1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTAV Rockstar Editor Video Showcase

Crocodile Hunter
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FixingG00D

• FinalFlamePro

• AxelEurope

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the first issue of the newly-begun Rockstar Editor Competition! The competition will occur over the week from Monday to Friday, with the winners being announced on Monday along with the ne

Guys, I made a thing! Hopefully you like the thing!  

Title: Du'Coglioni Italian Suits Platform: PS4 "Advertising" for: Du'Coglioni   I wanted to make something bigger and better, but sadly I have not much time.. so I did something simple... btw: "

L0SS4NT0SK1LL3RV

GTA Series strikes again!

I have to admit, this was pretty funny. I don’t know how you guys are doing this but I’m loving all of these cut scene mods.

This video is not mine though, it's from GTA Series Videos!

nicky9499

"Fleeing Franklin"

Take a hike, pal.

Edited by nicky9499
  • Like 2
Modojo

Currently a work in progress at the moment. There's a lot stuff that I need to edit and finalize before publishing. Here's a small teaser :)

For better quality, set it to HD

Edit: Here's my second teaser.

Edited by Modojo
Razed-

So uh...I don't know why I made this but...well... just watch it!

If you folks like this type of stuff then I can surely do a full movie.

Edited by Razed-
  • Like 4
ShaniceW

So uh...I don't know why I made this but...well... just watch it!

If you folks like this type of stuff then I can surely do a full movie.

Yeah, you should definitely do a full movie :lol: Why is it unlisted?

I make a space shuttle with nothing more than a trolley and a bunch of C4. Jimmy takes the first test flight. If anyone feels like subscribing, I'll be posting at least once a week with funny snippets as well as full blown several minute videos.

literal LOL over here

Hey Guys,

thats my second GTA V video.

What do you think ?

It´s about a criminal and a cop xD

First Video:

• Like 1
Glorified Gameplay

Episode 03 is out! :D

Keep up with all the videos guys, this topic is craaaazy good!

olapaulakoski

I made a movie from finding the peyato that turns you into a shark. Here is trevor as a shark. To bad though the game seems to not allow sharks in Director Mode only every other animal so this isonly opportunity in the game to do movie with shark.

RichBlackGuy

Ok we seen tons of videos to music. Lets see some vids with some audio. Push yourselves to try something harder. Maybe a scene from a movie, tv show,music video. Loving the content you guys making. Nice work Razed and a few of you others. Good to see more then just shooting vids

• Like 2
Glorified Gameplay

Ok we seen tons of videos to music. Lets see some vids with some audio. Push yourselves to try something harder. Maybe a scene from a movie, tv show,music video. Loving the content you guys making. Nice work Razed and a few of you others. Good to see more then just shooting vids

I agree with what you say. No disrespect to anyone, but I do feel that many videos I've seen so far (here and elsewhere) feel really rushed and, sorry to say, pointless sometimes.

But I think this is normal too, the editor just came out, people are trying it all over the place. I guess with time, many will move on to something else, and only the die hard editors will remain, I guess!

Again, no disrespect intended.

• Like 1
RichBlackGuy

I agree with what you say. No disrespect to anyone, but I do feel that many videos I've seen so far (here and elsewhere) feel really rushed and, sorry to say, pointless sometimes.

But I think this is normal too, the editor just came out, people are trying it all over the place. I guess with time, many will move on to something else, and only the die hard editors will remain, I guess!

Yea but im speaking to the guys who putting out quality...not the mom n pop guys....some of u guys make some dope ish...thats why i wanna see u guys challenge yourselves....thats why i been just f*cking around with tv audio just to get away from the add music and slow mo shot here videos...

Its a few of u guys putting out quality so im really looking forward to seeing you guys rep for us video makers....the serious ones

• Like 2
ShaniceW

Yea but im speaking to the guys who putting out quality...not the mom n pop guys....some of u guys make some dope ish...thats why i wanna see u guys challenge yourselves....thats why i been just f*cking around with tv audio just to get away from the add music and slow mo shot here videos...

Its a few of u guys putting out quality so im really looking forward to seeing you guys rep for us video makers....the serious ones

It's not so easy to make a good 3-4 min movie with an amazing story featuring only one actor, no dialogue and using only the 5-6 (mostly useless) gestures :colgate:

• Like 1
Glorified Gameplay

It's not so easy to make a good 3-4 min movie with an amazing story featuring only one actor, no dialogue and using only the 5-6 (mostly useless) gestures :colgate:

True! That's why I decided to go for short humoristic clips instead of serious stuff haha :D

This game is somewhat too much of a caricature to really get something ultra serious out of it. But with mods... I guess anything can happen!

I mean, there are lots of good videos out there that are "serious", don't get me wrong :)

leoncj

The Zombie.

(My very first video created with Rockstar Editor and tweaked a little bit with Sony Vegas Pro.)

Blackened

I make a space shuttle with nothing more than a trolley and a bunch of C4. Jimmy takes the first test flight. If anyone feels like subscribing, I'll be posting at least once a week with funny snippets as well as full blown several minute videos.

That was awesome! How did you make it? A trainer for invincibility?

Glorious idea and glorious video :D

Thank you, man!

Director mode, switched to Jimmy and used infin ammo/invincibility to do the flying about. Created some simple angles in the editor which I then captured with fraps and edited in vp13.

I'll be posting some more videos this week, varying in content.

• Like 1
Glorified Gameplay

Thank you, man!

Director mode, switched to Jimmy and used infin ammo/invincibility to do the flying about. Created some simple angles in the editor which I then captured with fraps and edited in vp13.

You're not the only one I've heard saying they recorded with FRAPS... I'm curious as to what you did not export them instead of frapsing? I mean the game lets you get good [email protected] export, so is there something I am missing?

Because as far as i'm concerned, I usually edit the whole mini film inside the editor, exports it, then uses Movie Studio 13 Platinum to add the opening and images and so on. I'm just curious ^^

And thanks for replying about the Director's mode, that's a good thing, I never tried it yet, I will in a few! Again, great video, keep'em coming :D

Glorified Gameplay

Thank you, man!

You're not the only one I've heard saying they recorded with FRAPS... I'm curious as to what you did not export them instead of frapsing? I mean the game lets you get good [email protected] export, so is there something I am missing?

Because as far as i'm concerned, I usually edit the whole mini film inside the editor, exports it, then uses Movie Studio 13 Platinum to add the opening and images and so on. I'm just curious ^^

And thanks for replying about the Director's mode, that's a good thing, I never tried it yet, I will in a few! Again, great video, keep'em coming :D

Blackened

Thank you, man!

Rockstar Editor adds another layer of compression to my editing workflow. Since I don't work entirely within the editor, I get far better quality using fraps, editing in vp13 then compressing on export to x264 with a quantizer based compression method.

The result? The quality in the video above was 1080/60 in a 75MB file. That's tiny, and could afford to be smaller without losing much quality.

I'm actually going to see how capturing lossless will fair with the final export quality.

• Like 1
Glorified Gameplay

Rockstar Editor adds another layer of compression to my editing workflow. Since I don't work entirely within the editor, I get far better quality using fraps, editing in vp13 then compressing on export to x264 with a quantizer based compression method.

The result? The quality in the video above was 1080/60 in a 75MB file. That's tiny, and could afford to be smaller without losing much quality.

I'm actually going to see how capturing lossless will fair with the final export quality.

Damn! That's interesting, I don't have a clue about compression, my 2min 1080p @ 60fps are 1Go :/

Export to X264 with a quantizer based compression method you say?

I took japanese classes, but this sure looks like chinese to me :D

If you have an advice for me on how to reduce the size of my projects, I'll be grateful! I'm using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.0, and export with the following settings :

XAVC S HD 1080 Long-GOP 59.94p

Audio : 48 000 Hz; 16 Bit (MAC); Stéréo; PCM
Vidéo : 59,940 ips; 1920 x 1080 Progressif; xacs

Forme du pixel : 1,000

It's in french I'm sorry...

PS : I can't get rid of the white lines ... I must be dumb :D

Edited by Glorified Gameplay
FixingG00D

Thank you, man!

I think using FRAPS, Dxtory or Shadowplay will achieve better results. Adding compression before your final delivery export is not really ideal.

I'm trying to figure out getting a true raw lossless capture even though it eats hard disk space fast. Yes your files can easily go into 100+gb but once you have done your final export (e.g Handbrake x264 MP4), these can be deleted. It all depends how much hard drive space you have.

Is there a way to backup the clips data files for the editor, so that if you needed to, you could recapture your project from R* Editor?

For those that don't favour videos in 60fps but lower frame rates, I'm curious as to wether limiting / locking the game's fps to 30fps would allow smooth steady fps playback in the editor with all graphics maxed? In theory it should work. There are several ways to lock the fps.

• Like 1
Hedbonker

I'm trying to figure out getting a true raw lossless capture even though it eats hard disk space fast.

I would be real curious about this. How would you achieve RAW? cDNG / REDRaw / ARRIRaw etc. files contain non-debayered sensor data. Not something you can recreate in a video game.