah" you need to understand that every single car game ever made has a "fastest car". You really think GT6 and Forza don't have that either, yet for some reason we see thousands of people running front wheel drive Honda's. Is an EK hatch going to beat a Mclaren P1?... hell no yet you will see 50x the amount of EK hatches online then you will Mclarens P1.

It's kinda hard to explain but drag racing isn't about which car is the fastest in the game because if someone pulls up to the strip with a Dinka Blista he's not racing Zentorno's he's racing the other guy there with a Praire.

The guys in Zentorno's will be racing other guys with Zentorno's. Know what i mean.

• Like 4

Although I agree, I also know that through a short distance the Banshee is the fastest "Drag" car if the driver uses the right techniques.

find a lobby and meet ups

some friends of mine on here have meets nearly every weekend

hosts and event yourself, set the rules and find spots....theres an airport in this game, two in fact......theres also that lil ditch place by the bridges which is good for drag racing......sandy shores airstrip

CrysisAverted

I challenge your Zentorno to a drag race

9D7GFmU.jpg

• Like 2

thats usually real life to. who has tuned their car better for the conditions on the night is a huge factor. driver skills count to but anyone driving in the pro's or sponsered races is gonna be a decent/experienced driver.

only in america.

Edited by DMC14

GTA V is basically a "loner" type of car scene. You spend all this money on making the car look how you want it and no one looks at it without trying to kill you.

Sometimes i just want to drive and street race with other people online with the cars we made and GTA 5 never really delivered that.

These statements describe perfectly, and succinctly, the biggest fail in the design of GTA Online. GTA0 is nothing but a brain-dead shooter, but it could have been, should have been, so much more. :/

There's 2 airstrips, the power plant next to the wind farm, a straight outside LSIA, and a Main Street through Paleto that all serve as solo'd drag strips. None of them are very hard to find.

I remembr a mod for gta san andreas for the pc that had a drag racing script and track.

Zentorno?

OH! That thing that Rockstar made by combining the ugliest elements of the Veneno and Sesto Elemento and combining them into one clusterf*ck of a 'car'?

Edited by GTAmaster09

urkgcNk.gif

camaro ss then, dem 5s... but unfortunately this is the only racing game i played with such drag mechanics.

I liked using the Chevrolet Chevelle SS for drag racing.

For you car meet guys I found this awesome drag strip settup. It's really well made, for ps4.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/9YAFQGCFeUSsIZ3fk978SQ

That looks excellent and would be fun to play on, good idea.

I recommend using that drag strip at night.

There aren't enough mod options or skill reliance to make drag racing anything other than totally pointless. There will be one car in the game that goes 0-100 faster than all the others fully modded and so that car will always win. People will figure that out one day after the release of the Drag Racing DLC and it will become totally redundant.

You can make you own drag races.. And they dont even have to be in an actual race. It can just take place anywhere with friends. Just like it was a real drag race.

But for the most part a drag race comes down to the driver too, because the one who double shifts at the best moment usually will cover the short distance the fastest.

GhostlySentinel

Drag racing in real life is also about who has the better car. It's why people who don't know anything about it find it boring, it's about the machines more than the operators.

Drag racing in real life is also about who has the better car. It's why people who don't know anything about it find it boring, it's about the machines more than the operators.

The better driver still wins if the cars are even remotely balanced.

They still need to control the accel and shifting. You can't just floor it.. You'll just spin the tires and go now where.

LBCWorldWide

Although I agree, I also know that through a short distance the Banshee is the fastest "Drag" car if the driver uses the right techniques.

No, it's not. Just because you witnessed a YT vid with a banshe "out accelerating" a Z doesn't mean anything. If the Z does the same 'over-rev' technique as the Banshee, it's not much of a difference.

OT: I'd like to see more fun with cars but this is a GTA infested with runaway CoD twats and tweens that have zero clue about cars and how they actually work.

LBC 😎

A free roam drag area would be cool, but I have to agree with other that custom races, private crews and private lobbies meet the need.

Again, this is an idea about a very specific game mode that actually is addressed in some manner now, and could be slightly improved with a simpler, more global solution: R* should implement "passive" public lobbies (no weapons but car damage).

And that would be about it. Maybe completely turn off night traffic at the docks and industrial area back streets. But those areas are pretty sparse on traffic now, so again, I think the need has been met, just not in true free roam.

No, it's not. Just because you witnessed a YT vid with a banshe "out accelerating" a Z doesn't mean anything. If the Z does the same 'over-rev' technique as the Banshee, it's not much of a difference.

OT: I'd like to see more fun with cars but this is a GTA infested with runaway CoD twats and tweens that have zero clue about cars and how they actually work.

Some cars have better accel when doing the double clutch trick. Banshee is one those cars that really gets a HUGE speed boost..compared to a Sultan that barely gets anything.

A Banshee goes from 40-100 mph in nearly 1.5 seconds. While the Sultan goes from 40-80 mph in the same time frame.

Thats actually how it works. Knowing which cars do it best, just comes with time i guess. As i've pretty much done it with all cars and know which ones are the best and which are not.