2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Why Aren't Heist Leaders Paid for Setups?

Eggobites90

Eggobites90

I understand them paying upfront costs, but what's the reasoning for them not getting paid for the setups?

Because the heist leader gets the biggest cut at the end usually, unless they're a really nice guy. Pretty obvious.

Eggobites90

The logic is that the other players are hired hands.

The heist leader merely hosts the planning board room...all four players including the leader are working for a 3rd party...

Shadowfennekin

Because the Hosts get the most cut if they go for default or 40-20 split

The crew wouldn't do setups for free, especially since they probably won't even get invited to the Finale. They're hired help. If you don't like not getting paid, just join random setups. I just hosted all the Heists then joined randoms in case more Heists come out in the future, I can play them straight away instead of waiting for invites. Hosting once is enough for me. Especially with how often dumbasses get in them

The default/suggested cut gives the leader more money and the members are being paid "by the leader" basically. They're hired help. It was said that the buy in price was done to "fund" the setups and stuff.

The crew wouldn't do setups for free, especially since they probably won't even get invited to the Finale. They're hired help. If you don't like not getting paid, just join random setups. I just hosted all the Heists then joined randoms in case more Heists come out in the future, I can play them straight away instead of waiting for invites. Hosting once is enough for me. Especially with how often dumbasses get in them

This is not even true. 40/60 gives the host less money than the rest of the players.

Edited by BlueSocks
  • Like 2

Because if it's not coming out of my wallet, I couldn't give less of a damn.

Eggobites90

The default 40/20/20/20 cut is NOT the reason why leaders are not paid for setups.

The inverse is true:

The cut is 40/20/20/20 BECAUSE leaders are not paid for setups.

So working our way backwards through R* logic, why are leaders not paid for setups?

Edited by Eggobites90
  • Like 1

I've yet to do any heists with anyone other then my original group. If you do them with randoms the cuts can be a hassle. However, with friends we simply agreed to take turns going 25/25/25/25. Heist leader tends to get the short end of the stick but at least it's fair since we all take turns.

Being the heist leader is a massive rip off, especially if you try and be fair and make sure everyone finishes the heist with the same cash. You put in just as much effort and expense as the other players plus you pay the set-up but you get nothing until the finale - total bull crap, particularly in the final heist.

You'd be better off playing contact missions solo and idle for 10 minutes in each one to max out the payment.

If this was the case then the heist leader would not be required to do anything aside from pay the set-up cost. The heist leader is a hired hand as it is either Lester Trevor or the other guy who get us to do the heist.

Besides the usual stuff I really wish they'd implement a "Heist History" that'd display when players join your heists or simply view while searching. A feature where you can search for heist members with certain qualties such as heist setup completions and what jobs they tend to perform well would be awesome. Add in a feature on whether they play with friends only or tend to play with randoms would be cool too.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T

The default/suggested cut gives the leader more money and the members are being paid "by the leader" basically. They're hired help. It was said that the buy in price was done to "fund" the setups and stuff.

This is not even true. 40/60 gives the host less money than the rest of the players.

Not on Pacific Standard

why are you guys not playing for fun and always worrying about money?

• Like 3

why are you guys not playing for fun and always worrying about money?

Because heists are not fun.

• Like 3

B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Being the heist leader is a massive rip off, especially if you try and be fair and make sure everyone finishes the heist with the same cash. You put in just as much effort and expense as the other players plus you pay the set-up but you get nothing until the finale - total bull crap, particularly in the final heist.

You'd be better off playing contact missions solo and idle for 10 minutes in each one to max out the payment.

If this was the case then the heist leader would not be required to do anything aside from pay the set-up cost. The heist leader is a hired hand as it is either Lester Trevor or the other guy who get us to do the heist.

To my knowledge it's 16 minutes to achieve max payout. I think solo you can earn a max of 21, 000 on RR

So let's say you do 5 Rooftop Rumbles in a row.

16 minutes x 5 = 80 mins. That's an hour and 20 mins.

The 21, 000 payout x 5 = 105, 000

So you can potentially make 105, 000 in an hour and 20 mins grinding RR by yourself.

Now take the Pac Standard heist.

26, 000 per set up as a crew member and most of them you can blow through. That's 130, 000 right there before even factoring in the heist which at 40/20/20/20 has a max payout of 250, 000. All you need is competent friends and this whole heist is fairly easy. I know, I do it almost every day.

Now as a leader you front 100, 000 and have a max payout of 500, 000 for the heist. Again, with a competent team you can walk away with near the max payout in probably equal or less time than it takes you to play those 5 RRs.

I think Pac Standard is by far the best way to make money and your actually PLAYING the game instead of sitting idle for many minutes at a time on missions.

Edited by B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • Like 2

Nope. You make more money finishing contact missions around 5-6 minutes for a payout that is almost half the maximum amount you get for wasting time up to the 15 minute cap. Chaining missions together one after another, your hourly rate by doing them in 5 minutes is going to be a good 30+% higher than taking 15 minutes each.

You seem like a very sour individual. Turn your console off and find something else to do.

Edited by Nutduster
  • Like 2

Notgonnasay

Max. Payout != best payout/minute...

In 80 minutes of Trash Talk completing it after 4 minutes + 1 minute loading screens I could finish TT 16 times, so I'd make about 180k in that time..

But who cares, if you want to make money missions are always better than heists if you do all the setup missions, but it's not only about money, it's about fun. For quick money look for a working money glitch..

Edited by Notgonnasay

In 80 minutes of Trash Talk completing it after 4 minutes + 1 minute loading screens I could finish TT 16 times, so I'd make about 180k in that time..

Exactly right - and it's still less than the max payout on Pacific Standard with a good team who won't waste time having to restart.

It's funny how it's always the biggest complainers who are the least likely to know what they're talking about.

Edited by Nutduster

Nope. You make more money finishing contact missions around 5-6 minutes for a payout that is almost half the maximum amount you get for wasting time up to the 15 minute cap. Chaining missions together one after another, your hourly rate by doing them in 5 minutes is going to be a good 30+% higher than taking 15 minutes each.

You seem like a very sour individual. Turn your console off and find something else to do.

When I'm idling in missions, I usually go do something else so it is hardly wasted time. I've got pleanty of cash in game and nothing to buy so it's not a big deal really, just find contact missions more fun now.

I've played all the heists several times. Nothing to do with being sour, just the entertainment factor is not what it was.

Idling through solo runs of contact missions you've played a million times, for cash you say you don't need, is more fun for you than doing cooperative heist missions that just came out a month ago?

I have no words.

• Like 4

Exactly right - and it's still less than the max payout on Pacific Standard with a good team who won't waste time having to restart.

It's funny how it's always the biggest complainers who are the least likely to know what they're talking about.

Says the guy who cried for weeks about players wanting to mind their own business in passive. Oh the irony......

Says the guy who cried for weeks about players wanting to mind their own business in passive. Oh the irony......

Yes, the irony is that apparently you STILL don't understand my point about that, even after I explained it 800 times. I have no problem with people actually minding their own business in passive. I do it myself.

Edited by Nutduster

Idling through solo runs of contact missions you've played a million times, for cash you say you don't need, is more fun for you than doing cooperative heist missions that just came out a month ago?

I have no words.

None of them are particularly exciting for me anymore but at least I can play contact missions solo and go do something else at the same time.

That's a first you having no words.

Heists aren't about the money, think I spent like 40k to start one, took about 4 hours after we dicked around and re drove north a few times, then after a nice fair 4 way 25% split my cut was 110k. So after ammo... dont even think about it.

do missions instead if you want money

Because progress saves to them and they decide final cuts. Crew members aren't guaranteed a spot in the actual heist, so they get some small pay for each setup to compensate. Heist leaders are always in the actual heist, so they can cut up the take to compensate for their loss in upfront costs and missing out on the setup pay. Simple.

• Like 1

I have no words.

None of them are particularly exciting for me anymore but at least I can play contact missions solo and go do something else at the same time.

If you don't need the money and barely enjoy the game, maybe just do the "something else" and don't play the game? WHAT A CONCEPT

Eggobites90

Okay back on topic before the hijack:

The default 40/20/20/20 cut is NOT the reason why leaders are not paid for setups.

The inverse is true:

The cut is 40/20/20/20 BECAUSE leaders are not paid for setups.

So working our way backwards through R* logic, why are leaders not paid for setups?

Leaders aren't paid for setups because it incentivizes them to play the entire heist through.

I have no words.

If you don't need the money and barely enjoy the game, maybe just do the "something else" and don't play the game? WHAT A CONCEPT

Where did I say I don't enjoy the game? Is GTA just heists now? I had a quite enjoyable freeroam battle last night then there's the social side of it which is great when you roll with decent people having a laugh.