1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Nihilanth1982

What are your top 10 favourite games ever?

Richard Power Colt

My top 10 favorite games in no particular order(except the first two being the best and second best):

1. Shadow of the Colossus(it's beautiful and epic and I f*cking love it)

2. Red Dead Redemption(probably my most played game ever at least on the PS3, because I had 2 friends who loved it as well and we used to f*ck around a lot together online. But I would say it's the best singleplayer game from R* as well)

3. Okami(played it on the PS3 for the first time, loved the story and art style, it was a very charming adventure throughout)

4. All 3 Jak and Daxter games(f*ck it I can't decide between them and I don't want to put them in separately, they're probably the games that I have the biggest nostalgia boner for and they are still fun to play)

5. Journey(it's one of the best minimalistic storytelling games out there)

6. Dishonored(it's the one game that really left me wanting to find out more about its world and lore, amazing gameplay mechanics too that allow for a lot of creativity)

7. Hotline Miami 1 & 2(maybe a bit more love for the first one since it didn't have frustrating level design, love the trippy-ass story, 80's style and frantic gameplay)

8. Skyrim(for at least like the 2 months that I played it non-stop, haven't touched it since, I haven't actually played a lot of games like it though and I feel like I should)

9. Half-Life 2 and it's Episodes(it's not really an amazing shooter by modern standards, but god dammit the story left me too intrigued and it pains me how Valve might never finish it)

10. Brothers: A tale of two sons(pretty much the same reasoning as Journey)

Honorable mentions:

War of the monsters(played it a sh*t ton as a kid and I wish they made a sequel with better physics)

SSX Tricky(also played it a lot as a kid)

Garry's Mod(my most played game on Steam, it's great with friends)

Minecraft(we made a cool tower)

GTA IV and V(the only GTA games I've played and have provided with me a lot of hours of fun)

Psychonauts(I'm only 3 hours in, but I'm loving it so far)

Star-Lord

10 - Crash Team Racing - PS1

09 - Final Fantasy Vll - PS1

08 - Super Maro Bros - Nintendo 64

07 - Demon Attack - Atari 2600

06 - Rayman - Dreamcast

05 - Star Wars Battlefront - PC

04 - GTAV - PC

03 - San Andreas - PC

02 - GTA3 - PC

01 - Vice City - PC

Yeah cause I game in both skools old and new. :cool:

toxluv

I'd like to add other 10 games that haven't been covered in the first comment I made in this topic. Consider them as "honorable mentions", though. However, here they are:

- Grand Theft Auto 2. To be honest, I'm not a very big fan of Top-Down games, but this one is an exception. The missions are amazingly fun, the setting (50's vehicles, contemporary architecture, and futuristic weapons) makes this game unique, not only as GTA game, but as a game in general. The radio stations host some very nice tracks and the inimitable Rockstar humor is there, as well. Also a huge improvement over its predecessor.

- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. I believe that GTA: Vice City Stories not only is the most underrated GTA, but also one of the most underrated video game in history. The storyline is not what you would expect from a GTA game where the protagonist is a career criminal who chose that kind of life by himself, Vic is a victim of the circumstances. His intentions are genuine, he's just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and as the game's description states, "Vic is faced with a stark choice - build an empire or be crushed". GTA: Vice City Stories' storyline had everything: a tragic love story, brotherhood, betrayals, funny moments, and so on. The gameplay is good, too; it's neither monotonous nor exaggerated, it took the best features from previous GTA games, adding new funny ones - it does feel very well balanced. Other things such as the fighting mechanics and side-missions are unique in the series - loved to play as a lifeguard in Vice City Beach, or taking over new properties while completing the "Empire Building" missions.

- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City. Maybe wrongly, but I've always considered both The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony as one game, especially because it's way larger and ambitious than most expansion packs we see today - some games don't even have them anymore. They brought brand new stories to the one we already previously played, as Niko Bellic, but more than just that: they had a very distinctive personality, also thank to the two new protagonists we played as. One thing I liked very much about them was their atmosphere and they showed us that Liberty City, quite surprisingly, could be even darker and grittier (TLaD), but, at same time, shiny and glamorous (TBoGT). The soundtrack, as most Rockstar's titles, was remarkable, fitting both games and introduced me to very talented artists.

- The Warriors. As a fan of Walter Hill's cult movie, this game satisfied me in every single way. I loved the missions, and flashbacks - in fact, it was very nice to see how each member joined the gang. The storyline was amazing, and the gameplay was brilliant from melee combat, to tagging, to mugging, et cetera. Each one of the nine members of The Warriors you play as have unique fighting styles and abilities, and the ability to control the other gang members via the "Warchief Commands" made you feel as you were always the boss. I praise this game's audio (quality, voice acting, music, et cetera) which is top-notch, and features most of the original cast. THhis makes it, at least to me, the best movie-tie game ever made, hence one of my favourite games ever.

- Hitman: Blood Money. I love Stealth games, and this game is the pinnacle of one of the best Stealth video game series. It's shiny, and very colorful, but, at the same time, a very violent and mysterious game. The replay-value, furthermore expanded by its multiple ways to complete an assassination, made it even more qualitative. Notable mention to the new "Accident" feature - killing a target making it seem like an accident.

- The Operative: No One Lives Forever. A game so unique, a game so charismatic! Loved Cate Archer - especially her sense of humor - the game's storyline, its level design filled with "Intelligence Items" to collect, the locations and the overall gameplay. On the PS2 it shows its age in some aspects, that make it a little bit frustrating, but that didn't make me doubt on the beauty of the game itself.

- Shadow Warrior Classic (1997). My favourite FPS game from the MS-DOS era, which is saying a lot as back in those days we had many amazing games that paved the way to the genre in today's gaming. It was very unique even though being similar to most FPS games of that time, and it really felt as the most improved one.

- inFamous. Wasn't expecting such a good game back when I first played it, but it had genuinely surprised me. I really liked the concept of the game, and Sucker Punch nailed it quite nicely.

- Super Mario Bros.. I have so many great memories playing this game on the Nintendo Entertainment System with my mother. I don't want to be wrong, but, if I recall correctly, this was the very first game I've played in my life at the age of 6 - I'm not very sure about it, though.

- Tekken 3. Another childhood game. I remember my mother taking my cousin and I to an arcade game room below my house, and I always beat the crap out of any character she chose as King.

Edited by toxluv

MatthewIRL

sh*t... no particular order here:

• A Link to the Past
  • Super Metroid
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Super Mario World
  • Majora's Mask
  • Metroid Prime
  • Super Mario 64
  • Knights of the Old Republic
  • A Wolf Among Us
  • Half-Life 2
Edited by AtchooMatchew

John The Grudge

These aren't necessarily the ten best games I've played, but rather a list of ten games that were significant to me at the time. It could be a much bigger list so I just picked a diverse selection of ten that quickly came to mind.

Western Fighter (C64)

Streets of Rage 2 (Sega Mega Drive)

Blade Runner (PC)

GTA Vice City (PS2)

Read Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)

Resident Evil 4 (PS2)

Donkey Kong Country (SNES)

Need For Speed (3DO)

Supreme Warrior (3DO)

LA Noire (Xbox 360)

What is Western Fighter I hear you cry. Well I had to look it up to find out the name. I was only little when I got a C64 with this game (I think it was built in). I didn't know what the aim was and I couldn't get very far but it was kind of my first console game. Looking back I think it had some kind of level editor thing but that was way over my head. My memory is very vague on the details. I know NFS on the 3DO doesn't hold up well at all but at the time the graphics amazed me. Me and my friend clocked in a ton of hours trying to beat each other's times. Supreme Warrior probably seems like an odd choice but it was my first and I think my only interactive movie style game. You essentially play a kung-fu movie from a first-person perspective. It was filmed at the Shaw Brothers studio in Hong Kong and felt very authentic if a little cheap. The actual gameplay is basically performing the correct move when the corresponding icon flashes on-screen. The whole experience blew me away it was so immersive.

Edited by John The Grudge

thatstupidbug

10. Fifa 98 - Road to world cup (psx)

09. Hitman blood money (ps2)

08. WWE All stars (ps3)

07. Mgs 1 + MGS 3 (it's a tie - PS2)

06. WWE Here comes the pain (ps2)

05. GTA III (ps2)

04. GTA San andreas - ONLY IF MODDED (pc)

03. Grand Prix 2 (PC)

02. Saints row 2 (ps3)

01. GTA Vice city (ps2)

Y Λ N K X V

1. - Grand Theft Auto IV (PC)

2. - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC)

3. - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)

4. - Fallout 3 (PC)

5. - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PC & PS2)

6. - Serious Sam: 1st and 2nd Encounter (PC)

7. - The Simpsons: Hit and Run (PC)

9. - Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PC)

10. - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (PS2)

Edited by Yankow

Rotary

-GTA IV

-Halo Combat Evolved

-RDRedemption

-GTA VC

-Insurgency/Day of Infamy

-Ace Combat X Skies of Deception

-Midtown Madness 3

-Midnight Club 3/LA

-Dirt 3

-Gran Turismo 6

Edited by Rotary

Billy Russo

1. San Andreas

2. Call of Duty 4. The best Call of Duty period IMO. I've never been invested in a game so much. The Single Player was great, I put hundreds and hundreds of hours in to the MP. No other FPS game has come close for me.

3. Vice City

4. Halo 3. Back when having Halo as an exclusive actually meant something. I don't even play Xbox anymore. One of the best games I've ever played, and the Custom Games scene was booming, so much hours of fun to be had. The Forge was awesome.

5. Black Ops 1. Awesome campaign, awesome Multiplayer. The last good truly GREAT COD IMO. I still enjoy it, and Black Ops 3 has brought my interest back a little bit, but it's no where near the level it used to be.

6. Resident Evil 4.

7. Saints Row 2

8. Fallout 3/New Vegas. I can't decide.

9. GTA V. Even though I'm bored to death of it now, and have even unistalled it. I still had a blast with it, and it lasted me until 2016. So that says a lot about the game itself. Online was great IMO, but it's on a very slow death, and I'm finding less and less reasons to play it.

10. Last of Us

Edited by Breaking Bad

ThatKyloRenGuy

1. Grand Theft Auto IV/EFLC

2. Grand Theft Auto VC

3. Grand Theft Auto III

4. Assassin’s Creed II

5. L. A. Noire

6. Max Payne 3

7. Red Dead Redemption

8. Mafia II

9. Call of Duty: WAW

10. Call of Duty: WW2

TheSantader25

10. Far Cry 3(X360) 

9. Hitman Absolution(Surprisingly liked this more than other hitmans)(X360) 

8. GTA III(PS2) 

7. The Last of Us(PS3) 

6. RDR(X360) 

5. GTA IV (+EFLC) (X360) 

4. NFS Most Wanted(2005)(PC) 

3. GTA Vice City(PS2) 

2. GTA V(PC+PS4+X360) 

1. GTA San Andreas(PC+PS2+PS4) 

Honorable mentions:Max Payne Series, Assassin's Creed Black Flag,Sleeping Dogs, NFS Carbon, Hitman Blood Money, Far Cry 2, LA Noire

Note:Not a fan of RPGs and Sci-fi games. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Goldn-Bayse
On 4/7/2015 at 8:15 AM, Goldn-Bayse said:

In no specfic order as of yet:

GTA IV and EFLC

Super Mario Sunshine

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Saints Row 2

Jak and Daxter: The precursor legacy

Jet Set Radio Future

Just Cause 2

Flower

Red Dead Redemption

Sonic Heroes

All the games I chose are because of how they affected my life or how I enjoyed games.

Wow. looking back my list has drastically changed compared to 3 years ago

Still in no particular order, my new list:

• GTA IV + EFLC
  • Super Mario Sunshine
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
  • Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Persona 3/4/5 (I honestly like all 3 games alot and can't decide which I like the most)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (How did I not have this before lol)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Yakuza 0
  • Pokemon Soulsilver
  • Nier: Automata 

Honorable Mentions:

• Jet Set Radio Future (Its hard to keep this on my list since I haven't played it since I was a kid)
  • Red Dead Redemption (I enjoyed my time with the game when I first played it 2013, but nowadays I find it hard to get back into)

American Venom

It's been about three years since I made a post so time for an update.

1) GTA IV. Well obviously my #1 hasn't changed and I doubt it ever will. 

2) Vice City.

3) Life Is Strange and Life Is Strange: Before The Storm.

4) TellTale's: The Walking Dead series.

5) Until Dawn.

6) Batman: Arkham Asylum.

7) Mafia II.

8) Heavy Rain.

9) Beyond: Two Souls.

10) The Warriors.

Honourable mentions.

-The Forza Horizon series.

-Red Dead Redemption.

-Max Payne 3.

Black Terminator

In on order but I will be going on the games I played in 90's to this very day.

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Sega Genesis)

Tekken 3

Tomb Raider (PS1)

WWF Wrestlemania The Arcade Game(Sega Genesis)

Ape Escape(PS1)

GTA Vice City (PS2)

GTA San Andreas (PS2)

Tekken 4

Sonic Adventure 2 

Pokemon Emerald

Infamous (PS3) 

ThatKyloRenGuy
14 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Same here man. Sci-fi games like Halo and most of the futuristic Call of Duty games make my head hurt! Just something about sci-fi games as well as RPGs that just doesn’t really seem to get my attention.

Mafia Assassin®

1- Grand Theft Auto IV

2- The Last of Us

3- Red Dead Redemption

4- Grand Theft Auto V

5- Mass Effect Trilogy

6- Fallout 3

7- Heavy Rain

8- Uncharted (PS3 Trilogy)

9- Bioshock Infinite

10- Grand Theft AutoSan Andreas

Honorable Mentions

Spoiler

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Dragon Age trilogy

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots

Dead Space Trilogy

Metro 2033 and Last Light

Fallout New Vegas

The Walking Dead Season 1

Dishonored

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Deadly Premonition

Mafia 2

Okami

inFamous 1 and 2

Altered Beast

Golden Axe

Edited by Mafia Assassin®
The list will probably get bigger as I edit, because I always forget something

markusizr

Mine is 

10 Serious SAm

9 Manhunt 

8 GTA VCS on PSP

7 James Bond Games

6 Need For Speed games

5  Stalker games

4 GTA SA

3 Call of Duty Black ops, WAW and MW3 on xbox360

2 Civ 3

1 Batman games

Pocket Fox

1: Metal Gear Solid (PS1)

2: Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

3: Half Life (PC)

4: Guild Wars (PC)

5: The Sims 2 (PC)

6: Age of Empires II (PC)

7: Shadows of the Colossus (PS2)

8: GTA San Andreas (PC)

9: Total War: Shogun 2 (PC)

10: Civilisation 3 (PC)

Sinner!

10 is a bit drawn out & hard to list, but my all-time top two favourite games are Grand Theft Auto IV & Bully.

ZekoX

The best/favorite game that I have played is Silent Hill. No one beats it though, unless there's a better survival-game that I play.

1. Silent Hill

2. Call Of Duty 2

3. GTA Vice City

4. Battlefield 2

5. GTA San Andreas

6. Bully

7. Empire Earth

8. Euro Truck Simulator 2

9. Farming Simulator 2015

10. Resident Evil

Edited by ZekoX

DEALUX

There's no order for me, but I'd say the following:

GTA 3
GTA VC
GTA SA
GTA IV
GTA V
Red Dead Redemption

Forza Motorsport 6 (though the previous titles have all mostly been good)

Forza Horizon 3

Quake 2

Quantum Break (the gameplay wasn't the best ever but it's a good example of doing a comprehensive story within an action video game right)

I would probably also add Mafia 1 to this list as well as other games that I can't remember right now. Edit: Perhaps some of the older Hitman games, like Hitman 2.

Edited by Dealux

Corndawg93

1) The Last of Us

2) Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

3) Horizon Zero Dawn

4) Red Dead Redemption

5) GTA V

6) GTA IV

7) Crash Twinsanity

8) Uncharted 2

9) God of War

10) Spider-Man 

jpm1
On 4/13/2015 at 6:18 PM, marmoo said:

10.Kick Off - Atari St -

I could go on for ever

I love games :p

kick off dude. so many good memories ^^

On 6/29/2015 at 12:03 PM, Dwnld said:

I can name only two games as the best games without a doubt. The rest of them are in random order.

1. Carmageddon

2. Lemmings 2: The Tribes (for Amiga)

Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)

Crysis

Far Cry

F.E.A.R.

Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2

Command and Conquer: Generals

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

BloodRayne 2

command & conquer. it's impossible to forget that game intro man

1. on an art level. The town of light. how could i say. that game has jumped into my soul. and will never get out of it. it's about how the mad were treated in Italy in the 1940s. i even made a kind of pilgrimage last month in Volterra Italy (Tuscany), where the asylum featured in the game is located. Italian art at its finest..

1. on a gameplay level. GTAIV. exactly TBoGT with Niko mod. do i need to introduce Niko man 🤗

3. Sleeping dogs

4. Street fighter II turbo (SNES)

5. Total war: Rome II (my steam most played game)

6. ex aequo. Euro truck simulator 2. the game i always come back to, when i'm bored with other games

6. Assassin's creed origins. a game made with love that definitely deserves to be part of my gaming anthology list

8. Silent hunter III. the game where the hunter becomes prey in seconds ^^

9. Command & conquer: Red alert (PS1). mythical, anthology, unforgettable, whatever you want..

10. Final fight (Arcade)

honorable mention:

- Chase HQ (Arcade)

- X-rebirth

- Spintires

- Far cry primal

- LA noire

- Centurion (Amiga)

- Wings of fury (Amiga)

games i don't play anymore (because i don't own console, or simply because i don't like anymore), but that strongly influenced my gamer history

- Zelda (SNES)

- Gran turismo (PS1)

- Tomb raider (PS1)

games that i play, and enjoy a lot. but i can't tell if they are anthology. as i own them since a couple of months only

Assetto corsa

Dirt rally.

Edited by jpm1

Domand

My top ten favorite games are...

1- Red Dead Redemption

2- Assassins Creed 2

3- Assassins Creed (The first one)

4- Grand Theft Auto 4

5- Assassins Creed 4

6- Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

7- Call of Duty Modern Warfare Series

8- Tell Tale The Walking Dead Series

9- Batman Arkham Series

10- Bioshock

Honorable Mentions

- Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare (More like a DLC for the main game but I like it on its own)

- Call of Duty Black Ops 1 and 2

- Assassins Creed Origins (Loved the way they brought the game back after it started becoming unpopular)

TheSantader25
On 9/13/2018 at 8:13 AM, TheSantader25 said:

10. Far Cry 3(X360) 

9. Hitman Absolution(Surprisingly liked this more than other hitmans)(X360) 

8. GTA III(PS2) 

7. The Last of Us(PS3) 

6. RDR(X360) 

5. GTA IV (+EFLC) (X360) 

4. NFS Most Wanted(2005)(PC) 

3. GTA Vice City(PS2) 

2. GTA V(PC+PS4+X360) 

1. GTA San Andreas(PC+PS2+PS4) 

Honorable mentions:Max Payne Series, Assassin's Creed Black Flag,Sleeping Dogs, NFS Carbon, Hitman Blood Money, Far Cry 2, LA Noire

Updating After RDR2 and some changes overall. 

1.GTA San Andreas

2.GTA V

3.Red Dead Redemption 2

4.The Last of Us

5.GTA Vice City

6.GTA IV(+EFLC) 

7.NFS Most Wanted 2005

8.Red Dead Redemption

9.Hitman Absolution

10.AC Black Flag

Honorable Mentions:Sleeping Dogs

, GTA III, Far Cry 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted Series, Max Payne Series, God of War Series, LA Noire, The Legend Of Zelda Series,GTA VCS. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Jerking For Soup

1. Fallout 3/New Vegas

2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

3. L.A. Noire

4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

5. Dishonoured 2

6. Modern Warfare 2

7. Halo 3

8. Red Dead Redemption

9. GTA IV w/ All DLC

10. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (couldn't get as much into it as I did the others)

Runners Up/Honourable Mentions:

- Dishonoured 

- Red Dead Redemption 2

- Fallout 4

- The Walking Dead: Season One

- The Wolf Among Us

- GTA: San Andreas

- Batman: Arkham City

- Witcher 3

- Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines

Edited by Jerking For Soup

Sanches

My favorite games without particular order:

1. Cry Of Fear.

A trully great horror game, where i find many things in common between me and the main character. I also love attention to sounds.

2. Mafia 2.

As it's less mafia than the Mafia 1 game, i like the 40-50's bandit feel and sountrack. Especially the winter Emprie Bay.

3. Far Cry 3.

There's something up with this game, which makes me comeback to it almost every year. Usually i don't like games/movies where a single character cleans the whole armies all alone, but this one is exception.

4. Metro 2033.

One of my favorite apocalypse games. This game is one of the best in giving a player that atmosphere. I liked the game so much, i even bought trilogy books.

5. Hard Truck Apocalypse.

This is my second favorite apocalypse game. I loved the lore about having trucks to replace literally any connections between towns. I even got inspired by this game when making my own "dream" game idea (which you can find WIP here).

6. Battlefield 4.

My favorite FPS game. There's a lot's of things wrong about it, starting from balance issues and ending with toxic community, but somehow i managed to get over it and still enjoy the game.

7. Destiny 2.

The only one sci-fi FPS game i liked. Destiny 1 got my attention with player's visual customization, which is restricted, but still looks nice. I waited it to pop up on PC and now i got it. Really good casual FPS game to kill time and relax in PVE.

GTAgamerWyald

1. Super Metroid

2. GTA San Andreas

3. Donkey Kong Country 2

4. Metal Gear Solid 3

5. Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

6. Bloodborne

7. Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask

8. Shadow of the Colosus

9. Metroid Prime 1

10. Resident Evil 4

Honorable mentions

Red Dead 2

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Last of Us

ICO

GTA Vice City

Max Payne series

Far Cry 3

Dark Souls 1

DKC Tropical Freeze

Forza Horizon

Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver

Edited by GTAgamerCR7

Big Molio

1. INSIDE

Playdead's follow up to LIMBO. I just love everything about this game, the dystopian themes, the art direction and probably most of all, Martin Stig Andersson's soundtrack. The "shockwave" sequence is worth the price of admission alone, and the ending is bizarre and thought provoking. I loved it.

2. LIMBO

Playdead's first platformer. It looks like the type of spooky, haunting, fuzzy imagery that you have when you are half-asleep or dreaming. Almost like some German art-house stuff. I've played it through a few times and never get fed up of it.

3. GTA: San Andreas

I can't tell you how many hours I sank into this. I played it so much I wore out two copies of the game on CD. I loved the theme, encapsulating the whole 90's Boyz N The Hood / Juice thing, because that was my era. The journey from Los Santos to San Fierro in The Mothership with The Truth remains one of the most memorable and smile inducing segments of video game-play ever.

4. The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

I played this for two years almost exclusively. I dread to think just how many hours I sat staring at those long loading screens waiting to enter other areas on the map.

5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I loved this one, because of the Himalaya segments. I'm a big fan of puzzle solving in games so enjoyed all of these, but no.2 remains most memorable.

6. Red Dead Redemption

Nothing needs to be said about this really.

7. Trials HD (and the others in the franchise)

One of those games that is just furiously addictive.

8. Manhunt

This seriously needs to be remade as a modern game, with some focus on the play mechanic, which was a bit limited. Loved the themes though.

9. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

My first foray into TES but I loved this a lot. It was a surprise to me as I expected to hate it, and I ended sucked in right from the start when Patrick Stewart's voiced character is guiding me out of those dungeons.

10. Gears of War (+ 2 and 3)

Love this franchise, because I think it did this really great job of world-building, even if the play mechanic isn't the best. The GoW universe with its nicknames and monikers for everything felt lived in and real "Tickers" "Boomers" "Wretches" "Hammer of Dawn" etc etc - awesome

Honourable mentions

WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role / Just Bring It / Here Comes the Pain etc

Hours spent on Create-A-Wrestler and wrestling my mate over a few beers brings back good memories lol

Conflict Desert Storm / Desert Storm 2 / Jungle Storm / Global Storm etc

These military games were great I used to think

Syphon Filter 1 / 2

A bit of a Metal Gear rip off in many ways but I still loved these

SSX Tricky (series)

Was big on snowboarding games back in the day

Tony Hawk's (series)

Skateboarding games too

Edited by Big Molio

Candy_Licker

Witcher 3

CHrono Trigger

VIce City (has aged terribly but my top GTA experience

San Andreas (no need to explain really)

Crusader Kings II very unique, incredibly fun mix of strategy and RPG

Def Jam Fight For NY (had tons of fun with this)

Mario Kart (one spot for endless fun spread through several iterations)

Medieval Total War

Medieval 2: Total War (I think this is the game that I spent the most time with, thanks to modding)

10th  is hard to decide... Age Of Empire II should be mentioned, as this game influenced me like no other. Pro Evolution 6 is a strong contender.

Freelancer maybe also a shout.. too few epic Space adventures. Xcom II has been one of the best gaming experiences in the past few years. Maybe Zelda: A Link To The Past? Distant Worlds is also a game like no other.

Edited by Candy_Licker