3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Insurance fines

NuclearRain777

NuclearRain777

I was just normally driving around, and then some idiot with sticky bombs decided to blow me up. He had a Zentorno and I was wondering -

If people have a lot of money, the fine should suit their wealthiness. $6,000 means nothing to a rich player.

This is really annoying, because to them it's just handing over pennies instead of a proper fine.

Post your ideas below.

Edited by NuclearRain777

Here's something that should belong in the Bitch & Moan thread... but it's directly linked so I'll moan away.

2 players choose to attack me for whatever reason. They use Entities. They kill me a few times by using the age-old "shoot from behind because my rear window is impenetrable from small arms fire" so eventually I think I've had enough.

Take out my grenade launcher and kill them (as it's the only defense you have seeing as small arms won't hit them) and of course, get the $9k fee, twice. It's not really fair that they can kill me an unlimited number of times, with my only other defenses being a) Find new session, b) Passive mode or, c) Off the Radar (no guarantee it would work), which could all be considered as "pussy tactics"

Insurance in addition to Bad Sport points is a farce. The game should recognise people are driving past you, stopping and then shooting backwards and allow you to destroy their vehicle an unlimited number of times, with THEM having to pay the bill, because that would balance things out a bit.
But of course, if there isn't any intended malice you should still be punished if you're blowing things up "just for the hell of it".

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 1

I was just normally driving around, and then some idiot with sticky bombs decided to blow me up. He had a Zentorno and I was wondering -

If people have a lot of money, the fine should suit their wealthiness. $6,000 means nothing to a rich player.

This is really annoying, because to them it's just handing over pennies instead of a proper fine.

Post your ideas below.

That would defy logic of life. If your rich (say you have $50m) and have to pay $60,000 for a $30,000 vehicles insurance, that just wouldn't work.

I'm space efficient.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/681131-gtao-the-official-btch-moan-topic/

Your welcome.

1) I hadn't said I'm space efficient, so you'd created a quote from me, and really your point should be addressing the entire OP.

2) I've been on these forums since '06, not just a few weeks so know how things work around here, incl. the mods etc. The thread would/ should be merged with the B&M topic if necessary if that was deemed the best course of action. Or as usual it'd be locked.

3) Here's a list of the current forum staff, I didn't see your name listed? Perhaps you should make an application. http://gtaforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

You're welcome.

• Like 1

Having more money and paying more out in insurance costs doesn't work as it's all relative. If you have $50M in the bank, paying $60k is still pocket change.

What I would like to see is no insurance payout at all if it's an armoured vehicle such as an Armoured Karuma or the troll patrol's finest douchebag rides such as the Entity or Zen with their borderline bulletproof rear. Plus, the redder your dot on the map, the less should be paid out as frankly you deserve to be sh;t on from a great height. Karma is a bitch, and there is no reason why the victim should have to pay twice.

1) I hadn't said I'm space efficient, so you'd created a quote from me, and really your point should be addressing the entire OP.

2) I've been on these forums since '06, not just a few weeks so know how things work around here, incl. the mods etc. The thread would/ should be merged with the B&M topic if necessary if that was deemed the best course of action. Or as usual it'd be locked.

3) Here's a list of the current forum staff, I didn't see your name listed? Perhaps you should make an application. http://gtaforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=leaders

You're welcome.

1) I said Space Efficient because I didn't want to post a long quote.

2) Um... Okay?

3) The thing is I didn't see your name there either :/. You don't have to be a staff to point out something should be in another section/thread.

You're welcome.

But it shouldn't be in another section/ thread, clearly, thus your point is redundant.

If it was, it would've been moved already?

And don't worry, I wouldn't want to be a mod on this forum, the workload is enough. But pointing these things out in the way you and others do just sounds very dick-ish attempting to be something you're not and is considered non-contributory spam, jus' saying.

Rabid Vulpix

my only other defenses being a) Find new session, b) Passive mode or, c) Off the Radar (no guarantee it would work), which could all be considered as "pussy tactics"

Who gives a sh*t if it's p*ssy tactics?

Are you saying that those two guys reverse shooting you were performing a manly tactic, seriously?

If they are going to use cheap tactics that make you pay either with a fine or lives over & over again, just switch to passive.

Who gives a f*ck if those annoying trollers whine & complain about it, their actions that led to it are just as bad if not more cowardly.

Edited by Foreverpast

Lord_Smasherton

Post your ideas below.

Just call mmi and get it back. It barely inconvenienced you.

Having more money and paying more out in insurance costs doesn't work as it's all relative. If you have $50M in the bank, paying $60k is still pocket change.

What I would like to see is no insurance payout at all if it's an armoured vehicle such as an Armoured Karuma or the troll patrol's finest douchebag rides such as the Entity or Zen with their borderline bulletproof rear. Plus, the redder your dot on the map, the less should be paid out as frankly you deserve to be sh;t on from a great height. Karma is a bitch, and there is no reason why the victim should have to pay twice.

I drive a zentorno and an armoured karuma but I don't grief/troll/reverse-kill,/..., why should I be punished when someone blows up my car?

Red dots don't start out red and I think you can turn a red dot white pretty fast by doing missions.

You're not so much being punished for the car choice as being punished for being a bright red dot in a car that gives an unfavourable advantage. If you are going to be that aggressive expect the consequences. Now could someone bring that colour down? yes. But apparently it still takes about 45 minutes of playing missions for it to revert to white. If that's 45 minutes without some dick being a bad sport himself in the first place and leaving the server i'm on then I can live with that.

But since when did griefers/trolls take the time to play missions, let alone care about being a red dot on the map?

Rabid Vulpix

Y'all are aware that being a red dot often has nothing to do with being a bad sport?

There's the bad sport pool, & quite frankly you can be a red dot just for fighting npc police, which you won't be in the bad sport pool for.

Just a reminder since some of the recent posts kinda blend the two terms together.

I've been in plenty of firefights with NPCs and my dot has barely changed colour so it must take a ridiculous bodycount to go red. The point is still the same, if you are super aggressive in your gameplay, don't expect a freebie. You are responsible for your own actions and subsequent reactions. Nobody else should have to pick up the tab just because they get the upper hand and destroyed the car you are hiding in. A car you chose to drive as it offered more protection so you could get away with causing more mayhem. And if they use the car itself as the weapon, why should I have to pay for removing that asset and getting a bad sport status as a result of simply levelling the field?

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

I kinda wish they'd also tack on a 5k fee for health costs, similar to LG passive killing. It won't really stop griefers, but it's something to make the lesser-wealthy ones think twice.

As far as reverse shooting, what about limiting the range of certain vehicles just like the armored kuruma?

Insurance is one of the Blights of Free Roam combat.

It should not exist... Neither should Bad Sports.

We got guns.. we got explosives and we got passive mode. Thats more then enough.

Edited by HulioG

You're not so much being punished for the car choice as being punished for being a bright red dot in a car that gives an unfavourable advantage. If you are going to be that aggressive expect the consequences. Now could someone bring that colour down? yes. But apparently it still takes about 45 minutes of playing missions for it to revert to white. If that's 45 minutes without some dick being a bad sport himself in the first place and leaving the server i'm on then I can live with that.

But since when did griefers/trolls take the time to play missions, let alone care about being a red dot on the map?

If you can blow up a zen or an armoured car without having to pay for insurance, those cars become major targets, so i'll be the victim again for my carchoices.

They don't care about it now, why would they? There are not too much consequences. But when the other person has to pay a higher insurance-fee when they are white, i'm sure they will think it's worth to undo their red-dot-status. Just to make sure their victims lose more money...

You are responsible for your own actions and subsequent reactions. Nobody else should have to pick up the tab just because they get the upper hand and destroyed the car you are hiding in. A car you chose to drive as it offered more protection so you could get away with causing more mayhem.

I didn't choose my zentorno because of the back, but because i honostly like how it looks, how fast it is and the good handling. It was much, much later i read on this forum it had a bulletproof back. As i stated before, I don't play aggressive, i'm no free-roamwarrior. Yet, according to you i should get punished because "i could do that"?

And how big of a problem is reversekilling really? It happened to me once and i've been playing since day 1. Since i see a lot of zentorno's (now karuma's) i think it's a big load of bs that every zendriver is a reversekiller. You're all just seeking excuses to blow up cars.

Why are people that are so bad at the game feel so entitled? This is a game based on Mayhem and Chaos. I don't think you should even get "Bad Sport" for blowing up personal vehicles.

I kinda wish they'd also tack on a 5k fee for health costs, similar to LG passive killing. It won't really stop griefers, but it's something to make the lesser-wealthy ones think twice.

As far as reverse shooting, what about limiting the range of certain vehicles just like the armored kuruma?

I really dislike people who ruin the game with wanting to nerf everything. Basically, everyone kills you for no reason (I promise you've done it as well) the complaints pour in when a bigger fish that knows how to play better stomps you. And that's when the cries of "nerf this, nerf that, penalty penalty" are heard throughout the land of scrubdom.

Edited by Setzaroth
  • Like 2

EEDDDWWWAARRRD

Why are people that are so bad at the game feel so entitled? This is a game based on Mayhem and Chaos. I don't think you should even get "Bad Sport" for blowing up personal vehicles.

I really dislike people who ruin the game with wanting to nerf everything. Basically, everyone kills you for no reason (I promise you've done it as well) the complaints pour in when a bigger fish that knows how to play better stomps you. And that's when the cries of "nerf this, nerf that, penalty penalty" are heard throughout the land of scrubdom.

Where exactly is nerfing involved? Nothing is being powered down. Reverse shooting is simply a system exploit, and healthcare fees would add some peace of mind for peaceful players, and calm down the griefers just a tad.

If all you want to do is kill people, go play deathmatches or LTS and stop your elitist bitching.

Where exactly is nerfing involved? Nothing is being powered down. Reverse shooting is simply a system exploit, and healthcare fees would add some peace of mind for peaceful players, and calm down the griefers just a tad.

If all you want to do is kill people, go play deathmatches or LTS and stop your elitist bitching.

S5DJ2Uem.jpg

Edited by Setzaroth
  • Like 1

I didn't choose my zentorno because of the back, but because i honostly like how it looks, how fast it is and the good handling. It was much, much later i read on this forum it had a bulletproof back. As i stated before, I don't play aggressive, i'm no free-roamwarrior. Yet, according to you i should get punished because "i could do that"?

And how big of a problem is reversekilling really? It happened to me once and i've been playing since day 1. Since i see a lot of zentorno's (now karuma's) i think it's a big load of bs that every zendriver is a reversekiller. You're all just seeking excuses to blow up cars.

Try reading it again. If you are a red dot in a car, expect to face the consequences of being aggressive. You are not being punished for the choice of vehicle. If you are a massive fat red dot you shouldn't expect to go without consequences for your actions. The car is immaterial. Do you know how the insurance in real life works? If you drive like a twat and take risks you don't get paid when you have an accident. People blow up cars regardless of the insurance or bad sport, they rarely if ever need a reason. I stopped using an Adder because they were sticky magnets for no reason other than they were high priced and people who didn't have them liked blowing them up because they were popular. How often do you see them now? People move on to hating other cars. The Karuma(A) will get the same treatment as it's abused and is also popular for other reasons. Deal with it.

As for reverse killing not being a problem, how would you know when you are driving the same car so there is no advantage to whoever is doing it to you and you may well do it to them? or how about people avoid you because they don't trust your car choice?

It's happened to me with two drivers since Friday alone. One of them lived after I didn't want the bad sport and he killed me with sticky bombs thrown at me on a roof I couldn't get off (i'd already dropped him twice on foot after he tried to drive over me). I had no shot with small arms yet was stupidly trying. The second guy that tried it to me the day after got a 40mm grenade through his back window after he threw his sticky in a bad position (I don't drive cars), and dropped him again when he respawned for pissing me off. I no longer care about being a bad sport. Nobody is seeking an excuse to blow up cars. It's GTA, people will do it anyway. And i'm going to do it if some asshole is attempting to kill me. I blew up a Karuma(A) that stopped near me yesterday, I have no idea if he was being aggressive or not, on reflection I don't think he was. I didn't care, my level of trust in the community has diminished with more people attempting to run me down in things like Zen or Karuma. And there is the rub, drive a douchey car people aren't going to ask questions.

Try reading it again. If you are a red dot in a car, expect to face the consequences of being aggressive. You are not being punished for the choice of vehicle. If you are a massive fat red dot you shouldn't expect to go without consequences for your actions. The car is immaterial. Do you know how the insurance in real life works? If you drive like a twat and take risks you don't get paid when you have an accident. People blow up cars regardless of the insurance or bad sport, they rarely if ever need a reason. I stopped using an Adder because they were sticky magnets for no reason other than they were high priced and people who didn't have them liked blowing them up because they were popular. How often do you see them now? People move on to hating other cars. The Karuma(A) will get the same treatment as it's abused and is also popular for other reasons. Deal with it.

As for reverse killing not being a problem, how would you know when you are driving the same car so there is no advantage to whoever is doing it to you and you may well do it to them? or how about people avoid you because they don't trust your car choice?

It's happened to me with two drivers since Friday alone. One of them lived after I didn't want the bad sport and he killed me with sticky bombs thrown at me on a roof I couldn't get off (i'd already dropped him twice on foot after he tried to drive over me). I had no shot with small arms yet was stupidly trying. The second guy that tried it to me the day after got a 40mm grenade through his back window after he threw his sticky in a bad position (I don't drive cars), and dropped him again when he respawned for pissing me off. I no longer care about being a bad sport. Nobody is seeking an excuse to blow up cars. It's GTA, people will do it anyway. And i'm going to do it if some asshole is attempting to kill me. I blew up a Karuma(A) that stopped near me yesterday, I have no idea if he was being aggressive or not, on reflection I don't think he was. I didn't care, my level of trust in the community has diminished with more people attempting to run me down in things like Zen or Karuma. And there is the rub, drive a douchey car people aren't going to ask questions.

I'm pretty sure fewer people drive them now because there are better cars.

I've never had problems killing someone in a Zentorno. Pick your battles and don't be stupid. Problem = solved. Next

There we have it folks, my previous point made. Thank you. Though I do find it funny that the mere sight of a car makes you uneasy. Online is simple. I don't see how people get killed all the time.

It's well known Adders were destroyed for fun. Nothing to do with better cars, the Adder is still the fastest on the map and they largely disappeared long before there were any 'better' cars.

Having some dick in a Zentorno chase you on a Sanchez, knocking you off then repeatedly reverse over you is hardly picking a battle. Neither is death by random sticky bombs in drive bys. Yet shoot at the back with small arms and they are pretty much untouchable yet you are the opposite. Which I was the other day, I did not choose to be in that position. It was dictated by circumstance.

It didn't make me uneasy. I just didn't give a toss about being blown up by someone in a troll car. As stated, I didn't care either way. And it wasn't me that got killed. As you said, online is simple.

Edited by DDP73

Adders were destroyed for fun? Ooook, that makes no sense whatsoever, but, anyway...

The Zentorno is not a troll car, lol. You chose to not be passive and ride a motorcycle, come on now....

Edited by Setzaroth