2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

What would you change about GTA IV to improve it?

Journey_95

be it something about the great story, gameplay, missions etc?

GTA IV is the best GTA game for me (especially the story is just great) so I wouldn't change much but maybe a bit more mission variety would have been good?

• Like 3

Algonquin Assassin

-Give money more purpose.

-Customising.

-Snapmatic.

-GTA V's cover system.

-Better rewards.

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

I'd put all the things that EFLC had to IV. Drug wars, gang wars, nightclubs, more bikes, more weapons.

• Like 8
fMNTnvL.png

Sussus Amongus

I would have improved the clunky gameply it had. Cover, running,gunplay, general meele combat etc. Imma let it slide though. It was their first time working with that engine and suc. Other than tat I think money should have meant something. The ability to buy properties and/or some sort of an empire building system like in VCS where you help out your friends gangs or build your own. A bit like what Pajko said above me. Weapon variety was decent but a few more weapons would have been nice. Like in the older GTA games where you had a huge selection. The return of vehicle modification shops would have been really good. Like Trans Fender and such. Axel's spray shop in Leftwood would have been a good mod shop. More special unlocks and a taxi minigame where you helped Roman's Cab Co out.

There are some more things I would like to add but that would ave made the post too long. This game had some good potential.

All I would basically add would be the ability to buy safehouses. By the end of the game, you don't have a safehouse in Broker or Dukes, so it's a pain if you want to cruise around Hove Beach, but then have to return to your safehouse in another borough to save.

It's not necessary, but it would be cool to see a car modification shop. Brucie's would've been the perfect place for it.

I'd put all the things that EFLC had to IV. Drug wars, gang wars, nightclubs, more bikes, more weapons.

I agree on everything except Nightclub

just hard to picture Niko dancing

• Like 6

car mods , diving ( i didn't make much sense for me that niko could swim but can't dive ) , EFLC stuffs , GTA V cover system , more clothes options ( hats , socks probably ? ) , ability to buy properties ? ( like GTA Vice City / GTA V ) , maybe more weapons and weapon customization ? ( just like in gta v where you can change weapon color etc. ) , and rampages like trevor's one would be fun too.

• Like 1

- GTA V mission diversity

- Much more side activities

- Better car handling

- Useful money

- More safehouse (such as a house in Dukes, or a condo with a breathtaking view in Lower Algonquin ...).

- The ability to store pictures taken with the phone (like in San Andreas), and also the ability to upload only the ones we want to be uploaded on Social Club.

- Better cloth selection menu.

- Better soundtrack (too much "lame" radio stations).

- More blocks on Little Italy, Suffolk and Lower Easton.

- And the ability to call the phone numbers appearing on signs, commercials etc ... Saint Row 1 did it very well, it was even better on SR2, so R* could have done it.

• Like 6

ManularChimera

I'd change the gameplay system for V's except the melee combat. Also more weapons.

Edited by ManularChimera

-Brucie's Tuning Shop

-Countryside

-Mafiya Work/Car Jack City from multiplayer as infinite side-activities in Singleplayer

-EFLC vehicles/weapons after story is finished

-3D-era style rewards for completing things

-More cheats

-Actual recoil mechanics instead of only bulletspread

TLAD:

-Being able to command your backup like you could in SA

-Hardening the extra side-backup outside of Gang Wars

-Club Business from multiplayer as infinite side-activity in Singleplayer as an alternative to Gang Wars

-Give Terry/Clay better bikes, not the sissy Diabolus

-Better race AI, everyone attacks everyone

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 3

TheFlareEntercounter

I'd add a more diverse weapon arsenal, the weapon wheel, moving, cover system and weapon animations from GTA V, make the bullets have actual physics such as gravity resistance, penetrating light materials, wind resistance, ricocheting off surfaces, etc., revamp the wanted system (similar to the Arrest Warrant mod only toned down), tone down the sliding and bobbing of cars (it was nice but it was overdone), expand the customization options, both Niko's and the cars', purchasable safehouses and businesses.

I agree on everything except Nightclub

0hCdKPF.gif

fMNTnvL.png

-Give money more purpose.

-Customising.

-Snapmatic.

-GTA V's cover system.

-Better rewards.

:^:

The payout was quite good although we couldn't even spend the money. The only time we could spend money was if we bought things out of vendors or went out with friends and did activities

To improve IV I would add...

*Accessible Nightclubs

*Drug wars and gang wars

*More customization for weapons (colours, scopes etc)

*Better range of customization for cars

*Wide range of clothing

*Option to buy cars and properties

GTA IV was very successful to me. The guns were quite good - AK47, UZI, common pistols - they were the only guns I actually needed. The cars were good too

I always wished the camera on the in-game phone could take pics that you could upload to RGSC and not just use it for one whole mission.

fMNTnvL.png

More Clothing
Car customization
24/7's and bodegas being able to rob them as well
Gambling( R* missed an opportunity with the hardware store we could have played some poker games there and maybe added a bookie. They could have even added in street games like Threecard monte imagine walking down the street and playing it stuff like that)
Purchasable Safehouses
Added in riding buses as an alternative to driving
Parking Garages( In my trips to NYC I've seen a lot of them they would have been real helpful in IV)
slide_2.jpg

parking_garage_entrance3.jpg

open_parking_elevated_300.jpg

Taxi driver missions (I wanted to drive those yellow cabs)

16iulns.jpg

Edited by Zello
  • Like 4

PhillBellic

Two things in my list.

1. Female Cops, in both Liberty City/New Liberty, and New Alderney.

2. Proper implimentation of Counties and Jurisdictions, including Vehicles, and Police Officers themselves. The latter meaning that Municipal LEO's don't drive State Police vehicles, and visa versa.

Now that you've brought it up, female officers would be cool to see. It's a shame they got cut, but I don't see a reason why they were.

If they were in, they'd need to be more utilized that the ones of V. I rarely saw any females while in gunfights, and only ran across them when they stood outside of their respective stations.

PhillBellic

Now that you've brought it up, female officers would be cool to see. It's a shame they got cut, but I don't see a reason why they were.

If they were in, they'd need to be more utilized that the ones of V. I rarely saw any females while in gunfights, and only ran across them when they stood outside of their respective stations.

In the LCPD's case, they should have spawned 20% of the time, at Police Stations, guarding certain areas (the cops holding Carbine Rifles), and actively patrolling in police cars, and walking the beat. This would be reflecting that the NYPD has around 20% of their force being female.

I am not sure of Police Department demographics in New Jersey/New Alderney.

-Include finger-less gloves

-Make the counter system for h2h combat more fluid

-Takeaway Niko's fat gut and give him a more muscular/leaner look

-More clothing options

-Be able to have sexual intercourse with Kate McReary

• Like 2

I would make a very little change to the controls: as you may know in the PS3/Xbox 360 version you can use the handbrake by pressing whether X/A or L1/LB. The change I would make consists in using the X/A button for the handbrake and L1/LB to free-aim while driving. Not a big deal, but it'd surely be easier to perform a drive-by.

Also, better rewards, and the ability to take pictures and save them in a gallery.

Edited by toxluv

zbhEXO6.png

PhillBellic

I would make a very little change to the controls: as you may know in the PS3/Xbox 360 version you can use the handbrake by pressing whether X/A or L1/LB. The change I would make consists in using the X/A button for the handbrake and L1/LB to free-aim while driving. Not a big deal, but it'd surely be easier to perform a drive-by.

Also, better rewards, and the ability to take pictures and save them in a gallery.

Yes to both. Whilst driving change the secondary handbrake the aim button in vehicles, in the same way that thr RMB does it in the PC version.

The camera function is rather useless without the ability to save the photos. Heck, SA did have that ability.

• Like 1

Shadowfennekin

Money having an actual purpose.

Garages to safely keep cars you want to save.

• Like 1

2. Proper implimentation of Counties and Jurisdictions, including Vehicles, and Police Officers themselves. The latter meaning that Municipal LEO's don't drive State Police vehicles, and visa versa.

Would have liked to see it in Alderney I really hated that they all were driving LCPD cars even though it's a different state.

It would have also been nice to see some State troopers and Highway patrol officers with the proper uniforms and vehicles.

PhillBellic

Another thing would be this.

How they called the State Of New Liberty "Liberty City State". It sounds like a second tier US sports team, or something. Additionally, how they call the neighbouring State of New Alderney 'Alderney'. :/ Furthermore, it's one of my modding goals to hunt down every sign and change it to the correct sounding ones. :)

• Like 2

LightningLord

A little bit of a rural area would be nice.

IcOqQpq.gif

PhillBellic

Would have liked to see it in Alderney I really hated that they all were driving LCPD cars even though it's a different state.

It would have also been nice to see some State troopers and Highway patrol officers with the proper uniforms and vehicles.

New Alderney should have featured the following Agencies.

snip

I like your concept, except for the use of Federal Law Enforcement Agencies (NOOSE, and FIB) at low wanted levels. I would suggest the use of State Police instead of NOOSE at the third wanted level, and restrict NOOSE, and FIB for the fifth, and sixth levels.

Additionally, you may want to include these other agencies into your concept. The ACPD, and TPD (see below).

GTA IV is my favourite game, but I have my problems/criticisms with it, mainly to do with the improper implementation of Counties and Jurisdictions. For example, why aren't the following police agencies patrolling the State of New Alderney (NA);

med_gallery_26777_466_8842.jpeg

From left to right; the New Alderney State Police (NASP), Alderney City Police Department (ACPD), and the Tudor Police Department (TPD).

Additionally, when in NA, why do police stations and fire stations bear the insignias of the LCPD and FDLC respectively. Furthermore, why do the Port Tudor welcome signs say "The Gateway to Liberty City".

Furthermore, for the State Of New Liberty, the New Liberty State Police (NLSP) should play a role, and as a bi-state agency, the Port Authority of New Liberty and New Alderney's Police Department (PANLNA), the Port Authority Police Department (PAPD), should be used.

• Like 3

snip

I like your concept, except for the use of Federal Law Enforcement Agencies (NOOSE, and FIB) at low wanted levels. I would suggest the use of State Police instead of NOOSE at the third wanted level, and restrict NOOSE, and FIB for the fifth, and sixth levels.

Additionally, you may want to include these other agencies into your concept. The ACPD, and TPD (see below).

GTA IV is my favourite game, but I have my problems/criticisms with it, mainly to do with the improper implementation of Counties and Jurisdictions. For example, why aren't the following police agencies patrolling the State of New Alderney (NA);

From left to right; the New Alderney State Police (NASP), Alderney City Police Department (ACPD), and the Tudor Police Department (TPD).

Additionally, when in NA, why do police stations and fire stations bear the insignias of the LCPD and FDLC respectively. Furthermore, why do the Port Tudor welcome signs say "The Gateway to Liberty City".

Furthermore, for the State Of New Liberty, the New Liberty State Police (NLSP) should play a role, and as a bi-state agency, the Port Authority of New Liberty and New Alderney's Police Department (PANLNA), the Port Authority Police Department (PAPD), should be used.

I am going to add something relevant, similar to what I posted in the GTA V Emergency Vehicles thread.

Alderney would be patrolled by the ASP, Alderney City by the ACPD, Tudor and Tudor Industrial by TPD,

Westdyke by Wesdyke PD, Harbours/Parts of BAOBA and Hove, by the PAPD, and FIA also by the PAPD,

Happienes Island by Park Police, rest of LC by the LCPD and either the NOOSE or the FIB at 4+ Stars.

(Off topic)

Is it only me who looks at the NOOSE as the FPS/Homeland Sec's TRU?

Their cars have a resemblance to those.

Edit:

Additionally the N.O.O.S.E Cruisers could be replaced by something like this:

c7b228abf7abd347689004aabf922091.png74a4c4412c0eefa2fac12985ee0039f9.png8f2d76bc6b82ba2f17a86148bad32899.png

Edited by Officer Vic
  • Like 1

PhillBellic

snip

I am going to add something relevant, similar to what I posted in the GTA V Emergency Vehicles thread.

Alderney would be patrolled by the ASP, Alderney City by the ACPD, Tudor and Tudor Industrial by TPD,

Westdyke by Wesdyke PD, Harbours/Parts of BAOBA and Hove, by the PAPD, and FIA also by the PAPD,

Happienes Island by Park Police, rest of LC by the LCPD and either the NOOSE or the FIB at 4+ Stars.

(Off topic)

Edit:

c7b228abf7abd347689004aabf922091.png74a4c4412c0eefa2fac12985ee0039f9.png8f2d76bc6b82ba2f17a86148bad32899.png

Did you make those liveries just for this post? If so, they look pretty good. :)

Anyway, I'd go further and have NOOSE as the last 'tier' of Law Enforcement in game. Basically I'd set it up like this;

One to two stars.

1. Municipal Police.

Three, to four stars.

2. State Police.

Five, to six Stars.

3. NOOSE Federal Protective Service/Tactical Response Unit.

Additionally, I'd remove the FIB from general wanted levels and only use them in missions. Thoughts?

snip

(Off topic)

Edit:

Did you make those liveries just for this post? If so, they look pretty good. :)

Anyway, I'd go further and have NOOSE as the last 'tier' of Law Enforcement in game. Basically I'd set it up like this;

One to two stars.

1. Municipal Police.

Three, to four stars.

2. State Police.

Five, to six Stars.

3. NOOSE Federal Protective Service/Tactical Response Unit.

Additionally, I'd remove the FIB from general wanted levels and only use them in missions. Thoughts?

That seems like a good idea.

And I did not make those textures for this, they're from a pack I am working on for the GTA V cars.

You can see more progress here: http://www.lcpdfr.com/topic/48954-federal-protective-service-pack/

(My name is different there, I changed it because my dear friend TaylorSwift wanted me to.)