2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

In game chat ban....

s0uRp0vv3r

How does one get himself/herself out of said ban?

Does the ingame commend yerself option even work?

Sick of children losing then abusing a broken feature in the game....

Any advice would be helpful..

Edited by s0uRp0vv3r

This is the first I've heard of a chat ban, which is saying something.

I mean, what did you do? Spew cliché insults in a lobby until everyone wanted you to stop talking?

I got chat banned once and got my friends to keep commending me and was able to speak the next day.

Sky_Light12

which one , review or report ?

which one , review or report ?

Take yer pick .....vote to kick and all the report options are broken when there isn't someone verifying something actually happened..

Edited by s0uRp0vv3r

customkingpimp

How not to get a chat ban.. Dont talk so much crap over a mic.

How do you get chat banned? Rustle the wrong jimmies?

Could be a squeaker with an absolute dependence on stating how his life is immensely better at the age of twelve, because he sells sports cars, owns every gun in real life, gets every girl he wants, etc...

Or he let his kid use the mic, with predictable results.

• Like 1

terabaapkabaap

if you are on ps3, I will happily commend you and maybe get a friend or two to do the same

The quickest way to have this happen to you is blast your crappy music over your mic for everyone else in the lobby to hear, the reports for annoying voice chat will soon mount up.

sh*t, if they didn't want to hear you all they had to do was mute you, didn't have to go that far. Yes I feel ya, idiots just like to falsely report ppl either bc your high rank, talk sh*t or they get so butthurt bc they start sh*t and get slapped around when they're losing. In any case welcome to new age gaming! Edited by TCA

if you are on ps3, I will happily commend you and maybe get a friend or two to do the same

And just like Twenty-Eight days later, we learn precisely why he was kept in that cage only after we've let him loose.

Sky_Light12

Could be a squeaker with an absolute dependence on stating how his life is immensely better at the age of twelve, because he sells sports cars, owns every gun in real life, gets every girl he wants, etc...

Or he let his kid use the mic, with predictable results.

you right , spoiled squeakers shouldn't play online to avoid getting trolled

the last squeaker i've trolled is wild and " strongest " one , but nevertless i still managed to troll him , the random players adding me leads me speculated that's same guy

sh*t, if they didn't want to hear you all they had to do was mute you, didn't have to go that far. Yes I feel ya, idiots just like to falsely report ppl either bc your high rank, talk sh*t or they get so butthurt bc they start sh*t and get slapped around when they're losing. In any case welcome to new age gaming!

Let me emphasize my point - something drove players to seeing that muting him was not enough to make his behavior tolerable. He angered some folks enough ways to sunday, that they voted and successfully enacted a chat ban.

It's 'easy to sympathize' because we know almost nothing about this person besides the very minimal info he's provided, in the form of him accusing a vague and featureless party as being solely responsible for his woes. That's like a murderer saying that 'someone died, because they were bad'. Essential info, details...seem like they're being intentionally withheld.

Hence the whole 'He's selling something' angle. He's selling a story, and I (along with another in this topic) aren't buying it.

• Like 1

Not buying it.

Not selling anything..

If you only knew.

sh*t, if they didn't want to hear you all they had to do was mute you, didn't have to go that far. Yes I feel ya, idiots just like to falsely report ppl either bc your high rank, talk sh*t or they get so butthurt bc they start sh*t and get slapped around when they're losing. In any case welcome to new age gaming!

Let me emphasize my point - something drove players to seeing that muting him was not enough to make his behavior tolerable. He angered some folks enough ways to sunday, that they voted and successfully enacted a chat ban.

It's 'easy to sympathize' because we know almost nothing about this person besides the very minimal info he's provided, in the form of him accusing a vague and featureless party as being solely responsible for his woes. That's like a murderer saying that 'someone died, because they were bad'. Essential info, details...seem like they're being intentionally withheld.

Hence the whole 'He's selling something' angle. He's selling a story, and I (along with another in this topic) aren't buying it.

You gotta point. Well OP you deserved it I retract my statement. Stop running your garbage filled mouth and sh*t like that won't happen.

You gotta point. Well OP you deserved it I retract my statement. Stop running your garbage filled mouth and sh*t like that won't happen.

Reports aren't the only thing that contribute. It keeps track of how many people mute you similar to how it works in Halo where enough mutes make you automatically muted in any lobby.

Halal Cyborg

To get chat banned takes serious douchery.

Be less of a douche/stop talking to 12 year olds.

Reports aren't the only thing that contribute. It keeps track of how many people mute you similar to how it works in Halo where enough mutes make you automatically muted in any lobby.

That's not really any better, if anything that just makes me question his attitude even more. Until now, I didn't even know a chat ban even existed to begin with.

Jun2nolimit

You only get chat ban for racism or very insulting comments to other players

not only that they watch you for a day before they ban you

So you said something really messed up if they ban you

I had a friend who was permedently muted who called r* and that's what they said to him

They don't ban for your music playing

They don't ban for just people's reports

Chat bans are reviewed by them listening in on your next few sessions then they decide if they will ban you

Edited by Jun2nolimit

Elric_Francis92

Stop talking sh*t. Pretty simple.

I talk t all the time and when bored I mute everyone that I pissed off. Seems I am the only one who actually chat bans. If I can't hear him why do I even need to vote to chat ban someone?

I insult then mute stupidity. simple.

Pretty sad when I was in party chat when the message came up and I haven't played for roughly a week...that just shot holes through the majority of the forum heroes....

So please try again....even though yer opinions are quite funny...

and I'm already unmuted keep it up fanboyz

Edited by s0uRp0vv3r

Halal Cyborg

You need a typing ban to go with your chat ban, you fail at communication.

• Like 2

Pretty sad when I was in party chat when the message came up and I haven't played for roughly a week...that just shot holes through the majority of the forum heroes....

So please try again....even though yer opinions are quite funny...

and I'm already unmuted keep it up fanboyz

A statement that reveals more of the personality suggested to be responsible for the situation in the first place.

Please understand that I was in party chat when this happened.

If you want, I'd be willing to elaborate further...

...and on a more positive note, I'm no longer banned from chat, so that's a plus.

Something a more reasonable and fun person would have said.

• Like 2