2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Character Transfer Old Gen - New Gen - PC not possible anymore?

crowstwo

I replied to a post on reddit that you can transfer your char again to the PC version because that's what R* said but somebody replied to me saying that he asked support and they said you cannot do it..

The reply from R* is written in a rather poor English. Plus the link in the picture leads to a Vice City update notes on R*. But it is not fake because the guy sent me more pictures so i don't think he took the time to fake the whole thing. Could it be a misinformed support agent or R* decided to not support a "3 way transfer"? :)

aa9YS9b.png

I hope not. If this is the case, I completely regret transferring to Next Gen.

They said so in an old newswire article:

WSRgAxH.png

If they changed their mind, I will be shocked.

I know that and i also asked them 2 months before on Twitter when i got my Xbox One and they confirmed it again. Last night and this morning i asked on Twitter but they did not reply. Usually they reply in a couple of minutes....

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne
  • Like 1

dVOJf7l.png

I am in the same exact boat. I have my char since Day 1! I don't want to start from scratch...

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

I wish it was the case. Most PC gamers will be first timers in GTA Online and there wil already be people flying around with full upgrades, level 500, tanks and flying sausages.

This is like a last "f*ck you" from Rockstar tbh, after all the delays.

RedIndianRobin

This proves Rockstar games has the worst PR as well as worst customer service.

• Like 1

GrandTeaRedemption

I would be happy since I won't find any level 100 kicking my ass when playing GTA Online for the first time.

I would be happy since I won't find any level 100 kicking my ass when playing GTA Online for the first time.

GTA is not a gear oriented game like WoW. Plus they added many good weapons for low levels. So if you can aim you should not have a problem. But i and other people have played a lot and i would like to keep my progress for the PC is my weapon of choice :)

• Like 2

I refused to pay 60 bucks for Playstation+ and sold my PS4, resumed to play on PS3 and am ready for transfer.

I've been on Xbox 360 since the game came out, will be transferring my level 190 character over to pc when released. Don't think all high level players will be dicks about it, I find the worst players are the ones around level 50ish who spend all their time trolling rather than playing properly so haven't levelled up as much as someone who plays properly. Higher level players are often better to play with as they generally have to know what they are doing to get that high. In reality anyone at any level can be a dick and low level players can still kick higher level players ass if they know what they are doing.

I would trust the official news wire posts more than I would trust the support answers. They have been wrong in the past. They may be getting confused by the fact that you cannot transfer xbone to ps4.

• Like 2

I've been on Xbox 360 since the game came out, will be transferring my level 190 character over to pc when released. Don't think all high level players will be dicks about it, I find the worst players are the ones around level 50ish who spend all their time trolling rather than playing properly so haven't levelled up as much as someone who plays properly. Higher level players are often better to play with as they generally have to know what they are doing to get that high. In reality anyone at any level can be a dick and low level players can still kick higher level players ass if they know what they are doing.

I would trust the official news wire posts more than I would trust the support answers. They have been wrong in the past. They may be getting confused by the fact that you cannot transfer xbone to ps4.

There are exceptions but I'd generally agree. You have to do jobs to seriously rank up, trolling people in free mode doesn't progress you. I have a PS3 rank 200 character but will start a new one from scratch on the PC. Co op jobs and heists are the best way to rank up, and if you are in and out of those there's not a lot of time you can be ambushed in free mode.

There are exceptions but I'd generally agree. You have to do jobs to seriously rank up, trolling people in free mode doesn't progress you. I have a PS3 rank 200 character but will start a new one from scratch on the PC. Co op jobs and heists are the best way to rank up, and if you are in and out of those there's not a lot of time you can be ambushed in free mode.

I usually play invite only (either with friends or solo) so I don't have to worry about free mode trolls and only meet other players during jobs. I would advise new pc players to do the same until you learn the ropes.

Spider-Vice

I would believe the Newswire post more than the Support post, and that reason being Support really doesn't know as much as the Newswire guys do, they receive info directly from Rockstar when they post an article, Support does assume a lot. He even foreshadowed he didn't know either.

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

Glad I never got a PS4, I guess. Will be transferring my PS3 character, something like r135. I agree with what other people said, don't assume all transferring players are going to be dicks. I'm generally a pretty peaceful guy, and if I see high level players trying to torture newbros... It probably won't end well for them. None of the people I know getting the game for PC have played yet, so I'm also gonna be helping new PC guys level up faster via high rank jobs.

Not everyone transferring has bad intentions, y'see.

OP, don't worry. Support doesn't know jack shi*.

I had an issue with license plates and I was very clear what the issue was.

I got a response a week later saying "We have allowed you to change your characters appearance again. It will be available when you start up GTAOnline."

... I didn't even have this option either lol.

I posted on the community support on the Rockstar website and i got a response from somebody from support saying that you can transfer to PC again :).

So i guess as you guys said, as long as it isn't on the newswire it shouldn't be taken into consideration.

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

I hope anyone can't transfer any sh*t from consoles. All we want to start from bottom.

*Post deleted.

Edited by The7thOne

dVOJf7l.png

I hope anyone can't transfer any sh*t from consoles. All we want to start from bottom.

You want to start from bottom.

I don't...

• Like 3

But we already started from the bottom. We just did it a while ago.

It would be unfair to PC players who never played the game. Deal with it!

Totallycasual

Well i was very clear with Rockstar support about PC being my preferred platform and i wouldn't not have moved my online character from PS3 to PS4, in fact i would never have even purchased a PS4 if it wasn't for Rockstar support telling me it would be fine for me to ultimately transfer to PC when it came. If they reverse that im going to be pretty pissed.

Hey guys,

Just to clarify, we haven't stated anything otherwise about transferring your GTA Online character to PC after you done so from last gen to current gen. Be on the lookout for more details about that.

:r*:

Edited by MeltedSOX

RyanBurnsRed

It would be unfair to PC players who never played the game. Deal with it!

You're right, it would be unfair. But think of it this way: Anyone that buys the game on PC a year from now will be dealing with the same thing...so either way it's a moot point.

ryanburnsred.gif

Kaito Katsumi

This proves Rockstar games has the worst PR as well as worst customer service.

Customer Service? If we were talking about service as a whole, Please, look at Amy's Baking Company HAHAHA
  • Like 1