1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTAV Rockstar Editor Video Showcase

Crocodile Hunter
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FixingG00D

• FinalFlamePro

• AxelEurope

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the first issue of the newly-begun Rockstar Editor Competition! The competition will occur over the week from Monday to Friday, with the winners being announced on Monday along with the ne

[JUDGE'S CATEGORY] Title: "Forsaken" Platform: PC Description: An astronaut realizes the harsh truth as he explores a desolate future Earth. I focused a lot on trying to create a lot of atmosp

Guys, I made a thing! Hopefully you like the thing!  

Hey everyone, never entered this before but I figured I'll give it a shot since a Friend and I are trying to get our Channel out there.

Round 10 Entry

Title: Garbage Man: The Movie Trailer

Platform: Xbox One

Description: When life gets you down, become a Garbage Man. But being a trash collector has it's ups and downs.

Hope you enjoy.

I used have an account here years ago under the username "Noru" but I can not remember which Email I used of even the password from back then.

• Like 6

Guys, I made a thing! Hopefully you like the thing! :D

I like the thing! Goodjob ;)

• Like 2

Guys, I made a thing! Hopefully you like the thing! :D

WOW! Super well made, super polished, animations were on point, action was exciting, I've nothing bad to say about this. You're up there with the best machinimators (?) in my book. I hope R* see this and promote it, you deserve all the views.

@RisingJake............the force is strong in this one.

Amazing!

Well done, great cinematography and story. I knew it from the trailer this 'THING' was gonna be good.

I wish i had the knowledge of the mods to do something like this. My trailer for the round 10 contest is only about a minute and a half long, and its probably going to take me about 2 weeks to make....so sad

• Like 2

@RisingJake............the force is strong in this one.

Amazing!

Well done, great cinematography and story. I knew it from the trailer this 'THING' was gonna be good.

I wish i had the knowledge of the mods to do something like this. My trailer for the round 10 contest is only about a minute and a half long, and its probably going to take me about 2 weeks to make....so sad

It takes massive amounts of patience to get GTA to work sometimes. Anything that looks good will be worth it, though :)

Hey all, took a shot at something I'd been wanting to try for a while.

Shot this music video/short type thing, using almost entirely 'tilt-shift' or 'miniature' style visuals. All but two of the shots were done this way.

For anyone who wants to know how I went about it, it's essentially just shot isometrically (that a word?), with a really narrow depth of field, running at double playback speed, and around 0.300 undersample rate. Also worth noting I rendered out the clips at 30fps, not 60. I can go more in-depth if anyone wanted, let me know.

Edited by ehmaysi

Round 10 Entry

Title: The Strangers: Trailer Remake

Platform: PS4

Description: Trailer Remake of the 2008 horror movie 'The Strangers' starring Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman. Evil masked trespassers stalk an innocent couple who are just home from a wedding reception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5z-IepwPQ

Please tell me what you think :)

Nice job! Second half felt a lot better & more polished than the first half. Maybe there you took a bit more time to get camera angles, add in nice camera movement and all that? ;)

Hey all, took a shot at something I'd been wanting to try for a while.

Shot this music video/short type thing, using almost entirely 'tilt-shift' or 'miniature' style visuals. All but two of the shots were done this way.

For anyone who wants to know how I went about it, it's essentially just shot isometrically (that a word?), with a really narrow depth of field, running at double playback speed, and around 0.300 undersample rate. Also worth noting I rendered out the clips at 30fps, not 60. I can go more in-depth if anyone wanted, let me know.

Really sweet video! Was interested right when I saw the title. I have worked with tilt-shift cameras, or actually view camera's which can get this effect because you can move the lens independently from the film. It's a lot of fun to do, and you did a great job recreating this effect. Really works better than I expected! This would also combine really well with documentary narration I bet.

Round 10 Entry

Title: The Strangers: Trailer Remake

Platform: PS4

Description: Trailer Remake of the 2008 horror movie 'The Strangers' starring Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman. Evil masked trespassers stalk an innocent couple who are just home from a wedding reception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5z-IepwPQ

Sweet entry FF! Still haven't seen this movie, although I have been wanting to for a while.

Edited by Lt_Nucky
  • Like 2

Hi All! I made a little 4 minute film. It was my first time using the Rockstar Editor and i had to finish off the edit in WMM. Im posting using my phone so i hope the link works ok :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All! I made a little 4 minute film. It was my first time using the Rockstar Editor and i had to finish off the edit in WMM. Im posting using my phone so i hope the link works ok :)

I liked the references to older games. Was the 70's referenced to Dukes of Hazzard, or Interstate '76? I played I76, but never watched DoH.

I liked the references to older games. Was the 70's referenced to Dukes of Hazzard, or Interstate '76? I played I76, but never watched DoH.

Yeah its Dukes of Hazzard. Thanks for watching, i appreciate it :)

Please tell me what you think :)

Nice job! Second half felt a lot better & more polished than the first half. Maybe there you took a bit more time to get camera angles, add in nice camera movement and all that? ;)

Yes I put a lot more time in too the 2nd half as I added the first few shots the day I uploaded it.

Do you guys think we'll ever get a big expansion to GTA, like a whole new map to explore? I'd like some more areas to record in, North Yankton access would be nice.

Also do you guys think there's much chance of them updating Director Mode anymore? I'd have so many more options if they'd just let me place NPCs on the map and maybe 'programme' them a little ie Hostile/follow/be scared/have this weapon/go from here to here, anything more in depth than that would be very welcome but I'd be happy with just that, the worst part is...all of that is essentially already in the game when you create a custom capture type job, you can place NPCs, pick their weapons and hostility level and stuff like that, the only problem is you need another person to actually do those jobs online and I'd like to do it solo in director mode so I can use all those settings. Surely it would be relatively easy to bring that system over to director mode right?

If I had the money I'd get a decent rig just for GTA V.

Edited by old snake
  • Like 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I honestly don't think they're bothering with single player anymore. It doesn't bring in any profit, so why bother putting money into it.

If you look at it from a business stand point, there's no gain from working on new things for SP. They've pretty much squeezed sales dry, because everyone already owns the game.

As sad as it is, I can't see the logic of them bothering on it.

All of this things you ask for are all things I've exhausted myself asking for, for months now. It doesn't mean we should give up hope though. I remember a petition going around a little while ago for SP updates, so there's a huge ask for it.

On another note:

I thought I was going to be uploading the first episode of Trailer Trash today, but I sent it off for the audio to be mastered last night, and my mastering guy is busy until the weekend. I'm so stoked with how it came out, but I don't want to upload it until it's completely polished.

Do you guys think we'll ever get a big expansion to GTA, like a whole new map to explore? I'd like some more areas to record in, North Yankton access would be nice.

Also do you guys think there's much chance of them updating Director Mode anymore? I'd have so many more options if they'd just let me place NPCs on the map and maybe 'programme' them a little ie Hostile/follow/be scared/have this weapon/go from here to here, anything more in depth than that would be very welcome but I'd be happy with just that, the worst part is...all of that is essentially already in the game when you create a custom capture type job, you can place NPCs, pick their weapons and hostility level and stuff like that, the only problem is you need another person to actually do those jobs online and I'd like to do it solo in director mode so I can use all those settings. Surely it would be relatively easy to bring that system over to director mode right?

If I had the money I'd get a decent rig just for GTA V.

I honestly don't think they're bothering with single player anymore. It doesn't bring in any profit, so why bother putting money into it.

If you look at it from a business stand point, there's no gain from working on new things for SP. They've pretty much squeezed sales dry, because everyone already owns the game.

As sad as it is, I can't see the logic of them bothering on it.

All of this things you ask for are all things I've exhausted myself asking for, for months now. It doesn't mean we should give up hope though. I remember a petition going around a little while ago for SP updates, so there's a huge ask for it.

On another note:

I thought I was going to be uploading the first episode of Trailer Trash today, but I sent it off for the audio to be mastered last night, and my mastering guy is busy until the weekend. I'm so stoked with how it came out, but I don't want to upload it until it's completely polished.

Yeah I wouldn't count on any SP updates/dlc/expansions at all. Like CKR187 said, from a business point of view it does not seem like the logical next step, though I think they would still have plenty of sales if it was something like lost & the damned pack. But it is more likely that all resources not required for GTA:Online, are working on an actual next gen GTA.

And in the end GTA never really does expansions or DLC right? I mean it was only the 2 packs for GTA 4, which I believe was partially a test for having multiple main characters for the player, in the same city. 3 comletely different guys, allowing for different types of missions in different types of atmospheres

These types of additions are a MUST for the director mode. They updated it a while back to allow you to add props and cars (from your SP garage) into Director Mode using the 'Scene Creator' I think its called. That surely is where they intend to add more things such as NPCs and proper vehicle spawning. Without this, the console version of the Director Mode is severely lacking. Simply being able to spawn NPC's would solve nearly all of my issues making videos.

I hope they realise the importance of such an update. They've created such a terrific and in my opinion priceless new addition (Rockstar Editor) to the Grand Theft Auto series and they should keep adding to it and improving it to ensure its fully realized.

Edited by FinalFlamePro
  • Like 2

These types of additions are a MUST for the director mode. They updated it a while back to allow you to add props and cars (from your SP garage) into Director Mode using the 'Scene Creator' I think its called. That surely is where they intend to add more things such as NPCs and proper vehicle spawning. Without this, the console version of the Director Mode is severely lacking. Simply being able to spawn NPC's would solve nearly all of my issues making videos.

I hope they realise the importance of such an update. They've created such a terrific and in my opinion priceless new addition (Rockstar Editor) to the Grand Theft Auto series and they should keep adding to it and improving it to ensure its fully realized.

Do you remember that game called "The Movies" from.....quite a couple of years ago. Think it was published by lionshead. It was like a sim-game where you had to run a movie studio. So there was the aspect of building structures like movie-sets, trailers for the actors, PR-department and all that. But there also was the option to completely make your own movies. You could go to a set, set time of day + weather. Choose scenes from a massive list, some for only 1 actor, some for up to 4 actors + extra's. Then they all had some variations, you could choose who get's shot and who doesn't, give them props, customize outfits & all that stuff. It was pretty advanced for it's time. And I would LOVE to see rockstar add similar features to the rockstar editor.

Just a quick update.

Had to take a break from gta to do a studio refurb job, so not been very active on here or film club. Not got PC access for the moment.

Will try to watch a lot of these videos and entries asap. Hopefully tweet em too.

Thanks to everyone that has submitted entries so far. Hope more can enter.

Regarding SP DLC. Highly doubt it. I reckon even gta online will wind down soon with new updates. I imagine the current houser / North / take 2 lawsuit will have impacted things a bit too.

I would consider pc imo. You have everything you could want. I'm just scratching the surface of building new interiors. PC is worth the investment imo.

• Like 3

Just a quick update.

Had to take a break from gta to do a studio refurb job, so not been very active on here or film club. Not got PC access for the moment.

Will try to watch a lot of these videos and entries asap. Hopefully tweet em too.

Thanks to everyone that has submitted entries so far. Hope more can enter.

Regarding SP DLC. Highly doubt it. I reckon even gta online will wind down soon with new updates. I imagine the current houser / North / take 2 lawsuit will have impacted things a bit too.

I would consider pc imo. You have everything you could want. I'm just scratching the surface of building new interiors. PC is worth the investment imo.

Scene Creator is what gave me hope that they would support Director Mode, but the longer we go without an update to Director Mode, the less hope I have for it. If only we weren't so niche.

• Like 1